The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 356 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Who in this world buys a cbr650 to flip it?
I'd question the wisdom of spending 14K on a CBR650 even if you were planning on keeping it. The asking price is basically MSRP+Freight/PDI+Tax. He wants all his money back. I don't think SO would appreciate you declaring that you bought a 2023 with 100 km for $100 bucks. There will be a lot of tax owing when the next person registers it

Thoughts on that please? I liked it...
90k on the clock though...
I had two. Sold one around 100,000km.

Depends how it was maintained.

Cons:
Stock rear shock is garbage. Forks are real soft. Largest throttle bodies Honda ever put on a bike. Its rough on fuel. 14L tank. Ties itself in knots around 220kph (on a racetrack). Looks are subjective.

Pros:
70ftlbs of torque at 5,000rpm. Pulls like a train. Comfortable. Honda reliability.

I paid $2 grand for my first one in 2010. Had an ohlins shock, and springs/valving on the forks. Low mount hindle pipes. Bodywork was a bit ratty, and had a small dent in the tank.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thoughts on that please? I liked it...
90k on the clock though...
Mileage probably isn't a big problem, I don't have much experience with Superhawks specifically. I can see it has the old style of nearly completely useless low profile turn signals - getting OEM signals for older bikes is becoming more and more difficult. So is getting nice aftermarket exhausts though, and that is definitely a nice thing to have on a sport v-twin. If it is ready to ride, how bad could it be for $2200?

cheap transport? half the price of a 300, hwy capable, maybe worth a look see. would this dinosaur be insurance friendly?

1500$

cheap transport? half the price of a 300, hwy capable, maybe worth a look see. would this dinosaur be insurance friendly?

1500$
Excellent deal. Cheap insurance, dependable. Way more fun than a Ninja 300 orvR3.

I'm out of touch, but seems complete and unmolested. Might be a decent deal if you the price is a bit negotiable even if you have to throw a motor into it

I'm out of touch, but seems complete and unmolested. Might be a decent deal if you the price is a bit negotiable even if you have to throw a motor into it

Another seller that is complete confused about what single owner means. If you bought it from the original owner, by definition it is no longer a single owner bike.

Edit:
It is a nice looking bike and it could just be hydrolocked from stuck floats if his story is true.

Back
Top Bottom