TD Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance

Pasofol

Just got off the phone and the online quote was correct so switched to them and canceling my Jevco policy.

Male 28 Etobicoke, 1 minor speeding, 1 year insured, m2 2006
2005 GS500 487cc

Jevco 1100 or so basic coverage with fire/theft

TD (melochemonnex) 798 for full 500 deductible

So shop around and try to find something cheaper.

TD isn't mentioned too often so thought I'll bring it some attention.

Anyone else with them?

Just got off the phone and the online quote was correct so switched to them and canceling my Jevco policy.

Male 28 Etobicoke, 1 minor speeding, 1 year insured, m2 2006
2005 GS500 487cc

Jevco 1100 or so basic coverage with fire/theft

TD (melochemonnex) 798 for full 500 deductible

So shop around and try to find something cheaper.

TD isn't mentioned too often so thought I'll bring it some attention.

Anyone else with them?

TD has been getting really competitive lately with rates for motorcycles. If you're over 30 you'll get a better rate even if it's SS. Quite a few people here have TD insurance. From my understanding they requireyou to purchase an alarm which has to be "professionally installed" inorder to get a discount. You can also get discounts for being part of certain organizations or alumni associations.

I was with them for the last couple of years, but switched this year when I got the DL1000. They were very competitive for the small displacement stuff, but on the V-strom they were way out of line, like $400 out of line. So I switched to Jevco.

With TD. they have been consistely cheaper by 200~300 compared to everybody else.

WE can cancel insurance? and switch? TD is 400 less for me and my term with State Farm just started in March.

TD is mentioned quite a lot actually. They are a great alternative to State Farm for people over 30yo with SS bikes.

I've been with TD since I purchased my bike 3 years ago. They did make me install an alarm however. Not sure why, but when I started I was with TD Primmum but switched to TD Melloche because the rates were even better with Melloche. Also important to see if you qualify for any group affiliations. They have a strong discount available depending on any affiliation you might have (University, etc).

Just switched to TD everything. SF could not simply compete. The only thing I was forced to go elsewhere is 91 import bike (short VIN). TD got scared ... LOL ... you need 17 digit VIN bla bla. If I did, I'd end up paying 150 bucks less. So yes I agree Jevco is more expensive than TD, but if they were the only alternative, I am not going to complain.

Oh another thing. if I left one the one bike with SF I'd pay almost double compared to Jevco. SF without being on preferential "A" rate (which means you have to give them pretty much everything ... auto, house and toys) and have a clean record they are not very competitive. TD would still quote very competitively even if you don't give them auto and house. They don't care.

So, I agree TD is stepping up the game. Good to see.

WE can cancel insurance? and switch? TD is 400 less for me and my term with State Farm just started in March.

Anyone know if I can just cancel insurance and go to TD mid term?

Did you try calling State Farm? I am with riders plus and they said no problem canceling they would refund me the remaining of the year.
So call them and ask :)

You can cancel your policy any time with proper written notice. Some companies may even take verbal notice, however, they may also charge you a short rate fee for cancelling midterm. You may still get a refund depending on how far in you are into your term but the refund would be minus the cancellation fee. Speak to your broker to confirm the details.

My issue with TD is their rates to add theft to my policy.

They were cheaper than SF until theft was added to both, then SF was much cheaper.

<----SS bike

I've been with TD since spring of last year. For whatever reason I get hosed on every bike I quote for with every company, even though I'm 25 with no accident history, but TD/MM were the most stomachable.

Just switched to Primmum yesterday. My wife saved $200 on hers and I saved $400 on mine! (no theft on mine though, I have to get an alarm before they'll cover that). And they let us split the payments over 4 months, no interest!

Called the broker to tell them I'm not renewing and why. Their response? Do you want me to shop it around? WTF? No, I like when you send me the first quote you can find. Isn't a broker supposed to be working for me? :(

Also important to see if you qualify for any group affiliations. They have a strong discount available depending on any affiliation you might have (University, etc).

+1 - look into the group discounts with TD. I have a group discount through work, and I also have my home insurance with TD.

Up until recently, most places (TD included) wouldn't touch my Husqvarna TE450 (enduro bike with no turn signals - just the bare bone lights needed to make it road legal). I checked again this year when my policy was up for renewal, and now they cover it! My rate dropped to $375 for the year for full protection (collision and comp).

N.B. - if you can get in on a group rate, it's with you for as long as you are a client of theirs. My group rate is actually through my previous employer, and when I changed jobs I even notified TD of my job change and feared they would raise my rates because my new employer did not have a group discount worked out with them - but they took my new information, new email address, new job title, etc and said my group discount rate would not change.

Last edited:
For SS TD is still more expensive. I was with them for a few months until I went to reinsure my bike, and then they were quite a bit more (almost 1000) than SF. I was with TD MM, and cancelled my car after 3 months... paid a light penalty but it can be done.

male 35 no tickets full M 2008 gsxr 600
-TD $765
-state farm $1100
the wife is 33 full M with 1 ticket (15 over)2009 aprilia mana 850
-TD $750
-state farm an arm and 1/2 a leg.

both polices where for full coverage plus extra

I've been with Jevco since I started riding 4 years ago. Called around this year, and TD full on my 250 was $477 vs $818 at Jevco, both basic coverage.

On my new 650 Jevco was $1600 full coverage vs TD $969. Needless to say I switched, they offer a multibike discount as well.

Yep, thumbs up for TD/Primmum/MM.
icon14.png

Male, 48, returning to motorcycling after 20 year hiatus. M license, no accidents, tickets, clean record. 2011 Triumph Thruxton. $1,000,000 liability, comprehensive and collision with $1000 deductible, waiver of depreciation. My home is with them and I have a group discount. $658.00/year.

Some other quotes:

Wawanesa, with whom I have two cars insured, multi vehicle discount: $1200
Riders Plus $1050
Jevco $1133
State Farm $1900

I'll definitely have TD quote our cars. It pays to shop around.

Back
Top Bottom