The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 151 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

so...

DjTF5jlUYAAQGbD.jpg

What's the speed limit on that stretch? That Jetta was flying, although still no excuse for that lazy left turn.

What's the speed limit on that stretch? That Jetta was flying, although still no excuse for that lazy left turn.

60km/h since it became a construction zone - used to be 80km/h (and still is a couple hundred meters back). Flow of traffic in the construction zone there typically ranges from 80km/h for people cruising and 100km/h in the passing lane.... No love for the construction workers there.

Frequenting the area since taking the bus as a teen, this and the next intersection at High Tech rd is the place where I typically see the aftermath of a collision probably 10% of the time I go by the area. Most of them are similar in nature. You'll always find piles of smashed up car parts at those intersections.

Seemed like the Jetta was trying to make the light based on the pedestrian counter and sped up while the Corolla just sucks at driving.

Last edited:
Westbound (direction the Jetta was driving) has the left lane closed. From the Eastbound left turn lane, it's quite possible that the line of tall orange-striped pylons used to close the lane obscured the westbound Jetta from the Corolla's driver view. IMHO: Factors - Lack of caution on the Corolla's driver behalf, obscured view from the pylons, high speed by the Jetta.

Tesla catches air and hits a tree in Barrie:

[video=youtube;2xFji9-xgMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xFji9-xgMw[/video]

Just remembered to share this incredile one from /r/toronto:

[video=youtube;okF82Gx_NUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okF82Gx_NUw[/video]

While I was away at Shannonville for RACE round 5 someone drove into the parking lot, pulled into my spot, then over the curb and onto the grass, then crashed right into the front of a neighbour's house. All of it in relative slow motion. I watched the security cam footage and it was bizarre.

What is it with idiots wanting to share the lane with me during rush hour? Stop and go traffic, southbound 404, morning rush. Literally less than half a car length in front of me is a car, woman behind me pulls up beside me on the left trying to get by. I'm in the left lane, right track. I honk and she backs off a bit. Short distance later she tries it again and then traffic stops, so I stay put and look back at her. She rear-ends me. Just enough I know there's contact. I hope my tire was dirty, would have left scratches on her bumper. She then panics and jumps into the HOV lane(single occupant) and guns it. No point in chasing.

I had a pickup truck cut me off and brake check me yesterday during rush hour.

Apparently, he didn't like the fact that I didn't pass some slower vehicles, doing 50 in an 80, into oncoming traffic.
I put my 4 ways on because he was coming in hot.
Once the two slow vehicles turned right, and the lane opened into two, I pulled over to let him by.
He decided that just flashing his high beams at me over and over wasn't enough, cut me off, and brake checked me.
Because of that stupidity we both missed the next light.
I rolled down the window, and that's where I found out that I should have been passing into opposing traffic.
If that was the case though, why didn't he just pass all three of us?
The weird part was that once I didn't slow down to let him pass, he couldn't keep up, at least for the next couple of blocks until I turned.

Between that and other things I've seen in the last while, pickup trucks contain the worst drivers now.

In rush hour had a small work van (bigger than a mini) brake check and cut me off a few times this week. He was behind me originally and didn't like that I changed lanes the same time as he did, I guess. Both make a left change at the same time. So he guns it around me back to the original lane and jumps in front to cut me off and brake checks me. Since I saw him pull the switch back I was ready for idiocy. Ok, so I move over a lane again and he cuts me off again, and brake checks again. I was in a mellow mood and just changed lanes to the right again, to the collectors and he gives up and heads to the express.

In rush hour had a small work van (bigger than a mini) brake check and cut me off a few times this week. He was behind me originally and didn't like that I changed lanes the same time as he did, I guess. Both make a left change at the same time. So he guns it around me back to the original lane and jumps in front to cut me off and brake checks me. Since I saw him pull the switch back I was ready for idiocy. Ok, so I move over a lane again and he cuts me off again, and brake checks again. I was in a mellow mood and just changed lanes to the right again, to the collectors and he gives up and heads to the express.

The weird part is that if someone thinks you're doing or going to do something unsafe, they'll do something even less safe to "prevent it" or "teach you a lesson".

Edit: Tonight, backing out of my driveway, I'm backing slowly down, and looking several times. There's a windrow at the bottom, that I need to get over, and the lighting on our street is poor at best i.e. no street lights. Anyways, as I'm about to goose it over the windrow, I catch someone walking a dog in a dark grey jacket and black pants, about to cross behind the car, and stop. They give me a funny look when I do back out, but I don't think they realized how close they came to being dead right.

Last edited:
Yeah, had a few peds over this winter walking in the dark with all black in dim conditions not realizing how almost invisible they are.

For real, some drivers are just bizzare.

On Eglington West i had a guy in a benz get all upset because his lane was ending and i wouldn't let him merge INTO me. He repeatedly tried to just use his mass to get ahead by parking his nose in my lane so i went around his car and just ended up in front again. Eventually we end up stopped and i hear him yell something. I park the bike and walk over and ask what he said. He goes "i said, if you cut me off again i'll get out and beat your ***." I leaned into his window with my chin mounted dash cam rolling and said, say that again? He opens his mouth, looks at the cam then stares straight ahead and starts rolling the window up.

Wish i had saved the video. Anywho, cams make the best deterrents.

I had a pickup truck cut me off and brake check me yesterday during rush hour.

Apparently, he didn't like the fact that I didn't pass some slower vehicles, doing 50 in an 80, into oncoming traffic.
I put my 4 ways on because he was coming in hot.
Once the two slow vehicles turned right, and the lane opened into two, I pulled over to let him by.
He decided that just flashing his high beams at me over and over wasn't enough, cut me off, and brake checked me.
Because of that stupidity we both missed the next light.
I rolled down the window, and that's where I found out that I should have been passing into opposing traffic.
If that was the case though, why didn't he just pass all three of us?
The weird part was that once I didn't slow down to let him pass, he couldn't keep up, at least for the next couple of blocks until I turned.

Between that and other things I've seen in the last while, pickup trucks contain the worst drivers now.

Could not agree more. I call them Bully vehicles with little willies. However, I always go with the, "You can be right and also dead right" Most of the time.

Comes on a forum to tell other people on the forum to get a life.

Someone put a gun to your head to make you read the thread?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom