The Squids were out today....

a squid by definition doesnt really refer to gear, but to "squirrely kid"
or
Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Imminently
Dead

.either way its about how they ride, not what thjey're wearing.

Like someone else already said, the only time it irks me is when it's a girl on the back wearing very little.

Me too. I always wonder if the rider showed them the pics of road rash that I have seen and explained what the consequences could be if they go down and how likely that may be before they let them hop on the back.

I also hate the straight piped bikes. They sound so annoying and obnoxious and on the highway I never hear them until they're in front of me anyway so it's not really helping me notice them.

129156679480544604.jpg

I believe more hot young girls should be on the back of sportbikes with minimal clothing. It's win-win for me although I hope they don't get hurt.

So they're out riding with chicks enjoying the sun and you're posting about them on the internet.

Yyyyep.

Hey I bought hard plastic backpack and motorcycle boots, maybe i should belittle riders who doesnt have them. HHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm. Too many self righteous riders "I got gear yadiyadiyadah, tax dollars at work on hospital bills yadiyadiyadaaahhh, road rash yadiyadiyadaaaahhh, freeeekkkkiiinnn squids yadiyadiyadaaahhh. Just ride and stop eyeing other riders!!!!!!

now this why we can't have nice things, what happened to people not giving a ****? now its all old people constantly bitching about others, seriously **** off and ride your own ride...
images

Last edited:
some dumbass was riding around my neighborhood on a 250 and didn't even have a hemlet....even if you're just going around the block put on a ****ing helmet.

Pulled in to a gas station, came face to face with a Squid. He had a distinct head (grey Icon helmet), symmetrical figure - 2 bare arms, 2 hairy legs and 2 ugly feet wearing flops (for now), this guy was not a strong rider as when he got on the bike he stalled it and was confused how to turn it on again and most certainly will fly a distance of his bike (hope not) Riding a grey R6. Smarten up.

From Urban Dictionary:

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

A young man on an incredibly over powered motorcycle, wearing nothing but a helmet.

One who buys an R1 as their first bike, and logs onto a non-stunting sportbike forum asking how to wheelie said bike.
Porchito: Hey guys I just bought this R1 (Don't worry I'm not a squid, I'm mature my car has a v-8)... anyways how do I wheelie this thing?

A inexperienced motorcyclist riding a exceptionally powerful bike (usually a sport bike of sorts). This person is sometimes clad in lowtop shoes, with no socks, cargo shorts, wife beater, and a bimbo on the back. These "Squids" are pack creatures, and have to try to prove their "alpha" to the others in the pack by pulling "Wheelies, Stoppies, and Burn Outs". Many times these "Squids" will be found later on laying on the pavement bruised, bloodied, and sometimes dead.
That Squid came off the interstate so fast that he hit the curb, and got tossed into oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a question is anyones mind that gear will save your life, and yes.. there are some idiots out there who ride in flip flops 24/7, and to each its own.. if they hit the pavement its going to hurt them, not you.

But more then that, you don't know the whole situation when you pass them on the street and come back here to rag them on the internet.. how do you know what that rider was up to? I wear gear, ce armour padded jacket, dot helmet, proper gloves, boots.. does that mean I could never been seen in a pair of shorts? no. I gear up if im going for a ride, meeting the guys or even solo if im heading out to some twisty's im geared up. But on a nice day if im heading around the block to the store, or to the gas station where many have commented on seeing "squids". im not always going to dawn full gear for a short in town trip where everything is a 50km/h limit. Could something still happen? sure.. Could i be out walking the dogs and get hit by a bus? Also yes. The point is its my risk to take, and for a short in town errand run, its within my risk tolerance, and I dont appreciate the looks i get from other riders who pass. You can't tell by seeing me in shorts in a 40km/h school zone, that i wear full gear on my weekends rides..

Last edited:
I had a whale sighting... 350+ pound middle aged dude without a shirt on a cruiser.

I don't think there is a question is anyones mind that gear will save your life, and yes.. there are some idiots out there who ride in flip flops 24/7, and to each its own.. if they hit the pavement its going to hurt them, not you.

But more then that, you don't know the whole situation when you pass them on the street and come back here to rag them on the internet.. how do you know what that rider was up to? I wear gear, ce armour padded jacket, dot helmet, proper gloves, boots.. does that mean I could never been seen in a pair of shorts? no. I gear up if im going for a ride, meeting the guys or even solo if im heading out to some twisty's im geared up. But on a nice day if im heading around the block to the store, or to the gas station where many have commented on seeing "squids". im not always going to dawn full gear for a short in town trip where everything is a 50km/h limit. Could something still happen? sure.. Could i be out walking the dogs and get hit by a bus? Also yes. The point is its my risk to take, and for a short in town errand run, its within my risk tolerance, and I dont appreciate the looks i get from other riders who pass. You can't tell by seeing me in shorts in a 40km/h school zone, that i wear full gear on my weekends rides..

Sir, although the decision to wear or not to wear gear is ultimately yours; however your logic is flawed.

Please allow me to elaborate, familiarity and or a lower speed limit does not reduce the risk of an accident.

"The NHTSA reports that approximately 52 percent of all accidents occur within a five-mile radius of home and 69 percent of all car accidents occur within a ten-mile radius from home..." (Source: http://tinyurl.com/3of57n9)

Statistically you are more likely to have a collision "running to the corner store" than if you were outside a 10 mile (16KM) radius.

Back
Top Bottom