The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Although FDR says 100% fault on turning driver, I say it's 50/50 as you can expect this. You have to be cautious when passing stopped lanes, especially on a motorcycle!

How so? I want my lights on, so I am not aware that I have to turn them that way?
First time that I get into the driver's seat in any car, I go out and check that the bloody things are on, along with the turn signals, brake lights etc., after I flick the switches.
Then again, I should probably check my tire pressure more often, rather than relying on those new fangled valves.

The issue is when people drive away at night and they have light in front of them because of the DRLs, and the dash lights are also lit up nice and bright, they think they've already turned them on.

Here's something that I seem to run into four out of five weekday mornings, lately. Pickup truck. Headlights at the level of a passenger vehicle's rearview mirror. High beams or HIDs, on high.

For the love of God, WHY?

Attachments

• Pickup High Beams.jpg
    Pickup High Beams.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 57
[video=youtube;3Wqxz2hEJLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wqxz2hEJLg&feature=youtu.be&t=5s[/video]

How so? I want my lights on, so I am not aware that I have to turn them that way?
First time that I get into the driver's seat in any car, I go out and check that the bloody things are on, along with the turn signals, brake lights etc., after I flick the switches.
Then again, I should probably check my tire pressure more often, rather than relying on those new fangled valves.
Why do you want your lights on? You can see your dash and surroundings (when in the city) just fine. That awareness.

Here's something that I seem to run into four out of five weekday mornings, lately. Pickup truck. Headlights at the level of a passenger vehicle's rearview mirror. High beams or HIDs, on high.

For the love of God, WHY?

Another possibility is that they actually have their LOW beams on, but their truck bed is heavily loaded so it changes the angle of the headlights. Not an excuse, they should still have airbags or something else that corrects the weight distribution, but just a possible reason.

Another possibility is that they actually have their LOW beams on, but their truck bed is heavily loaded so it changes the angle of the headlights. Not an excuse, they should still have airbags or something else that corrects the weight distribution, but just a possible reason.

With respect to the picture I posted I gestured to the driver to drop his beams and there was a brief flicker, in which the lights were slightly more bearable. These certainly appeared to be his highs.

Except when Quebecers are in Ontario. Geez how many times this week left lane Larry turned out to be gauche a gauche Gilles.

Oh, you mean the people that live in Ontario that register their vehicle in Quebec to get a cheaper insurance rate? Yeah, they're around.

[video=youtube;3Wqxz2hEJLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wqxz2hEJLg&feature=youtu.be&t=5s[/video]

Pretty much what one guy did around me a few months back. Got his plate so I reported him to the OPP. Doubt anything would come of it, but maybe they have a file if it shows up too often (or if he gets tagged for something else). Personally I have a near zero-tolerance for people who use the road like they own it, with no consideration for anyone else around them. If they really must drive like that, then do it up north where they only thing they might hit is a tree.

Also, same thing in that video essentially happened when I picked up my bike 2 years ago. I was in the slow lane waiting at the red, and a car did the above from the left lane, straight through the intersection at a red (and at about the same speeds too). Almost dropped my brand new bike less than 2km from the dealership (Brampton, of course), and had he been in my lane vs the other I probably wouldn't be here typing this right now.

Back
Top Bottom