The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 171 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Maybe 8 years ago, around this time of year, I was doing a solo weekday ride along Forks Road. I was coming in from Hwy 10 and headed west. I was perhaps a touch 'spirited' in my ride, as mid-morning on a weekday Forks would be deserted. No mind bending speeds, as straight line speed does very little for me, but I wasn't exactly paying attention to the "suggested" corner speeds.

I came around the hairpin at a sedate pace and then got a bit back on the throttle again, as I really enjoy the following right-hander. So I'm leaned over about as much as I ever am (not much by others' standards) when I get to the apex and see, in the exact middle of the road, a car parked, with the "Leafer" former occupants standing along the side of the road, admiring the colours. There was no stopping; I would have lost traction. So at a lean I had to split between this parked car and the two people. I made it to the store and parked for a while, to let my heartbeat drop a bit from 200/min.
Next time hit the people :/ They are squishy and wouldn't stop there again.

A few years ago I was travelling from Creemore to 124. Doing about the speed limit.
Always being prepared for something around a blind corner.
Lo and behold, there was a big frigging farm tractor. Took up 90% of the road.
Yeah speaking of Farm tractor, equipment. Don't they require some sort of running lights?

I had an experience the other day returning from my day trip, got a bit late getting home and with the short daylight I got caught in the dark around Little Britian. Going along the little hills I caught a glimsp of something in the dark between the dips, yup some giant tracker with a trailer taking up a full lane. The only reason I noticed, it was turning into the lane in front of me and that reflective triangle shimmered, but other then that no lights.

Yeah speaking of Farm tractor, equipment. Don't they require some sort of running lights?

I had an experience the other day returning from my day trip, got a bit late getting home and with the short daylight I got caught in the dark around Little Britian. Going along the little hills I caught a glimsp of something in the dark between the dips, yup some giant tracker with a trailer taking up a full lane. The only reason I noticed, it was turning into the lane in front of me and that reflective triangle shimmered, but other then that no lights.
Lights required. Angry face. Beginning of the summer a biker lost their life piling into a backhoe near port hope. Just because other people are supposed to do things doesnt mean much. We need to assume they are bigger idiots and not overdrive our headlights.

Had a tractor come through the neighbourhood yesterday in a three lane 80 zone, taking up two of the lanes.
He was trailing some folded up implement that would cut you into a thousand pieces if you hit it.
It was broad daylight and he had his lights on. Tractors are out and about now, be careful.

Had a tractor come through the neighbourhood yesterday in a three lane 80 zone, taking up two of the lanes.
He was trailing some folded up implement that would cut you into a thousand pieces if you hit it.
It was broad daylight and he had his lights on. Tractors are out and about now, be careful.
Yeah lots of them out, and cyclists. Whats up with that, tons and tons of cyclist and groups of them.

It took a while, but they caught this knob.

A suspect has been charged by members of the Peterborough County OPP Marine Unit after a dangerous boating incident occurred on Rice Lake on September 26 around 7:00pm.

Investigators were able to obtain video footage of the incident which showed the suspect driving a speed boat at a high rate of speed through a group of 25-30 small fishing vessels.
Police say the suspect circled and drove between the fishing vessels several times almost causing them to capsize.
The speed boat and suspect were identified by anonymous members of the public after local media outlets reported on the incident.
48 year old Randy Crossen of Cobourg, Ontario is charged with Dangerous operation.
The man is scheduled to appear in court November 25.
Watch video of the incident here: https://youtu.be/BPcR7Psn-eo

Well he did catch a criminal charge at least. That should be good for a few years of him off the road and water (I would hope, but given our crapass justice system, probably not).
DUI charge would have been a lock for 1 year of no road & water activity and I'd bet a lot that he had a few brewskies in him. Sober people don't normally do sh*t like that, do they?

Well he did catch a criminal charge at least. That should be good for a few years of him off the road and water (I would hope, but given our crapass justice system, probably not).
If it's a Criminal Code charge of dangerous operation, then it could also be serious jail time.

Wow. I've never had the urge to get drunk and drive a crane across the province. I would say these charges should ruin his career but it sounds like it is not the first time he has been caught.

On Oct. 14, 2020 at about 5:35 p.m. Grenville officers responded to single vehicle collision near Water Street and Edward Street in Prescott. A crane was observed striking a power line, trees and posts surrounding a water fountain and fleeing the area.

The crane operator drove westbound on Highway 401, near Brockville followed by an accompanying vehicle. Both vehicles were stopped by police for investigation.

Matthew Hinton, 62 years old of Collingwood, Ont. was arrested and charged with:

Operation while impaired - Criminal Code 320.14(1)(a)
Under the Highway Traffic Act:

Fail to remain
Drive motor vehicle , no plate
Drive motor vehicle, not equipped with an ignition interlock device
Fail to keep log book
Drive commercial motor vehicle - no valid CVOR certificate
Driver commercial motor vehicle - improper licence
Furthermore, the company was charged with:

Permit person with improper licence to driver commercial motor vehicle
Permit operation of vehicle with air brakes- no endorsement on licence
Permit person to drive commercial motor vehicle not in accordance with the regulations
Operate commercial motor vehicle - no valid CVOR certificate
The driver of the accompanying vehicle, a 48-year-old from Collingwood, Ont. was charged under the Highway Traffic Act with:

• Class G1 licence holder - drive on prohibited highway
• Class G1 licence holder - unaccompanied by qualified driver
• Novice driver - B.A.C above zero

Wow. I've never had the urge to get drunk and drive a crane across the province. I would say these charges should ruin his career but it sounds like it is not the first time he has been caught.

On Oct. 14, 2020 at about 5:35 p.m. Grenville officers responded to single vehicle collision near Water Street and Edward Street in Prescott. A crane was observed striking a power line, trees and posts surrounding a water fountain and fleeing the area.

The crane operator drove westbound on Highway 401, near Brockville followed by an accompanying vehicle. Both vehicles were stopped by police for investigation.

Matthew Hinton, 62 years old of Collingwood, Ont. was arrested and charged with:

Operation while impaired - Criminal Code 320.14(1)(a)
Under the Highway Traffic Act:

Fail to remain
Drive motor vehicle , no plate
Drive motor vehicle, not equipped with an ignition interlock device
Fail to keep log book
Drive commercial motor vehicle - no valid CVOR certificate
Driver commercial motor vehicle - improper licence
Furthermore, the company was charged with:

Permit person with improper licence to driver commercial motor vehicle
Permit operation of vehicle with air brakes- no endorsement on licence
Permit person to drive commercial motor vehicle not in accordance with the regulations
Operate commercial motor vehicle - no valid CVOR certificate
The driver of the accompanying vehicle, a 48-year-old from Collingwood, Ont. was charged under the Highway Traffic Act with:

• Class G1 licence holder - drive on prohibited highway
• Class G1 licence holder - unaccompanied by qualified driver
• Novice driver - B.A.C above zero
The "Drive motor vehicle, not equipped with an ignition interlock device" means that he had already been convicted of Impaired Operation and was under orders to use an ignition interlock. Things will be very messy for him.

It looks like they are throwing the book at both of them. The company is going to be in trouble, too. Insurance companies won't like seeing that.

Went down to Welland this weekend. Not sure how in the world there's anyone left alive driving in the GTA.
People are cruising along slowly in the left lane, right from the 416 now. There's almost no traffic, but what there is, is backed up for kilometres.
Be careful out there.

I don't know if this is bad driving or really good driving. If I wanted to go rock crawling, an Accord would not be my vehicle of choice. Hwy 35 near Dwight

122582300_3301133640012540_2609232842891628551_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom