The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 247 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

It's a '90 Katana! I don't hate these bikes but $1000 is about a fair price for it if it was running. Would you take this thing if it was free and delivered to you?

Edit: For that hypothetical question you have to take the whole bike, you can't just take the rotor carriers off and leave the rest on the truck/trailer

It has ownership and gsxr 750-1100 motors fit, even B12 motors.

^ 100 is nothing on those bikes
but I'd like to see history on a few things
clutch, shaft, valves

edit:

looks like '13 was the first year for LC and wet clutch
if that's true on this bike, it's even a better deal

splitting the bike in half to c/o the dry clutch was big $$
Nope it is a 11 still looks like a good price but the clutch will be a pita

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Looks nice, not nearly the "reasonable"/ridiculously cheap prices usually seen on here, but also the description is really what got me.

1985 Yamaha virago 750, Price: $ 1,700

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

'01 FZ1 for $2k, might be a basketcase, might be a good project ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'01 FZ1 for $2k, might be a basketcase, might be a good project ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's one of the all-time great bikes, one way or another. Did a tour on one a few years ago through eastern Oregon (one of the low-key greatest riding areas anywhere), and it was absolutely perfect. Comfortable on the Interstate, composed in the twisties, took luggage well, you name it. If I was looking for a bargain sport-tourer (unlike the full-on tourers that get sold as sport tourers these days), it'd be high up my list...

It's one of the all-time great bikes, one way or another. Did a tour on one a few years ago through eastern Oregon (one of the low-key greatest riding areas anywhere), and it was absolutely perfect. Comfortable on the Interstate, composed in the twisties, took luggage well, you name it. If I was looking for a bargain sport-tourer (unlike the full-on tourers that get sold as sport tourers these days), it'd be high up my list...

I suppose the modern equivalent would be the fj 09/ tracer 900?

#Edit
Interesting that the MT 10 comes standard with cruise control and quick shifter, but the tracer does not

Last edited:

Good question. It had a special sauce that can't be identified on a spec sheet (similar to the first two generations of SV650, I think). To give you an idea, one of the guys I did that tour with owns a bike shop in Vancouver and could have pretty much any bike. He rode his FZ-1 to about 80,000 km, then went and bought another one a couple years ago to do it all again. It's just a package that works.

On paper, the MT-10 is probably closer to the FZ-1's original design intent (de/re-tuned R1 motor in a cheaper frame with cheaper suspension, high bars and minimal fairing), but it's so much more complex.

Good question. It had a special sauce that can't be identified on a spec sheet (similar to the first two generations of SV650, I think). To give you an idea, one of the guys I did that tour with owns a bike shop in Vancouver and could have pretty much any bike. He rode his FZ-1 to about 80,000 km, then went and bought another one a couple years ago to do it all again. It's just a package that works.

On paper, the MT-10 is probably closer to the FZ-1's original design intent (de/re-tuned R1 motor in a cheaper frame with cheaper suspension, high bars and minimal fairing), but it's so much more complex.

yes, precisely why I mentioned the tracer 900, that triple is amazing, its got comfy ergos, and good wind protection as well(something the MT 10 lacks)

yes, precisely why I mentioned the tracer 900, that triple is amazing, its got comfy ergos, and good wind protection as well(something the MT 10 lacks)

Sounds like a closer match, for sure. Was assuming the older and simpler one was lighter, but a quick Google suggests it was actually quite a porker at over 500 lbs wet. It does have 20% more power, though...

#Edit
Interesting that the MT 10 comes standard with cruise control and quick shifter, but the tracer does not

maybe the FJ09/Tracer 900 have improved
but I bought the first year production FJ09

it was the hooligan FZ09 with ST farkles on it
fantastic engine and I loved the looks
but really not a good bike
awful suspension, adequate at best brakes, poor aeros
could not carry much weight on the back

I'd rate it inferior to the FZ1 in just about every category except low end torque

Please view this ad:

2013 Yamaha WR250R ADV ready (reduced),

Price: $ 696,969

Can you still alter peoples adds if they post their link to their add editor?

I got a good laugh from this one.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Fair point, but he and rockerguy don't visit anymore.
What's the sig say?
It doesn't show up on my app.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom