The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 174 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

VW cuts radio and interior lights on a 30 minute timer but the last I checked, it will run headlights until the battery hits zero.
That's crazy. My Accord would even monitor the battery voltage and send a warning if it was getting low and accessories were on. I only know this because I left the music on for a few hours when working on a jobsite, and it eventually alerted that I had limited time on the battery and would shut itself off to conserve enough power to start the engine again.

We've got these here too.
bwmSZZB.jpeg

Some people will speed up 30-40 kph in the passing zone. Others keep left throughout.
All they seem to be passing is either time, or wind.

I don't get the whole headlight on settings. My Toyota hybrid, I believe has 3 ON settings, each setting turns on a combinations of lights. Seems stupid to me and obvious for people to use it wrong. Just make it on or off, not in between.

I don't get the whole headlight on settings. My Toyota hybrid, I believe has 3 ON settings, each setting turns on a combinations of lights. Seems stupid to me and obvious for people to use it wrong. Just make it on or off, not in between.
While DRL's meant well, I think an easy step would be just canning them. You already have lights, just use those. That leaves your two choices as off and on (and default position should be on when you start the car, maybe a temporary disable like TCS if you really want them off).

We've got these here too.
bwmSZZB.jpeg

Some people will speed up 30-40 kph in the passing zone. Others keep left throughout.
All they seem to be passing is either time, or wind.
Otherwise known as RV speed testing zones. That prick you've been following for half an hour at about 20 under the limit sees a dashed line and figures it's time for that Winnebago land speed record attempt. Of course, you then have a speed trap at the other end to really make your day...

Otherwise known as RV speed testing zones. That prick you've been following for half an hour at about 20 under the limit sees a dashed line and figures it's time for that Winnebago land speed record attempt. Of course, you then have a speed trap at the other end to really make your day...
Haha, there is one of those right by Moore lake road. Most weekends there is a cop at the north end. Other places are hit or miss but that place has a cop most of the time I pass.

My 2012 subaru forester you can leave the light always on because as soon as you pull out keys headlights turn off and as soon as you set key to on they come on. so I don't know why others can do that.

I've owned a crv, they handle fairly well for a suv...I would think you need to do something really agressive (or stupid) to roll it.
86 years old on a test drive?

Ill bet his wife lists his RoadKing on Kijiji by Saturday.

86 years old on a test drive?

Ill bet his wife lists his RoadKing on Kijiji by Saturday.
Are they like a Golf? That thing was just a go cart with passenger space. I could throw my weight around to get it to tighten turns.

VW cuts radio and interior lights on a 30 minute timer but the last I checked, it will run headlights until the battery hits zero.

Are you sure about the headlights, which model are you referring to? I don't recall if older models did that but my 2013 would shut off the lights if I forgot them on, I'm on my second 2019 and they both shut off as well.

A really cool feature with VW with auto headlights is that the dash lights are illuminated during the day, but switch off when it gets dark out if you don't have the auto feature enabled. Not being able to see the gauges is supposed to remind you to turn them on.

VW also let's you run the radio without a key, direct power. Only manufacturer that does that AFAIK. Shuts off after 20 mins I think?

Are you sure about the headlights, which model are you referring to? I don't recall if older models did that but my 2013 would shut off the lights if I forgot them on, I'm on my second 2019 and they both shut off as well.

A really cool feature with VW with auto headlights is that the dash lights are illuminated during the day, but switch off when it gets dark out if you don't have the auto feature enabled. Not being able to see the gauges is supposed to remind you to turn them on.

VW also let's you run the radio without a key, direct power. Only manufacturer that does that AFAIK. Shuts off after 20 mins I think?
My mk6 would flatten the battery if you left the lights on. No auto, just on/off switch and a mental lapse while being in a hurry. On the upside, it bump started amazing well. Nobody around so pushed on the drivers door and then jumped in and bumped it.

The mk7 I just leave on auto and it seems to work well so I dont know how the car responds to leaving the lights on.

My mk6 would flatten the battery if you left the lights on. No auto, just on/off switch and a mental lapse while being in a hurry. On the upside, it bump started amazing well. Nobody around so pushed on the drivers door and then jumped in and bumped it.

The mk7 I just leave on auto and it seems to work well so I dont know how the car responds to leaving the lights on.

So it's the models without auto mode, lol thanks for the info I've been working for VW for 7 years I should have known that

The only time I turn on the lights on my MK7 is if I want the fog lights on, otherwise I leave it on auto. Once I shut off ignition and coming home does its thing it shuts it all down even with the switch on.

Car stacking again. This time in bradford. I stole pic from guy who took it.

It gets better. Apparently the Acadia is an unmarked cop car. Another pic shows the cage.

Edit:
Apparently the BMW was in multiple hit and runs before parking on the cars in the driveway. Driver ran off but was arrested. No plates on bmw.

EDIT 2:

Another one to be tossed into the dungeon. I don't know what it will take for the justice system to get serious about habitual offenders.

27-year-old Benjamin Deforest of Bradford, was charged with the following offences:
• Operation while impaired
• Excess blood alcohol concentration
• three counts failure to stop after accident
• Dangerous operation
• Operation while prohibited by order under the Criminal Code
• Having care or control of a motor vehicle with open container of liquor
• Drive motor vehicle no plates
• Drive motor vehicle no permit
• Drive while under suspension
• Fail to apply for permit on becoming owner
• Operate a motor vehicle without insurance

Last edited:

Is Peel region some level of stupidity or something?

Sent from the Moon!
VW + Brampton, really starting to pile up the stupidity in one car. I like that the antenna is holding a bunch of the weight. $10 says the next time it rains he has a leak that ruins his headliner.

Interesting situation this morning. Just out of the subdivision, lots of flashing lights. Icy af. Cop and a towtruck on one side. Towtruck on the other side. Of course they didn't offset so there was barely a car sized gap between them. SUV had driven straight into the right ditch. 2nd SUV rolled in left ditch. I went through the gap slowly. Detour would have been ~8 km to avoid shooting the gap. Am I the ******* for going through or are they for making an unnecessary choke point in *&^ conditions? Cop could easily have closed the road if they wanted but chose not to.

Interesting situation this morning. Just out of the subdivision, lots of flashing lights. Icy af. Cop and a towtruck on one side. Towtruck on the other side. Of course they didn't offset so there was barely a car sized gap between them. SUV had driven straight into the right ditch. 2nd SUV rolled in left ditch. I went through the gap slowly. Detour would have been ~8 km to avoid shooting the gap. Am I the ******* for going through or are they for making an unnecessary choke point in *&^ conditions? Cop could easily have closed the road if they wanted but chose not to.
I would blame the towtruck, just because those guys are just aholes....(and they could have parked more staggered like you said, cop has precedence so let them be).

So much dumb.

A 50-year-old man had parked his truck at a nearby plaza when he was approached by a suspect who complained about his parking, police said.

The suspect then allegedly damaged the man’s vehicle with a sharp object and then began to flee in his own truck.

Police said the suspect then drove into the 50-year-old man who jumped onto the hood of the truck to avoid injury.

Video released by police on Tuesday morning shows the 50-year-old man clinging to the suspect’s vehicle while urging onlookers to call police.

A 73-year-old Toronto resident has been charged as a result of a police investigation.

Sam Green was charged with dangerous driving, assault and mischief under $5,000.

A 50-year-old man had parked his truck at a nearby plaza when he was approached by a suspect who complained about his parking, police said.
Much as I have zero sympathy for how he dealt with the situation, I can sympathize with being infuriated by d**kheads in pickups who can't be arsed to take two minutes to park inside a stall. I drive a truck, and make sure I take the extra time to get it in the centre of the spot, knowing it doesn't take much to either make an adjacent stall too tight, or to hang out into the lane. When you see someone half pull in diagonally, taking three stalls, and then hanging their lazy-arse unremoved hitch into the drive lane, it frosts my proverbials.

Don't get me started on the p***ks who wait for someone in the mall or supermarket by idling in front of the doors for half an hour while everyone else has to navigate around them. The "who, me?" look when I honk and holler suggests a complete lack of self awareness...

/rant off

Back
Top Bottom