The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 259 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Good low km starter bike for someone out there, despite being a big scary 500 they are very docile :giggle:
ad is weird, its 14k not 1400kms, 4k for a cbr500 is also overpriced imo (paid around 3k for mine a few years ago)

OK, I think we need to get rid of "The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycle For Sale Thread".
No matter what bike we put here, you will always get people saying it's over priced.

Maybe we could have "Motorcycles For Under $100" thread. lol

OK, I think we need to get rid of "The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycle For Sale Thread".
No matter what bike we put here, you will always get people saying it's over priced.

no often times actual reasonably priced bikes get put in here, sometimes they priced so well the bike is sold by the time you click the ad

no often times actual reasonably priced bikes get put in here, sometimes they priced so well the bike is sold by the time you click the ad
And then everything else that doesn't get labeled as out-to-lunch over-priced is dinged to hell or a "nice TLC restoration project for the mechanically inclined" hat is typically 20 years old, but that's about it?
Oh, and KLRs.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

feel like we're talking in circles

1611632117548.png

14k km That makes more sense ...$4k not so bad with the extras if that's your cuppa.
The 2016s are the newer design.

If saftied the bikes are pretty much bullet proof. Good for the smaller rider that wants to play at go fast while low insurance and crazy good fuel mileage. I like the colour scheme

1611635320967.png

Mind you $2500 more gets new with warranty.

Still $4k looks good compared to others being offered. (y)

$3k " a few years ago" doesn't make any sense unless it was 2013 which was not as good a model.

Last edited:
There has been more than one bike posted in this thread where I literally couldn't pick up the phone fast enough

(y) The free motorcycle thread.

Sorry ... I don't have any to give away for free at the moment.

If you want $100 and it's sold. 1983 Katana 550 with wrong Kat 600 motor poorly mounted in frame. Does come with nasty looking 4-1 pipe that might fit original 550 motor. Ohya new ish Phantom tires from 1980,s

Eyxm54V.gif

Bl7tx2T.gif

a8kGwnD.gif

g8F3n7Q.gif

To be fair, this thread is almost a combination of two threads. There are some reasonably priced bikes but they are in the mushy middle so opinions differ as to whether they are reasonable and there are some screaming deals that should maybe be in their own thread. Where is the line though? Honestly by the time a screaming deal gets posted here, it is probably for interest only as it is already sold.

EDIT:

See posts above and below regarding the screaming deal. Three minutes after posting the ad was gone which probably means it was sold before the initial link was posted as it takes the seller a few minutes to cancel the ad.

Last edited:
To me, if somebody has a bike on Kijiji for $5500, and there are a number of other ones on there mostly for around $5000, I still would not put that bike as "Stupidly overpriced thread". The guy knows he's going to get offers. How many times have we gone to look at 2 bikes where one guy is asking $500 more, but when you really look closely at them, the higher priced bike is the better deal.
To me "Stupidly overpriced bikes" was the guy with the 2015 ZX14 Limited Ed and was asking $50,000 for it. Remember that one?
Now that was extreme. If a guy is asking almost what a new bike costs, then yes, stupidly overpriced.
If you look at your own bike, what would somebody have to bring you to get rid of it?

dont say big poppa dont post good bikes on here

6300 for a vfr1200 with relatively low kms

Too heavy for a sports bike - 609 lb, too limited for touring ...and DCT :unsure:
I didn't like it when I took it out at Rock the Red.
Goes like stink off the line but hell you are way beyond speed limits.

Good reason Honda brought the VFR800 back.

Gorgeous looking ride tho. 2010 Honda VFR1200F Road Test | Rider Magazine | Rider Magazine

$_59.JPG

Too heavy for a sports bike - 609 lb, too limited for touring ...and DCT :unsure:
I didn't like it when I took it out at Rock the Red.
Goes like stink off the line but hell you are way beyond speed limits.

Good reason Honda brought the VFR800 back.

Gorgeous looking ride tho. 2010 Honda VFR1200F Road Test | Rider Magazine | Rider Magazine

$_59.JPG
Just a question. How is it too limited for touring? With luggage it's just as capable as your cb500x, cb1000f, or the vfr800, as well as a multitude of other bikes.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom