The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 198 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

So it sounds to me like a smaller africa twin?
Or is the AT too road going?

So it sounds to me like a smaller africa twin?
Or is the AT too road going?

The new base 2020 Africa twin is a little closer, though at 530lbs wet weight vs the 450lbs wet of the T7, thats close to 80lbs which in off-road is huge, not to mention 1100cc vs 700cc. The Tenere is also a Rally raid bike, from the fairings to the instrument cluster, even the rack mounts and frame design. the bike also won the iF Design awards for its style and details. It will be at the bike show this weekend, have a look, the details are what set it apart, even the instrument cluster has a mini shock absorber built in so it moves in rough terrain.

1996 Ninja 500 $400 Ok not sure great deal or not. Wish the tank wasn’t dented. Feel like offering $200-$300 and making it a project.

I missed this one, I need a ninja 500 to donate it’s engine to my 250, so if anyone has a lead on a messed up 500 please pm me thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, goes to show what a flop that generation of VFR's were.

I did not like the ergos at all on a test ride. Freight train pull on that engine but felt heavy - 600 lbs.
Smart to go back to the 800 in 2016.

I did not like the ergos at all on a test ride. Freight train pull on that engine but felt heavy - 600 lbs.
Smart to go back to the 800 in 2016.
Couple minor ergo edits and they're awesome.
Friend of mine can run the dragon in about 12 minutes on one. Amazing to watch.

Reactions: J_F

2010 VFR1200. $3500

colour matched luggage looks awful
otherwise I like the looks of the bike

@72,000 it's up there
but if the mtce has been done nothing to worry about

seems like great value for 3.5 K

17 x 2017 XT250 trainer bikes. Some assembly required.
I don't think it is reasonably priced. It is 11x2017 XT250's. The cheapest you could possibly get them is ~$2900 +tax each. You need to buy all 11 and they were ridden hard and put away wet. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell. I'm not sure what they are thinking with the large lot and high starting bid. Eliminate one of those conditions and you have a much better shot at selling them. You can pick them up a new 2019 for $5000. What could you get for these if you resold them? Maybe $4000 tops (probably much less), but you are into each one for $3300 plus time to assemble, unknown repairs, marketing, financing, etc. It's just not a practical buy unless you want to keep them as a fleet and the number of buyers in that market is exceedingly small.

Last edited:
The old auctioneer guys would make it bid on choice,
highest bid takes one or as many as desired at that price,
and then they put the bidding back up until they are all gone.

No people always pay to much at these auctions. The last one was 2013 TU250 GW250 cheapest one was $1300 if they went as low as $800 I would buy 3-4

Back
Top Bottom