Stocks | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Stocks are zero sum game. Someone has to lose for someone else to win.

Retail investing is great...but I anticipate consequences to ‘protect the investors from themselves’ in the very near future when the dust settles.

reddit has poked the beast. It’s naive to think there will be no blowback.

Retail investing is great...but I anticipate consequences to ‘protect the investors from themselves’ in the very near future when the dust settles.

The complicating factor is the beast needs the lambs to show up so they can feast. If they build a big fence to keep the lambs out, they need to start eating themselves.

There's a distinction between "trading" and "investing".

Short-term trading, yes, it's a zero-sum game. Absent a press release about earnings surprises or corporate buyouts, etc. the underlying fundamentals of the company do not change from one day to the next. You're only counting on pricing inefficiencies, speculation and market sentiment to make a buck (or lose a buck).

However, investing means holding on to the company over several quarters or years, as the fundamentals of the company slowly improve. Over time, the valuation of the company should reflect higher revenues, lower production costs, increased profit margins, etc.

That is not a zero-sum game, as *all* shareholders benefit from an improved stock price.

But this thread is more about the short-term trading/gambling, than it is about buy-and-hold long-term value investing.

Interesting article on AMC. They issued a block of shares so they could cash in on the madness and guidance “Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment.”.

Anybody know of a previous example of a companies official forward looking statements saying "Don't buy our stock"?

yup well 2 hit as well heading for 20?

I sold about half of what I had at just under $10 and pocketed a nice chunk of change. I’ll buy back if/when it dips back down, but if it does take off and climb to the moon, I’m still holding enough to make me more than happy.

Interesting article on AMC. They issued a block of shares so they could cash in on the madness and guidance “Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment.”.

Anybody know of a previous example of a companies official forward looking statements saying "Don't buy our stock"?

Heard that on the radio. I was confused ... the company literally told people ‘be prepared for the stock to tank’ as the valuation isn’t based on reality.

Heard that on the radio. I was confused ... the company literally told people ‘be prepared for the stock to tank’ as the valuation isn’t based on reality.
I think that was a smart move. They are also passengers on the crazy train and don't want to face SEC investigation or penalties wrt their actions. That statement protected management and since the stock price is disconnected from reality, any statement made should have no effect on the price (which is sort of what happened).

Last edited by a moderator:
Day traders must have made a fortune this year.

Gme meeting tomorrow 🥳

Be careful with CLOV, Kodak, Wendy’s etc., True play is GmE (do your dd)

If GME hits 10k a share I am getting a tattoo

Day traders must have made a fortune this year.

Gme meeting tomorrow 🥳

Be careful with CLOV, Kodak, Wendy’s etc., True play is GmE (do your dd)

If GME hits 10k a share I am getting a tattoo
Is it or the WSB logo? If it hits 10k a share there are going to be a lot of happy people. Not me....I have zero skin in this game.

I pulled out of AMC at $12.

I told my brother about AMC when it was $8. His girl friend bought at $8....he won't tell me how many which means it's $xx,xxx at least.

I am very happy for them....AND SALTY AS **** AT MYSELF lol

Back
Top Bottom