The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 84 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

I'm in Quebec right now, and drivers actually move out of the left lane when you're behind them!!! What did they do right here!?!?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

That seems unusual. You running Quebec plates? Riding a CBR with lots of stickers? It's illegal to pass on the right there.

That seems unusual. You running Quebec plates? Riding a CBR with lots of stickers? It's illegal to pass on the right there.
In a car with Ontario plates. I passed a couple people on the right here. Mainly trucks who thought they had the chance to pass other trucks

Most people here do the speed limits on highways too which is weird.

Last edited:
In a car with Ontario plates. I passed a couple people on the right here. Mainly trucks who thought they had the chance to pass other trucks

Most people here do the speed limits on highways too which is weird.

Be careful, some like to bait Ontarians into passing on the right in the fishing zones.

What they need to do is make it law that dash lights only turn on when the headlights and taillights are on. That's how people judge the need for lights in an urban environment, from their ability to see the instruments. We don't need another gizmo to do it for us. But manufacturers are leaving the dash lights on full time because it makes the interior sparkle and improves sales. They're knowingly putting people at risk because it helps them make a few more bucks.

+1. Car manufacturers could easily fix this, I have no idea why they insist on dash lights being on without exterior lights. I understand the upside to having dash lights on, but what is the downside to having the exterior lights on?

[video=youtube;UBuAJtKCvGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBuAJtKCvGY[/video]

http://www.640toronto.com/2016/06/23/145817

A motorcycle rider has been charged after an officer spotted a motorcycle travelling at a high rate of speed last Friday in the area of Normandale Road in Markham.
The officer lost sight of the motorcycle and alerted the York Police helicopter and the Air2 chopper located the the suspect travelling at a high rate of speed northbound on McCowan Road north of Major Mackenzie Drive.
Police followed the motorcycle as it drove around Markham, proceeding through a red light at the intersection of Elgin Mills Road and Highway 48.
The rider passed a police vehicle and was followed by the helicopter to a residence in the area of Raymerville Drive and Cairns Drive. The rider parked the bike on the road and ran into a house.
He was charged with numerous offences, his driver’s licence was suspended for seven days and the motorcycle was impounded for seven days.
York Regional Police have released video from Air2 to illustrate the dangers of operating a motorcycle at high speeds. It can be seen below.

The 26-year-old man from Markham is charged with stunt driving, careless driving, operate motor vehicle no insurance, drive motor vehicle improper licence, failing to stop at a red light, use plate not authorized.

I'm in Quebec right now, and drivers actually move out of the left lane when you're behind them!!! What did they do right here!?!?

I find that people start moving out of the left more often when you're farther away from the city and practically everyones moves when you're outside Ontario..,..

Except when Quebecers are in Ontario. Geez how many times this week left lane Larry turned out to be gauche a gauche Gilles.

I find that people start moving out of the left more often when you're farther away from the city and practically everyones moves when you're outside Ontario..,..

Can't even ride slowly without dragging his feet. LoL.

Capture_zpssaagsiyj.jpg

[video=youtube;sKA7ODnrQJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKA7ODnrQJw[/video]
Dash cam car had plenty of time to stop (easy for me to say after watching the video), but I love how the Golf, that was the obstruction that basically caused the collision, just drove away.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

So three cars in a row disregarded that it was a left turn lane, or am I missing something about that intersection?

I don't see the 'left turn only' sign (regulatory)... Maybe the left turn arrow on the road (advisory) is leftover and straight-through is permitted?

What they need to do is make it law that dash lights only turn on when the headlights and taillights are on. That's how people judge the need for lights in an urban environment, from their ability to see the instruments. We don't need another gizmo to do it for us. But manufacturers are leaving the dash lights on full time because it makes the interior sparkle and improves sales. They're knowingly putting people at risk because it helps them make a few more bucks.

+1. Car manufacturers could easily fix this, I have no idea why they insist on dash lights being on without exterior lights. I understand the upside to having dash lights on, but what is the downside to having the exterior lights on?

It takes way to much effort to turn the switch on and off manually? That's what I do.

The other way is to do what my old Subaru did, and automatically switch the low beams on all the time.

Last edited:
It takes way to much effort to turn the switch on and off manually? That's what I do.

The other way is to do what my old Subaru did, and automatically switch the low beams on all the time.
Effort isn't the issue, it's awareness.

Effort isn't the issue, it's awareness.
How so? I want my lights on, so I am not aware that I have to turn them that way?
First time that I get into the driver's seat in any car, I go out and check that the bloody things are on, along with the turn signals, brake lights etc., after I flick the switches.
Then again, I should probably check my tire pressure more often, rather than relying on those new fangled valves.

Back
Top Bottom