The Squids were out today.... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Squids were out today....

I think it was Saturday, I was cruising on my 600rr on Eglinton going west couple of light after the 403 exit and all of a sudden a ****** bag on another SS passed my on the right tire lane, not slow either. He was wearing the shift armour vest with a t-shirt, Saw him turn left to go home I was so ******. What if I had to swerve to avoid something, its not normal that a bike would pass you in your lane unless your already riding in a group and you know that there are other bikes. This ****** bag was in a group of bikes too.

Exactly what happened to me past Saturday as well, but was on a 50km street, a gixxer guy with t-shirt and shorts just blew pass me on my left, on the dotted line, which almost hit me. He was riding probably 100+km. What's up with these ppl... he thinks he's cool I guess.

I can understand people's frustration with people who don't wear all the proper gear, but they always contradict themselves... if you're concerned about their lack of gear presumably you don't want to see them get badly hurt, then in the next sentence you say something like "here comes your next organ donor" which shows no concern or compassion. I think riding a bike even in a suit of armour is dangerous enough, and we shouldn't be, even dismissively, joking about other riders dying.

I can understand people's frustration with people who don't wear all the proper gear, but they always contradict themselves... if you're concerned about their lack of gear presumably you don't want to see them get badly hurt, then in the next sentence you say something like "here comes your next organ donor" which shows no concern or compassion.

Such a GREAT post!
Get over the gear thing people. I feel that cringe as well when I see it, even worse when its a passenger. Unless your willing to go further then complain about them, do something about it. Otherwise you just gotta look out for yourself and do what you think is right.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I disagree. If you get dead or injured it impacts everyone, it costs money to scrape you off the asphalt regardless of whether you live. In addition there are the insurance premiums that go up for everyone not just you....

While I agree with the fact that insurance premiums are affected by the number of accidents, when an insurance company decides they are going into a line of business such as motorcycles, it's because they can turn an easy profit. Most bikers don't have AB claims, most end in fatality, and the some that are alive and well, they usually only care to get their bike back, the ones that do suffer a life time of AB and BI claims, well I'll put it to you this way, there are WAY more Car auto PPV claims that cost insurance companies money then motorcycles...

Now continue with your opinion...just thought I'd give you a bit of knowledge =)

Back
Top Bottom