The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 266 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

The US likes to make a big deal about exporting it, and it is important if you ever want to bring it down there again. Otherwise, Canada doesn't care (even though the CBSA likes to tell people it's required). You can double check with RIV if you want in case things have changed. I've always exported mine because I'm always going to the US.

Last edited:
That said, CBSA is collects the GST when you import it, so it would be wise to speak to them as well.

Agreed.

The person I spoke with at the MTO today said I would just have to fill out the customs form, get an ontario cert and RIV. I did mention it was already in Canada and had been for several years. She said it didn't matter that it was already here, but I suspect it wouldn't actually go that smoothly.
This seems to be extremely dependant on who you talk to at the MTO. So if you get an answer you don't like, just try talking to someone else. My brother has pulled this off on a bike that came with woeful paperwork

think you might need to pounce on this if you want it 82 GPZ 1100
in heated shop sounds good..

Unfortunately for me, I was too slow. Someone going to see it today and will take it home if they have any sense.

think you might need to pounce on this if you want it 82 GPZ 1100
in heated shop sounds good..

If that thing still has the fuel injection installed it immediately gets collectable status. The FI didn't work, the ECU was WAY TOO slow. They would run... sorta, just not good. Everyone swapped in carbs.

If that thing still has the fuel injection installed it immediately gets collectable status. The FI didn't work, the ECU was WAY TOO slow. They would run... sorta, just not good. Everyone swapped in carbs.
For what reason someone would get a "collectable" (because it still have its OEM fuel injection) bike that do not run well?
Note: This is a serious question and really interested in the answer

For what reason someone would get a "collectable" (because it still have its OEM fuel injection) bike that do not run well?
Note: This is a serious question and really interested in the answer
If everyone modded a bike when they were new, unmodified bikes can have added value as collector models due to rarity.

For example, I own an RC51, and stock, they have a huge plastic rear fender that's part of the undertray. It was a very common mod to take a hacksaw to that fender and install a much smaller license plate bracket. Now, unmodified undertrays are worth a fortune (>$1000) because they're so rare and enough people are trying return their bikes to showroom condition as they become 'classics'.

I assume that's also the case here. Unmodified ones are rare, therefore desirable to collectors. But it's also a 'collector' bike because it's also crappier than a modified one, so nobody will actually ride the thing...

I assume that's also the case here. Unmodified ones are rare, therefore desirable to collectors.
Collectors are very very strange people. I know, I am one for a number of things. :D
And it never makes sense to most people.

Last edited:
Not into cruisers but good lord :love: :love: :love:

I'm with you. Without knowing anything specifically about that bike, looks and power for the money seem solid.
its also got brembos bruh
brand new those are like 20k, this one is barely used and half priced

Back
Top Bottom