The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 189 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Can a Mazda 3 even do 211 kph?

Had a pickup truck back down a highway onramp at me yesterday, and a car parked on the wrong side of the road started to pull out as I was approaching today. What is with everyone wanting to play chicken all of a sudden? I don't drive that often, are people getting stupider?
I would have to say the answer is yes. In one 10 minute trip out and back to Wal-Mart I almost got taken out 3 times; twice by people with no concept of right-of-way and once by someone cutting across the Wal-Mart parking lot at maybe 40 Kmh, through the parking spaces instead of along the laneways, while screened by parked cars.

I would have to say the answer is yes. In one 10 minute trip out and back to Wal-Mart I almost got taken out 3 times; twice by people with no concept of right-of-way and once by someone cutting across the Wal-Mart parking lot at maybe 40 Kmh, through the parking spaces instead of along the laneways, while screened by parked cars.

The worst part of that is the only way you're 100% not at fault if you get hit in a parking lot is if you're car is in Park and you're not in it the at the time.

The worst part of that is the only way you're 100% not at fault if you get hit in a parking lot is if you're car is in Park and you're not in it the at the time.

I don't believe this is true. I think some version of fault determination still applies and parking lots still have designated driving ways and right of way

I don't believe this is true. I think some version of fault determination still applies and parking lots still have designated driving ways and right of way
Good luck getting the cops to come and document that. Odds are it's 50/50 without video. My mom was hit while parked in a parking lot before (she was in the car) and insurance company said 50/50. Thankfully a witness talked to insurance company and the senile old man got 100%.

I remember reading an article about a guy that was hit in a parking lot. He was parked with the engine off waiting for his wife in the driver's seat. He was found partly at fault. Don't remember where or the percentage. It was a few years ago.

Yup.

I almost died. Few seconds earlier he would have rammed the jeep into me going 120+ while I was slowing down
Glad you're ok
...and the new car?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok
...and the new car?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

New car is not good. Dude called insurance so now there is a claim on the new car 😡.

I reported him to the OPP for distracted driving

New car is not good. Dude called insurance so now there is a claim on the new car 😡.

I reported him to the OPP for distracted driving
On the upside you don't need to get jerked around trying to get money to get your car fixed. Diminished value has always been a bone of contention. With no fault, in practice, it would just drive up your yearly rate to account for the increased claim (plus overhead and profit).

At least you weren't on the bike. Any video of him driving distracted?

Good luck getting the cops to come and document that. Odds are it's 50/50 without video. My mom was hit while parked in a parking lot before (she was in the car) and insurance company said 50/50. Thankfully a witness talked to insurance company and the senile old man got 100%.
Which is why I have both forward and rearward facing full-time video cameras. Seriously considering side viewing cameras.

Just go all out and throw one of the google streetview pods on your roof. That way you even catch errant planes that try to take you out.
I did actually find that once I had forward and backward facing cameras, on both car and bike, that the idiots seemed to start coming at me from the sides. a VR camera rig would do the trick ;)

Well he made it through but left many car parts behind.

image.jpg

Police are searching for a driver who maneuvered his vehicle through a pedestrian tunnel at Ajax GO station in the early hours of Monday morning before crashing through two sets of doors and speeding away from the scene.

The suspect is described as South Asian, in his 20s, with a thin build, black hair and a black goatee. He was last seen wearing a a black T-short with “Bad Habbits” written in green lettering, jeans and black shoes.

Well he made it through but left many car parts behind.

image.jpg

Police are searching for a driver who maneuvered his vehicle through a pedestrian tunnel at Ajax GO station in the early hours of Monday morning before crashing through two sets of doors and speeding away from the scene.

The suspect is described as South Asian, in his 20s, with a thin build, black hair and a black goatee. He was last seen wearing a a black T-short with “Bad Habbits” written in green lettering, jeans and black shoes.
I dunno why this is making me so upset, but it is. This guy probably has the same G class license that I do

I dunno why this is making me so upset, but it is. This guy probably has the same G class license that I do
When you make this many bad decisions, I'm all for cutting up the license and starting again at G1 (after a timeout to allow you to mature).

Back
Top Bottom