The $100 Ninja | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The $100 Ninja

?

How would they be permanently stuck there? They're strong but not that strong. Can take them out as needed with a pick.

If I'm understanding this correctly I'd look at replacing the bottom caliper mounting bolt with a stud. Then you could run a nut to hold your bracket. Or maybe do something with a T Bolt clamp......?

Last edited:
If I'm understanding this correctly I'd look at replacing the bottom caliper mounting bolt with a stud. Then you could run a nut to hold your bracket.

Issue is that the mounting bolt's head is like 75% recessed when fully torqued. The bracket's mounting hole area would need to fit neatly within that recess so I can torque that nut to spec. Unless I make a thick bracket that can handle the 25ft/lbs or so without distorting?

000000131925-1.jpg

Last edited:
Double nut, one to be proud of the recess the other to hold the bracket.

Easier said than done;) now you gotta source a metric stud etc etc I've sawed off bolts and am not shy about buying taps and dies for various "low buck" bodge jobs.......good luck

A couple of mounting options

IMG_3579Large.jpg

567977423_413.jpg
#1 looks better and is much more protected against damage. Before I tried that though, I'd be testing the sensor to see how well it works in that orientation. A hybrid approach may be possible with an L bracket holding the sensor in the correct orientation using the pinch bolts as a mounting point.

Or maybe do something with a T Bolt clamp......?

Google T Bolt clamp. Put it on the fork leg using the supplied nut and there should be enough thread poking out to attach a bracket and another nut. If you can imagine it. I put a heat shield on an exhaust pipe that way. I believe the thread was 1/4-28. Just throwing it out there....other ideas shown above have potential as well.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I think I like the stud + double nut solution the best, but the T-bolt clamp might be the easiest to find.

Going shopping now.

PA was out of the right size T-bolt clamp, will need to try again another day.

But remember that $12 tail light? It totally works, and it totally has a standard, replaceable bulb. Just needed to ground the case to make the running light work. Stoked. Gonna get a bracket for it and the license plate.

72RadhC.jpg

Looking good. Yes I remember the $12 light you showed. I debated whether I should muddle the process with my opinion because it had the steel plate on back. Is that the one you got? With the steel plate? I found the other ones with the 2 mounting studs to work better for my application. I don't want to fight about this. Also the warning about glued on lense was real. Don't want to fight about that either. Looking good.

@MattRain I like how you went with round headlight and tail light. Nice tie in.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

inreb - yeah, steel plate. Should mount just fine.

Joe Bass - yeah, I like it. I really had no idea what to do for the tail light, but as soon as I saw that thing at PA I was all like dude. There's even a clear window at the bottom so it's also a license plate light. Two birds with one cheap Chinese stone.

The tail still looks too busy IMO. Might remove the grab bar, although it's a pretty useful thing to have.

Last edited:
The tail still looks too busy IMO. Might remove the grab bar, although it's a pretty useful thing to have.

If she looks good enough to be on the bike, she looks good enough to have her arms around you :) Besides, have you ever tried putting you hands right behind your butt when someone accelerates quickly? It is hard to find a more useless place to hold on.

If you were to keep the handle to use as a mounting point for luggage, I'd use a red strip led between the handle and the tail, have the turn signal beside that and put the licence plate and light down where you have your current (good looking) tail light. That opens up space like a tidy tail while still giving you legal lighting.

If she looks good enough to be on the bike, she looks good enough to have her arms around you :) Besides, have you ever tried putting you hands right behind your butt when someone accelerates quickly? It is hard to find a more useless place to hold on.

Wife will not get within 100ft of the bike. Says our son needs at least one live and able-bodied parent. #whatevs

So I'm giving up on this f*cking tire. The fluid does not want to explode no matter how much I shoot inside. It just sort of puffs and quietly goes out.

Bringing the rim to a shop tomorrow. They're going to hate me.

I went with rim and tire to Canadian tire asked the young guy at the tire machine if he could help me out, told him. Lost air and my compressor was not strong enough to seat the bead, he tossed it on the tire machine applied air and bam tire was full of air and sealed, good to go. And no charge but I did get him a coffee for his trouble..

Back
Top Bottom