The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 344 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Just noticed this in the classifieds:

Just stumbled on a "barn find" package deal. 2 bikes, 1 owner, been in heated storage since 1980. Both bikes are unmolested, good paint, no rust, no parts missing, no visible dings or scratches. One is an 1980 RD125, 1200km, tear in the seat cover, otherwise looks new. Both have ON ownerships.

Gotta come up with a price by Friday -- have no idea what the RD might be worth. Anyone play with or know the values in good condition?

2002 Bandit 1200 $2000 loads of upgrades

eb14229f-1170-4ed2-a125-aac64c91e7fd

Just noticed this in the classifieds:

That's mine, . Ad is currently pulled but will be reposted in March.
Was on Kijiji, FB and Autotrader.
Unbelievable number of scammers, lowballers and time wasters so I'm taking a break!

Phil

Attachments

• 1524395_1487547018159663_9060077392555843854_o.jpg
    1524395_1487547018159663_9060077392555843854_o.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 27
Just stumbled on a "barn find" package deal. 2 bikes, 1 owner, been in heated storage since 1980. Both bikes are unmolested, good paint, no rust, no parts missing, no visible dings or scratches. One is an 1980 RD125, 1200km, tear in the seat cover, otherwise looks new. Both have ON ownerships.

Gotta come up with a price by Friday -- have no idea what the RD might be worth. Anyone play with or know the values in good condition?
I'd offer maybe $700 each if they're as good as you say.

A 2018 Suzuki GSX S750Z ABS with 23k KM odo for $7000 is reasonable too.

Good for new rider who don’t want to compromise on Power.
Low Insurance*

Best suited for city rides can also do Long rides. Did YYZ to MTL in one stretch no problem.

Are they worth getting appraised?

2012 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000SX
83k km
$5k

That's going to be a hard resale in a couple years when you want something new after you've put 20k km on it.

I think you put 20k on any bike you're likely to lose $2k+ on it... but if I'm going to lose money on a bike I want to at least have one that selling won't be a PITA when I'm ready to move on.

I wouldn't touch that unless I was going to keep it to 200,000.

Misfiring on one cylinder, but possibly only a minor issue?

Beauty. "not sure what the problem is prob easy fix". If you don't know what the problem is, how are you sure it's easy? If it truly was running well before parking, it is probably gas or a plug but it could be all the way up to blown engine. I don't think the price is great for an 18 yo bike with a big question mark attached.

Last edited:
Beauty. "not sure what the problem is prob easy fix". If you don't know what the problem is, how are you sure it's easy? If it truly was running well before parking, it is probably gas or a plug but it could be all the way up to blown engine. I don't think the price is great for an 18 yo bike with a big question mark attached.

Depending on how accessible the coils and plugs are, bring a compression tester, new plug, and multimeter to do a quick diagnostic.

No reserve....
Seen a couple of two stroke vintage Kawasaki bikes at Tim Hortons at mayfield a few yrs back. They was doing a drive by in the parking lot

One of the riders burped the throttle and the back kicked out of his bike. He Laid it down in the parking lot.

Bike looked like it was freshly restored

Back
Top Bottom