The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 265 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Those Shiver 750's surprisingly go for very little money on Kijiji. Nearly bought one a couple years back that needed a motor for $2k or so.

That might be the reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not sure, maybe its because they're non production

That Aprilia might be the same one from maybe 3-4 months? (likely more) ago someone was selling cheap because it needed a motor. Maybe someone is flipping it for an easy profit after putting a motor in it.

Contacted the seller. Bike needs a motor as I suspected, "valve broke inside rear cylinder". It's at a shop right that has taken things apart, don't know to what degree, and it's currently in that condition.

I offered $1500, which the seller is considering, if anyone wants to beat that. Used ebay motor is going to be about $1000-1500 shipped and who knows what else it needs. I figure the bike is worth $3500-4000 in good condition.

This one

That Aprilia might be the same one from maybe 3-4 months? (likely more) ago someone was selling cheap because it needed a motor. Maybe someone is flipping it for an easy profit after putting a motor in it.

Holy crap, that was only 8 months ago??? I could have sworn it was a year or two.

Ughhhhhhhhhh so tempted must resist
Ditto. I miss my first gen FZ1. I had a chat with the seller this morning - cool guy who is welling to help get it sorted out (within reason). Someone will get a good deal, I'm just too lazy today.

Ditto. I miss my first gen FZ1. I had a chat with the seller this morning - cool guy who is welling to help get it sorted out (within reason). Someone will get a good deal, I'm just too lazy today.

Would compliment my FZ6 nicely.

Is it a US or Canadian bike? Could be tricky to get it registered without existing Canadian ownership.

Smoking deal though...

Is it a US or Canadian bike? Could be tricky to get it registered without existing Canadian ownership.

Smoking deal though...
It's a US bike. Would likely have to pay the $200 RIV fee to register it here as well as possible import fees as it was never imported into Canada. Would be a good part out candidate but I would love to bring it back to life. I probably still have some small parts laying around...

Emailed asking same question. Ohio ownership? Clean title or does it come with an ownership at all.
No. All he has is a photocopy of it. So a bit more work for the buyer...

That's about where I got lazy.

It's a US bike. Would likely have to pay the $200 RIV fee to register it here as well as possible import fees as it was never imported into Canada. Would be a good part out candidate but I would love to bring it back to life. I probably still have some small parts laying around...
If it's already here, you may be screwed unless you smuggle it out. Vehicles that are not properly imported end up in purgatory where they can't be legally registered in canada because they were never imported and they can't return to the US either. Parts or track bike is likely the highest and best use.

If it's already here, you may be screwed unless you smuggle it out. Vehicles that are not properly imported end up in purgatory where they can't be legally registered in canada because they were never imported and they can't return to the US either. Parts or track bike is likely the highest and best use.
Agreed.

The person I spoke with at the MTO today said I would just have to fill out the customs form, get an ontario cert and RIV. I did mention it was already in Canada and had been for several years. She said it didn't matter that it was already here, but I suspect it wouldn't actually go that smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom