The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 190 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Had a gray Honda Civic hydroplane (I think) and he ended up in my lane yesterday after 6 pm

Any KW members have dashcam footage!?!?!

Was in Brampton today for an appointment and almost got hit twice from people backing out of spots and not looking

This place is ******, know wonder the accident rate is more here than anyplace else

Another truck stuck in the hairpin. Anyone else think ontario ticketing needs a revamp? $110 for this mess.

Two more of my kids got their G2's today. :p

I'm laughing that you posted in this thread instead of the "I'm proud of my kid" thread. Good luck.
QpJi0mlh.png

There's an I'm proud of my kid thread?

Anyone else notice the new trend that's only been around for a couple years now? (that ive seen anyways)

Rush hour traffic and the person scoots over from right lane into the highway onramp merging lane to get ahead 500 feet then merge back into the right lane....was in traffic on the 400 going north friday night and car after car was doing it. I had my 7.5 wide flat deck trailer behind me and was moving over to block these people doing this so they couldn't skip ahead and got the middle finger of about 5 of them towards my direction. some would even go around my trailer at the end of the merge lane and continue down the shoulder 100 feet so they could go up to the next merge lane and continue their traffic cheating. Everyone thinks they're so much more important than others they shouldn't have to wait in traffic I guess.

Anyone else notice the new trend that's only been around for a couple years now? (that ive seen anyways)

Rush hour traffic and the person scoots over from right lane into the highway onramp merging lane to get ahead 500 feet then merge back into the right lane....was in traffic on the 400 going north friday night and car after car was doing it. I had my 7.5 wide flat deck trailer behind me and was moving over to block these people doing this so they couldn't skip ahead and got the middle finger of about 5 of them towards my direction. some would even go around my trailer at the end of the merge lane and continue down the shoulder 100 feet so they could go up to the next merge lane and continue their traffic cheating. Everyone thinks they're so much more important than others they shouldn't have to wait in traffic I guess.
Nothing new about it. Entitled tools have been doing this sort of thing forever. Want a real show? Take a drive on the 401 West, out past Mavis, and watch how many of these tools go all the way from the left lane to the right lane (Across what, 8 lanes?) so that they can blow past on the merge lanes and the breakdown lane, beyond that. Just watch yourself at Mississauga Rd., or you might get taken out by someone who is exiting the hoghway via the breakdown lane.

I hesitate being the one to say it, but you're (kinda) in the wrong. I don't necessarily blame you, this article explains it better than me:

I hesitate being the one to say it, but you're (kinda) in the wrong. I don't necessarily blame you, this article explains it better than me:

That's a zipper merge not a pull into a merging lane, engage warp speed and then force your way back in. They really should repaint entering merge lanes with solid beside dotted so you cant move right into them.

That's a zipper merge not a pull into a merging lane, engage warp speed and then force your way back in. They really should repaint entering merge lanes with solid beside dotted so you cant move right into them.

You think another painted line is going to stop them?

This is based on a lane ending and all approaching the pinch point in their travelled lane. It's sort of what happens on major highways when a lane ends or is blocked off, most drivers allow the zip merge to work.

It's not the same situation when a driver cheats by taking an exit lane or HOV lane to zip past congestion. We have a pinch point on Hwy 48N just north of the 407. The road has a thru lane and a 300m right turn only lane that doesn't get many cars. Drivers regularly run cheat right turn only lane to jump the congested thru traffic lane - it log jams at the pinch point slowing everything down terribly. In the summer the city erects a 200m line of plastic bollards which stops the queue jumping, zip merging happens 400m back and the traffic flows a lot better.

They remove the bollards for the winter and it again becomes a mess as queue jumpers play.

I can't remeber the last time I saw a cop on the highway. Double that for rush hour.
There's some logic to that, unfortunately. If a car is stuck in stop & go traffic on the highway, with limited ability to leave it, then they aren't available to respond to emergencies.

There's some logic to that, unfortunately. If a car is stuck in stop & go traffic on the highway, with limited ability to leave it, then they aren't available to respond to emergencies.

Definitely. They only venture out onto the highway for crashes.

Back
Top Bottom