The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 221 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Bought one as a project once. Built in China or India garbage. When I removed the rear axle both wheel bearings fell out on the ground. Horrible quality control. Used as trainer bikes for a bit. Pop goes the tranny a lot. Paid $1000 for a running bike sold for $1700 cert with new tires and brakes. Not an easy sell.

02bbuell 500 8000kms 1850$
It looks as if this one has been heavily modified. It's still junk.
:/ But it's a blast. Even for 1850 who wants one? Even EB advertised them pre-crushed as a joke.

Buell-Blast-crushed-cube1.jpg
It was no joke. EB hated the Blast.

Sigh ...$2800 for a VFR800 ...must ....not.....cave. :unsure: contacted the guy ....since my arm is misbehaving maybe I can swap touring for shorter rides ,...scratch that itch. Contacted the guy.
$_59.JPG
I have a 2000 Honda VFR 800 up for sale, the bike is very smooth, has a lot of power, Has a Yoshimura rs-3 exhaust and the tires are in good condition. Maintanence done on April 2020 which includes :
New stator
New battery
New bernett clutch kit
New mirror with integrated led signals
New engine oil and filter K & N air filter
Brake and clutch fluid changed
Contact for more inquiries ! Price reduced for quick sale

Last edited:
I had a 2000 VFR for a few years, great bike but not exactly a friendly riding position. Wonder what's up with the fuel tank being white in colour?

Based on the scratched up bar end id bet someone managed a 90 degree lean angle and had to swap out a dented tank at some point.

Also everyone seems to forget to swap out the bar ends when they try to sell a dropped bike as mint.

I looked at a “mint condition” R1 once. Top adjusters on forks had small bit of rash. That puppy was wheels up at some point. Are people stupid or lazy ?

Sigh ...$2800 for a VFR800 ...must ....not.....cave. :unsure: contacted the guy ....since my arm is misbehaving maybe I can swap touring for shorter rides ,...scratch that itch. Contacted the guy.

I think I still have the heli bar kit for this. 1 inch or so.

He apparently won't safety ....talked to his son...but there is a newer yellow one.

$_59.JPG

Well maintained Honda with synthetic, K&N filter, fuel injected with Programmer, Two Boyz exhaust, Corbin seat and Michelin Pilot. Small dent in tank and minor scratches as shown. Vehicle package. Great value.
Corbin seat appeals.
Review made me laugh...might go over and sit on this....I think I'd be okay with a ride to Barrie.

He apparently won't safety ....talked to his son...but there is a newer yellow one.

$_59.JPG

Corbin seat appeals.
Review made me laugh...might go over and sit on this....I think I'd be okay with a ride to Barrie.
I am frankly staggered by the apparently common combined appeal of VFR800s and shorty exhausts

A V4 has a unique sound and winds up when it hits 7,000 rpm with a rush when the VTEC kicks in. That's what I miss with the CB500x. The CBF1000 was okay in that regard and a bit lower redline at 10,250
The VFR pulls to 11,750 tho top speed of 240 kph is the same on both bikes. The VFR does not pull well below 3k the CBF1000 pulls easily in any gear.
96 HP on the CBF which is a detuned Fireblade while the VFR800 puts out 110.
Weight is 540 lb on the VFR800 and the same on the CBF at the curb. - Both with C-ABS which I admit I miss - the CB500x just plain jane ABS I've never had to stress.

438 lb curb weight on the CB500x ....yeah well that's one reason I bought it.
but no thrills ...just a competent, easy to handle bike even at 130 on the slab and still gets 3.8 l/100 with slightly soft tires. :unsure: ?

Don't know whether to feel bad for Jeff or be happy for him, but if you are looking to unload your sport bike and get married you might have something to talk about with him.

Trade engagement ring for sport bike,

Cool old 2 smoker for $500 -- if I didn't have too many bikes already this would be snatched in a heartbeat!

1590426499411.png

Cool old 2 smoker for $500 -- if I didn't have too many bikes already this would be snatched in a heartbeat!

You can NEVER have too many Yamaha two strokes
I messaged that ad
I have at least a dozen Yamaha 2Ts now... and no where to put them
Don't have a RD-LC though

The 250s were sold here, but no one bought them as they about the same price as the 350

Don't know whether to feel bad for Jeff or be happy for him, but if you are looking to unload your sport bike and get married you might have something to talk about with him.

Trade engagement ring for sport bike,
I don't buy and sell diamonds, but from my friend that does, typically she buys at around 10% of appraisal value. A $700 bike is probably not what he is hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom