The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 381 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

... and which ones do you think we get in Canada?
A bit of both. The product people in Canada are looking at market positioning and pricing, not feature development. They decide which bikes will be sold in Canada, and how much they can contribute to the coffers. They put the bike “on the shelf”.

The Marcom folks do the promo and advertising. Only happy thoughts as their responsibility is getting bikes “off the shelf”.

Marketing managers in Canada have one purpose only - sales support.
Very seldom if ever do they get to decide on products for the marketplace.
Perhaps the last really successful one was Honda importing the CBR125Rs.
That’s a product manager function, and I suspect it was a failure … otherwise it would have continued.

The CBR 125 was to increase the size of the market by attracting armies of new riders that would be loyal repeat clients.

They did sell lots of small bikes, but at the expense of more profitable 250s that were the previous entry level. Honda didn’t make enough new riders to offset lowering the margin on entry level bikes, nor did many CBR125 buyers return to Honda for their next bike.

That’s why it got cancelled, and why the other brands left their 125cc sporty bikes out of the North American market.

Success for riders doesn’t mean success for makers.

the Cb125 was an american deal that didn't translate to Canada.
In the US you could buy the CB125 (it was CHEAP) OR you could buy a CB125 that came with a helmet and matching jacket and a year of insurance (it was also CHEAP).
The liability on the helmet and jacket didn't work out in Canadian courts and Honda couldn't find an insurance carrier that was nation wide here.
So HERE you could only buy the bike (it was Still cheap) and they DID sell a shitton of 'em, which kinda lowered the price of small used bikes in the market.
They were GREAT little bikes and DID introduce new riders to motorcycling.

the Cb125 was an american deal that didn't translate to Canada.
In the US you could buy the CB125 (it was CHEAP) OR you could buy a CB125 that came with a helmet and matching jacket and a year of insurance (it was also CHEAP).
The liability on the helmet and jacket didn't work out in Canadian courts and Honda couldn't find an insurance carrier that was nation wide here.
So HERE you could only buy the bike (it was Still cheap) and they DID sell a shitton of 'em, which kinda lowered the price of small used bikes in the market.
They were GREAT little bikes and DID introduce new riders to motorcycling.
I think it would be great if the 125/175 entry range were all available here. They sell for $2000CAD or less in most of the world...

Yamaha, Honda, KTM and Suzuki have them.

1709488438675.png 1709488676208.png1709488841520.png1709489211591.png

That’s a product manager function, and I suspect it was a failure … otherwise it would have continued.

The CBR 125 was to increase the size of the market by attracting armies of new riders that would be loyal repeat clients.

They did sell lots of small bikes, but at the expense of more profitable 250s that were the previous entry level. Honda didn’t make enough new riders to offset lowering the margin on entry level bikes, nor did many CBR125 buyers return to Honda for their next bike.

That’s why it got cancelled, and why the other brands left their 125cc sporty bikes out of the North American market.

Success for riders doesn’t mean success for makers.
Then explain the decision to bring in the XR150L ? Same target market (new riders) with a bargain basement price.

They sell for $2000CAD or less in most of the world... Yamaha*, Honda*, KTM* and Suzuki* have them.

What does that work out to in Rupees?

2009 F650GS with luggage, $4200. Good deal, no?

98c91ce6f2ecd723365e28a1ef190a3a.jpg

Stolen or missing a zero lol
View attachment 66393
Most likely a scam.

Will reply back asking you send send an email to a family member as they are only posting for them

I had this type of reply recently on a electric golf cart I was looking at.
It said to email his aunt and to specify year and model of vehicle you are interested in.

I didn't even waste my time telling the guy to f off with his scam.

Last edited:
2009 F650GS with luggage, $4200. Good deal, no?

98c91ce6f2ecd723365e28a1ef190a3a.jpg
Facebook's not working for me so I can't see the mileage but I bought a 2011 for $5k with 1,200 km on it a few years ago. That's the one I shipped to Italy and rode across the country.

This fall I bought a 2011 for $4k with 12,000 km on it.

Most likely a scam.

Will reply back asking you send send an email to a family member as they are only posting for them

I had this type of reply recently on a electric golf cart I was looking at.
It said to email his aunt and to specify year and model of vehicle you are interested in.

I didn't even waste my time telling the guy to f off with his scam.
You weren't wrong. 100% scammer.
1000248633.jpg

1992 Yamaha Seca 2. $800 obo. 20K. Looking at pics fork seals, seat rip, chain and says battery

431709468_7250543008369100_247492341537613459_n.jpg

1992 Yamaha Seca 2. $800 obo. 20K. Looking at pics fork seals, seat rip, chain and says battery

431709468_7250543008369100_247492341537613459_n.jpg
Getting parts for these is a PITA. Carb internals, intake manifold rubbers and the like are unique. Don't buy it unless you're looking at a long term project and lots of parts sourcing from strange places.

heh your video got me looking for one a while back

Woah small world! lol I think there isn't a lot of content on that motorcycle.

The guy I bought my second G650GS was asking $5,000... I offered him $4,000 because a) my first one was $5k but had 1.2k km instead of 12k km, and b) he was a few hours out of the city and I was betting that I'm the only person stupid enough to drive 6-7 hours to check out a 10 year old 650cc BMW.

Seller replies to me LINKING TO MY VIDEO (not knowing it was me he was talking to) as justification for his asking price.

I replied "YouTubers in general, are idiots, especially the guy in that video."

A week later he replies "Ok if you still want it come get it."

I showed up like "Hi, I'm the idiot from the YouTube video! I'm here to buy your bike :D!"

Woah small world! lol I think there isn't a lot of content on that motorcycle.

The guy I bought my second G650GS was asking $5,000... I offered him $4,000 because a) my first one was $5k but had 1.2k km instead of 12k km, and b) he was a few hours out of the city and I was betting that I'm the only person stupid enough to drive 6-7 hours to check out a 10 year old 650cc BMW.

Seller replies to me LINKING TO MY VIDEO (not knowing it was me he was talking to) as justification for his asking price.

I replied "YouTubers in general, are idiots, especially the guy in that video."

A week later he replies "Ok if you still want it come get it."

I showed up like "Hi, I'm the idiot from the YouTube video! I'm here to buy your bike :D!"
We need the link now that you mention it!

Back
Top Bottom