Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 422 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Ok, I am flabbergasted. I don't think you could engineer a worse thought out front suspension if you actually sat down to achieve that goal.

$32,000.00

View attachment 59733
The ad copy is priceless, "yet it handles and rides like a bike needs to"... As long as your needs don't include unexpected potholes, expansion joints and perhaps even cigarette butts as it appears to also be a hard tail. While they seem to believe it's capable of doing everything it "needs" to do, they do caution the prospective buyer not to get their hopes up too far as to it's road-going credentials as it., "is not for the faint of heart, but for an enthusiast that doesn’t need to sit on a lazy boy while winding down a back country road". I've ridden down a lot of back country roads, and that is not a bike I would consider suitable for any of them.

Apparently such an enthusiast also doesn't a chain guard, but then again it wasn't REALLY built to be ridden so why would one need to lube the chain?

The ad copy is priceless, "yet it handles and rides like a bike needs to"... As long as your needs don't include unexpected potholes, expansion joints and perhaps even cigarette butts as it appears to also be a hard tail. While they seem to believe it's capable of doing everything it "needs" to do, they do caution the prospective buyer not to get their hopes up too far as to it's road-going credentials as it., "is not for the faint of heart, but for an enthusiast that doesn’t need to sit on a lazy boy while winding down a back country road". I've ridden down a lot of back country roads, and that is not a bike I would consider suitable for any of them.

Apparently such an enthusiast also doesn't a chain guard, but then again it wasn't REALLY built to be ridden so why would one need to lube the chain?
Chain guard isn't really needed as that bike isn't going anywhere. At least not until it has spark plugs and an electrical system to connect them to.

I've seen a couple of NCR's. Unbelievable.

1977 CB550 - $8500

C'mon, you know you want a very unfinished project of the baby brother of the CB750. It's really shiny!

1977 CB550 - $8500

C'mon, you know you want a very unfinished project of the baby brother of the CB750. It's really shiny!
I've seen worse but I think he's on crack. Plate mounting is obviously no good, straight pipe makes it a miserable ride and ticket magnet (assuming you could ride it with the stupid low handlebars).

I was willing to assume those were repros

Can you believe that price? (shameless self promotion LOL)
200 km in 15 years? Poor bike. Why all the extras (suspension, shocks, tuning, etc) if not going to ride it (or even riding it enough to have an opinion on the stock parts).

Why all the extras (suspension, shocks, tuning, etc) if not going to ride it (or even riding it enough to have an opinion on the stock parts).

It's a "forum" build. Everyone on the forum runs and/or recommends these parts.

The whole thing started with the stock bking aesthetics. The bikes stock look has been known to make horses bolt and strong men cry then it was well I'm already shopping for parts so...
You weren't a fan of mufflers that would be at home on a Class 8 truck?

Can you believe that price? (shameless self promotion LOL)
The bike was originally $14K back in 2008.
Asking price is $1500 under that? ummmmm…..

Sure, lots of extra farkles have been added… it’s not likely you’ll get the money you paid for those back very easily. Might be better to remove some of them and see if you can sell them separately.

The bike was originally $14K back in 2008.
Asking price is $1500 under that? ummmmm…..

Sure, lots of extra farkles have been added… it’s not likely you’ll get the money you paid for those back very easily. Might be better to remove some of them and see if you can sell them separately.
Yea i get it that there is more money in pulling and swapping but i would rather pass it on to to someone that would use it and enjoy it as is.
Life got in the way of me using it the way i should have and hoping the next owner will give it some WOT time like it deserves.

Back
Top Bottom