The Squids were out today.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Squids were out today....

Mercaholic

...and so hilarious to watch.

I took the Burlington beach route out of Oakville and couldn't help but notice the Squids running their straight piped cruisers up and down the road and even on the QEW on my return home at over 130 kph. Chics on the back with their halter tops flapping away, bare big guts overhanging the tight fitted jeans, many with sun burned shoulders and necks. Ah, it was like being at Pt. Dover all over again.

Gotta love that Hamilton breed.

Chick filling up gas helmet gloves and tshirt and jeans another donor coming to your hospital soon. to join her the guy riding up lundys lane on the gixer same outfit and to the harley dude with no shirt sorry your brain wasn't delivered although after hearing you not such a bad thing after all.

To each their own, my low speed slide convinced me that my decision to ride AGATT was the correct one.

Gear is a personal choice and I respect everybody's right to make his/her own. Let's talk about actual squids instead. Like that bunch of morons on Mono that literally zig-zagged through our formation to get ahead. Fortunately, we were an experienced bunch so nobody panicked, but we were all pretty ******. If you're reading this, go **** yourselves!

Pffft, who needs gear. Enjoy mother nature to the fullest.

Just incase some flaming starts... i'm being sarcastic

Classic response!

Here is my rant; intended toward the actual perp. Seriously though, this was an ignorant maneuver, wasn't simply through our formation, but passing through formation on the right during a right hander.... Genius, pure genius. I hope this clown finds his way on to my farm some day; perhaps there could be a threshing "accident".

Classic response!

Here is my rant; intended toward the actual perp. Seriously though, this was an ignorant maneuver, wasn't simply through our formation, but passing through formation on the right during a right hander.... Genius, pure genius. I hope this clown finds his way on to my farm some day; perhaps there could be a threshing "accident".

If the rest of the scum shows up, leave some for me.. ****en inbred babbling idiots

And what's the problem with that exactly? I generally wear the padded jacket on top of whatever I have on when I go riding. Today however I went for long rides/errands all day long in jeans and a soccer jersey. To each his own. My riding style adjusts slightly based on what I'm wearing.

There are countries out there who ride way more than we do and don't even wear helmets and it's socially accepted. Why complain here?

So anyone that rides without full leathers is a squid? Is that correct?
I think technically a squid is a poor rider that, for example, needs to slow down almost to a stop to make a turn (like a real squid needs to). Furthermore, I think the term of squid for people that ride without gear is because, like a squid, they're exposed flesh makes them slippery, and they "slip" through other rider (or fish), which also covers their erratic behavior when riding.

I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong ;)

While I'm a firm believer in "to each his own", I did cringe when I saw a young girl on the back of a sportsbike wearing only a helmut, demin jacket, mini shorts and...flip flops.

So anyone that rides without full leathers is a squid? Is that correct?

squid is anyone who doesn't wear gear. It doesn't have to be full leathers, it could be mesh or any "motorcycle" jacket. A squid is usually someone who rides with a lot of exposed skin e.g t-shirt + shorts and sometimes sandals.

leather is expensive, skin is free

you can replace leather while you can't replace skin, although skin does eventually grow back it just wont ever be the same. :(

Ahhhh to be young.Squid is an acronim for stupid squirrely kid.Meaning a kid that rides like a squirrel darting threw traffic,not waring gear while riding aggresivly and asking for it.There riding with out gear then theres riding like a fool with out gear.Not having your gear is just part of it.The real issue is not having a healthy fear of death (see link)

http://www.rc51.org/glossary.htm

Last edited:
I used to think squids were stupid, now i just dont care. There's too many stupid people out there to make a difference.

Like someone else already said, the only time it irks me is when it's a girl on the back wearing very little.

Back
Top Bottom