The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 202 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

With gas at 77c/L, it might be worth a day trip up to Pembroke to buy this. Then sell later in the spring/summer for $2,500... Once the newbies have taken their M1-2 courses...

Its not all the worth it.
$ 2500 Bike
$325 HST on bike
$115 Plates/Sticker
$150 Safety
$100 gas to get there and back from Toronto (estimated average)
Total $3190 not including any other costs if the bike needs anything to certify.

That leaves you with $310 profit if you sell it for $3500. (Not taking into account what your time is worth driving there and back (at least 8 hrs) and all the other admin stuff you need to do)

It might be a good idea for someone local to Pembroke.

Its not all the worth it.
$ 2500 Bike
$325 HST on bike
$115 Plates/Sticker
$150 Safety
$100 gas to get there and back from Toronto (estimated average)
Total $3190 not including any other costs if the bike needs anything to certify.

That leaves you with $310 profit if you sell it for $3500. (Not taking into account what your time is worth driving there and back (at least 8 hrs) and all the other admin stuff you need to do)

It might be a good idea for someone local to Pembroke.
Pretty sure he wouldn't register it in his name. Fix and flip. No hst.

Just have the previous owner sign the uvip and leave the rest blank.

Maybe not the right way, but keeps costs down.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2008 CBR125R runs but idles down and dies when warm ?? $800. Been pondering this one but would need to be $500 to me. Only worth $1000 when finished. Assuming it isn’t a major or fatal motor problem.

Oioioi it’s 1500 for the bike. $100 for gas and nothing else.

haha. You are right. Total oversight on my part.

Where is that faceplant emoji??????

1584899064501.png

OK in that case I'm going to pick up the bike.

Anyone looking for a Good Condition 2001 CBR250R? Super Low miles

2008 CBR125R runs but idles down and dies when warm ?? $800. Been pondering this one but would need to be $500 to me. Only worth $1000 when finished. Assuming it isn’t a major or fatal motor problem.
I haven't heard of bad gas causing a running engine to slow down and die when warm. That is an interesting symptom. Brian P probably has a better chance than most at guessing the cause. I vote either valve clearance issues (too tight), a bad bearing (less likely, but could tighten up when warm), or that coolant change went wrong and there is a big bubble and the engine is getting super hot and shutting off.

nice looking bike
70,000 km on a single cylinder?

nice to see it's been ridden
but I'd guess it has a blow-by issue

bad gas wont do that, bad gas she wouldn't start. My guess would be over heating and a thermal switch shutting it down. So coolant change went wrong? what type of coolant pumop do they have? would it clear a bubble if ran with the rad cap off or do your have to purge these things?

It would be a cheap toy

Ive never had a 125 street bike, but 70k would have me looking at others. the cbr250 is much more capable than the125...no brainer to me. but what do I know.
Unless you specifically want a 125 (y) like in a country where there is a license restriction

someone buy this
posted this afternoon (sunday)
will it be gone by dinner time?

People are taking this social distancing really seriously. They are using their free time to clean out the garage and get everything posted on Kijiji.

^ nice bike!

I've been sort keeping my eye out for a 550
examples in good shape are expensive these days though

I spoke with that owner - the bike has 70,000km. Sure, it's a Honda -- but that's a lot of KM for a 125cc bike.

nice looking bike
70,000 km on a single cylinder?

nice to see it's been ridden
but I'd guess it has a blow-by issue

Looks all original, right down to the tires. I'm thinking its a typo, more like 7,000kms.
I've beaten the crap out of one without any issue.
Likely needs a valve adjustment and general tuneup (clean the oil screen !), fair price for what it is.

Looks all original, right down to the tires. I'm thinking its a typo, more like 7,000kms.
I've beaten the crap out of one without any issue.
Likely needs a valve adjustment and general tuneup (clean the oil screen !), fair price for what it is.
Yeah, but by the time you put a set of tires on it, and do some maintenance, its still a $1500 bike, tops; and its slow AF. Even doing the maintenance work on it yourself. At 70,000k the fork oil is long since toast. Seals and bushings should be replaced if you're already in the forks. Shock only has preload adjustment, and for sure needs replacing (probably bounces like a pogo stick.) Linkage bearings, head bearings, (repack or replace) throttle cables lubed up, battery??? Pads, check rotor wear, chain, sprockets... The list will grow.
If it does in-fact have 7,000k on it instead, then it might be a better buy. Better to do as Boyoboy suggested and buy a cbr250.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom