The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 195 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I'm thinking of selling my KLX before moving to the west coast (USA). I'd rather not end up in the "Overpriced" thread so figured I'd run it by you here first.

2009 KLX250S
25,000 km
Dynojet jet kit + FMF Q4 exhaust (this bike is lean from the factory, so bigger jets were necessary even without the exhaust) (Edit: comes with OEM exhaust as well)
Moose Expedition rear rack
Heidenau K60 Scout tires, installed 1 and 2 years ago (replaced the front last year since I thought I had a puncture, turns out it was the wheel itself which I replaced)
Just had the major 24K service done last year by Pro6 (including the suspension stuff which cost a small fortune, but the bike is in better condition than when I bought it); if I had known about my future plans I would not have done this, lol
Pro6 mentioned the cylinder compression was a bit low but still in spec
Did some forest riding with it so it has a few scratches; the plastic panels are in mediocre shape but not cracked
Tires have a couple of years left on them (based on age)

I was thinking of asking for $3K considering the major service that was just done. I'd probably have asked $2-2.5K without that. Does that seem reasonable to y'all?

Edit: added note about it coming with OEM exhaust as well

Last edited:
"this bike is lean from the factory"
They all are! That is the whole basis of fuel efficiency and reducing exhaust emissions :|
imho your price seems reasonable,
but if you are selling the bike without a street worthy exhaust, your bike has been converted for racing.

"this bike is lean from the factory"
They all are! That is the whole basis of fuel efficiency and reducing exhaust emissions :|
imho your price seems reasonable,
but if you are selling the bike without a street worthy exhaust, your bike has been converted for racing.

Much appreciated for the opinion. I edited the post to mention that it does include the OEM exhaust as well; I've got it in the box the FMF exhaust came in.

"Runs amazing no mechanical issue . . . shifter pedal bent from a fall"

Huh? Without pics to show how bent the shifter is, I would say that is a mechanical issue.

"Engine has 27 000km "

ESL issue or this bike has had an engine replacement?

the seller has added more pics showing damage. If the engine is a good runner... replcing the shifter is no big deal.
what is an esl issue?

@boyoboy English as a Second Language -- possibly meaning the way it was written didn't come out right.
Rather than say bike has 27000 km, the ad says "engine".
At least that's what I thought was meant by that post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@boyoboy English as a Second Language -- possibly meaning the way it was written didn't come out right.
Rather than say bike has 27000 km, the ad says "engine".
At least that's what I thought was meant by that post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Joe got it.

To me, the ad reads like the posters native language is not english (my guess is french).

This could be a good deal on a race/track bike.

223a01fbcadaf40e2f7ffa92ad1bfc3f.jpg
63b4900d72bad9a3bb399f7cadd70595.jpg
c9002a8c2aa545c2028940a977b5108f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Scam? Good deal if nothing wrong with the bike. Very hard to see in picture if there's any damages. I know that the bike doesn't come in that colour combination from factory.

Please view this ad:

Ninja300 2014,

Price: $ 1,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Scam? Good deal if nothing wrong with the bike. Very hard to see in picture if there's any damages. I know that the bike doesn't come in that colour combination from factory.

Please view this ad:

Ninja300 2014,

Price: $ 1,500

If it starts and isn't stolen, that is a great deal.

How do you molest a bike that much in just 5000 kms?

I'm thinking of selling my KLX before moving to the west coast (USA). I'd rather not end up in the "Overpriced" thread so figured I'd run it by you here first.

2009 KLX250S
25,000 km
Dynojet jet kit + FMF Q4 exhaust (this bike is lean from the factory, so bigger jets were necessary even without the exhaust) (Edit: comes with OEM exhaust as well)
Moose Expedition rear rack
Heidenau K60 Scout tires, installed 1 and 2 years ago (replaced the front last year since I thought I had a puncture, turns out it was the wheel itself which I replaced)
Just had the major 24K service done last year by Pro6 (including the suspension stuff which cost a small fortune, but the bike is in better condition than when I bought it); if I had known about my future plans I would not have done this, lol
Pro6 mentioned the cylinder compression was a bit low but still in spec
Did some forest riding with it so it has a few scratches; the plastic panels are in mediocre shape but not cracked
Tires have a couple of years left on them (based on age)

I was thinking of asking for $3K considering the major service that was just done. I'd probably have asked $2-2.5K without that. Does that seem reasonable to y'all?

Edit: added note about it coming with OEM exhaust as well

at 3K it's a bit high, but I see you have wiggle room
not that many on kijiji this time of year
but some a bit newer with less km for comparable money
but I do like the looks of your bike and that you have mtce history to share
anything over 2,500 you should take it and run

Good price? Always liked z1000. The Lil bro 750 looks nice too.

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki Z750 - Ready to Go!,

Price: $ 2,400

Back
Top Bottom