The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 227 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

How bad can it be?
Please view this ad:

Aprilia Shiver 750,

Price: $ 2,500.

Just quit in the rain? Now for sale?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
That's pretty awesome (assuming it does not have broken parts like he hydrolocked it). Keep in mind it is an automatic. Not necessarily a terrible thing, but not what most would be expecting.

Think you are thinking of the SRV 850.

This is a standard motorcycle
All in all, the 2011 Aprilia Shiver 750 is a thoroughly competent, entry-level naked bike that’s long on fun and short on flaws. Even if it isn’t really naked.

Woah, sorry. Dumb marketing idea by ape. They should have come up with a new name for the bike with a conventional transmission.
I don't understand your remark. The 850 Mana is automatic. The Shiver, both generations, has a standard transmission.

"stopped working after riding it in the rain, not sure what the issue is"
"AS IS, I don’t know what the problem is, so don’t ask me."

Just a guess it has water in it somewhere it should't.

How bad can it be?
Please view this ad:

Aprilia Shiver 750,

Price: $ 2,500.

Just quit in the rain? Now for sale?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Contacted the seller. Bike needs a motor as I suspected, "valve broke inside rear cylinder". It's at a shop right that has taken things apart, don't know to what degree, and it's currently in that condition.

I offered $1500, which the seller is considering, if anyone wants to beat that. Used ebay motor is going to be about $1000-1500 shipped and who knows what else it needs. I figure the bike is worth $3500-4000 in good condition.

Posting this here because he's looking for a reasonable deal. The ad is entertaining and disturbing at the same time.

Want To Buy CBR 125/250 See Ad on Pricing your Offer,

Price: $ 1,100

Kijiji is a funny beast.......and not ha ha funny. I sold my wifes MDX on there and about 20% of those contacted me were scammers, the other 60% were tire kickers and you needed to week out the remaining 20% that were serious to buy.

I'm looking for a used FJ-09 and saw one last week

2015 FJ-09 with 15,000kms - Beautiful bike in excellent condition and the guy was very straight up and honest. The issue was the bike had 4 previous owners (plus the dealership that registered it) - I would have been the 5th owner in 5 years. Something did not feel right so I walked away.

Yesterday I took a drive to Virgil and looked at another one at the Kawasaki dealership - Used 2017 Yamaha FJ-09 ABS Adventure | Street, Cruisers & Choppers | St. Catharines | Kijiji

When I arrived they had it running in front of the store and when I sat on it and gave it some gas it stalled. I could not get it started again and the sales guy was fiddling around with it for 15min trying to get it started and I just walked away..........wow!

Kijiji is a funny beast.......and not ha ha funny. I sold my wifes MDX on there and about 20% of those contacted me were scammers, the other 60% were tire kickers and you needed to week out the remaining 20% that were serious to buy.

I'm looking for a used FJ-09 and saw one last week

2015 FJ-09 with 15,000kms - Beautiful bike in excellent condition and the guy was very straight up and honest. The issue was the bike had 4 previous owners (plus the dealership that registered it) - I would have been the 5th owner in 5 years. Something did not feel right so I walked away.

Yesterday I took a drive to Virgil and looked at another one at the Kawasaki dealership - Used 2017 Yamaha FJ-09 ABS Adventure | Street, Cruisers & Choppers | St. Catharines | Kijiji

When I arrived they had it running in front of the store and when I sat on it and gave it some gas it stalled. I could not get it started again and the sales guy was fiddling around with it for 15min trying to get it started and I just walked away..........wow!
Wow. I hate it when people have the vehicle warmed up, that sets of alarm bells immediately. I want it stone cold.

The bike was in neutral and stalled when you gave it gas? On an injected bike, yikes.

Back
Top Bottom