The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 173 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Note: Auto does not always do this correctly. I always use the manual on setting and turn it to auto instead of off when I'm done.

Yesterday I drove past someone in my exact model of car, and they didn't have their lights on. No version of my car ever came with automatic lights, and the dash is completely unlit without the headlights on. I can't stop thinking about it

Perhaps he/she built the car around the seat. Some people are just plain weird Lol. Including me..

I totally get that. Bought this for the seat.

zo3lMJEEWDOarOZp5ISSFYZlbvVBgew8r0yyWogJ5KcOXml-WE-4ynIUVC-W8yccG1tdU9oDeByysvlBq89Kn8AnrzSQBCfUvPELVH80wRGsfVETy3OLoWfyyRlhLlHtZESTpe9h1oDW3AXTUhtXzegz48TSkgcyMVEv_1vlbEjgOgESK_knvJgVtFSwdyivEQaL9Y-lejI4Ot_nYpPy66vnNST6L_l2QDV3lgVWguhKXHRnnT9fYSyr5DjglwTi1zIvLuK5UpLD0rq4Zy-xEv7tUurHDxZ_NT_JNxbJFXTcDKTRpfQGYokUV_NPh2Dg4e6lejX25GoadQRLPnRs3Ps1ZMGJYvmSl6_etfjz715ucyCJoo0f-SAZgg41SK0hw0VDVLzLEWVGzhVI7c2K3pvQxSooP8JfdyvfNzh89ErVSc0zIO-6gLB5PWCVAT_GfH_asE8T3jZD-JO5rtR9VAqRGvJJaLRgf19VQUOnIGbsv1HRi7TB9hefvykJNo2nM60yzNMlQi6SNeHzRF6PNqCzkM98N2xy2AGTQNwC5k8SFXMKEd62fhbB5XFSNduaoT_TmttTTYmOEzd1YhKeD37rbztE99cKl3IwZ3c5nrspMq9aim3XIRgDfYajyZksmxHdtkIfBp5rihbs2JcgEHmoZHWzgUq30h6FXJ_b71bpqWTLFqaUn5mW8Bb7=w850-h529-no

He He. That is an interesting bike.

What it went on is more interesting. Absolutely, positively had to have the copper rivet GT All Terra branded Viscount seat for this. Arguably the best surviving example of a bi-metal Xizang in the world.

1NYWk7sQ4ewKOXV86MKltdHrwmz9-bHXtLfRiefzxxLKDb1c2shBHbHiChmvyRuwQy_dyK1gtsi4IIf2XM_uKRwex6bin8ca6PEpb7wxpT0fwKqGGrCRC585GKtzR3zDzD-pych_l1eScoZlYGJqdSqdYGX4g1lNQjUEbGkcUZV0i7ebZhzWDNHL0JHjJkJo2f34l-VXpCvAoQXyX6WqBA4CYyNPIyJkqV_-V_RCkvwiN84_HS0FmU2-xHcBg0eMqpj3fDL2eWBgewoZraGaQxp-udoJtgiXOdWIFH1a88O0HE8yr0suNRIsvsoVwhFyPH8ausW2BpMzLjEvjCoU54814Nk-xOIgpeIF6-xyJWealxGdrPJsp9crOM3c0uPQofK6a_CKa_48mtpKN50TdsEBpVRzAgGwbaNly2gc6WivubcWnadzx3NYGRxmkJXR2riCSD80HuaD9owD13HMYAEoECEUVQ4jAvZvyDxfMT2o2uWfYZVRzoweM43Xqfe0S6Yiy2txjqFetc_DdQpEnybGSf2GE2n73l3CFp6mtjbHtnZ48ip3pXg6_nYuEiI7hnqtpNAkIEhi1Kbc_zwwWwG24wnWm9MImhbBbhojRJ-alIhkOxRYuhvQ8DBUpm7cKnOnJh4NBiM-I2JEzsLnjmdJQAl9uTOxy_QAOkyOpnKguVvF49aXDFHlpvgF=w1250-h937-no

Last edited:
Yesterday I drove past someone in my exact model of car, and they didn't have their lights on. No version of my car ever came with automatic lights, and the dash is completely unlit without the headlights on. I can't stop thinking about it
Had someone attempt to be my wingman last night. Foggy and wet outside. Dark grey vehicle. No headlights. No taillights.

Sat in my blindspot for a couple of seconds until I noticed him, and I then accelerated away from that potential mess.

This bothers the F out of me when i see people driving without headlights on.
I still blame honda (and many others). There is no good excuse for the vehicles having the dash lit up and outside lights off. Yes, drivers should be responsible but they are dumb. Manufacturers could fix 99% of the problem with a few key strokes.

I still blame honda (and many others). There is no good excuse for the vehicles having the dash lit up and outside lights off. Yes, drivers should be responsible but they are dumb. Manufacturers could fix 99% of the problem with a few key strokes.
I blame all these bright led dlr lights. I don't understand how people can not notice the difference in visibility when headlights are on or off. I did notice a lot of American cars have auto on the headlight turn nob, people should just leave it there. I did ask one of my friends why he doesn't drive with headlights on until its pitch black or hes in the boonies, he said "I dont want to burn the light bulb out" HAHAHA

I blame all these bright led dlr lights. I don't understand how people can not notice the difference in visibility when headlights are on or off. I did notice a lot of American cars have auto on the headlight turn nob, people should just leave it there. I did ask one of my friends why he doesn't drive with headlights on until its pitch black or hes in the boonies, he said "I dont want to burn the light bulb out" HAHAHA
Auto doesn't turn on the tail lights and switch to low beams early enough. I just run low beams all the time. I leave it on auto when I stop, in case I ever forget, which I occasionally do.

Auto doesn't turn on the tail lights and switch to low beams early enough. I just run low beams all the time. I leave it on auto when I stop, in case I ever forget, which I occasionally do.
It would seem simple enough for manufacturers to put a timer on the lights. Just leave the switch on and it kills the lights after the vehicle is turned off for a minute. The number of times people want their lights on and vehicle off is exceedingly small. They could either keep it running or add an option in touch-screen hell so people could temporarily disable the timer.

Or simply switch lighting together with the ignition. Key off - lights off. Mine is like that. (Every motorcycle is like that, too!)

Failing that - Lots of vehicles do have the lights on a timer. A number of them call it a "coming-home" function, and you can even adjust the duration of that timer.

There is absolutely zero reason for any vehicle built today, to not have the taillights on when it's dark. And, Transport Canada is fixing this, I believe the new regulation takes effect next year. (Gives auto manufacturers the choice of full-manual lights but the instruments cannot be illuminated unless the taillights are on, or full-automatic lights.)

It would seem simple enough for manufacturers to put a timer on the lights. Just leave the switch on and it kills the lights after the vehicle is turned off for a minute. The number of times people want their lights on and vehicle off is exceedingly small. They could either keep it running or add an option in touch-screen hell so people could temporarily disable the timer.
I think my '93 Subaru had that. The auto put everything in low beam. It turned off shortly after turning off the car.

Or simply switch lighting together with the ignition. Key off - lights off. Mine is like that. (Every motorcycle is like that, too!)

Failing that - Lots of vehicles do have the lights on a timer. A number of them call it a "coming-home" function, and you can even adjust the duration of that timer.

There is absolutely zero reason for any vehicle built today, to not have the taillights on when it's dark. And, Transport Canada is fixing this, I believe the new regulation takes effect next year. (Gives auto manufacturers the choice of full-manual lights but the instruments cannot be illuminated unless the taillights are on, or full-automatic lights.)
My coming home lights are not just a relay. From the factory you get low beam PWM down to 10% power or something like that, you can recode the computer to use DRL or fogs as coming home lights. It's all way more complicated than it needs to be.

I can't understand for the life of me...such a simple concept. Car goes on, lights (low beam) front and back should go on...so many times driving through fog, dusk, snow, or rain and you can't even see a light coloured car until you get right behind them.

I turn on all my lights (except fog lights) the minute I start the car...seems like such a simple concept which could be fixed by the manufacturers with no additional cost.

Do any modern cars kill the batteries by leaving the lights on anymore? When I had a Tacoma, I just left the low beams on all the time, and it'd just turn them off automatically about 15 seconds after locking the door. My Accord and F-150 have auto lights that work every time, so it's a non-issue, although the Ford is much worse at dealing with changing light conditions, and spends dusk switching back and forth between day and night mode, depending on shadows.

Do any modern cars kill the batteries by leaving the lights on anymore? When I had a Tacoma, I just left the low beams on all the time, and it'd just turn them off automatically about 15 seconds after locking the door. My Accord and F-150 have auto lights that work every time, so it's a non-issue, although the Ford is much worse at dealing with changing light conditions, and spends dusk switching back and forth between day and night mode, depending on shadows.
VW cuts radio and interior lights on a 30 minute timer but the last I checked, it will run headlights until the battery hits zero.

Back
Top Bottom