Stocks | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I will probably throw a little cash into HIVE on the next Bitcoin pullback.
2021 is supposed to be another bull market for BTC. Miners reward halved and institutional investment. Touched all time high today.
If anyone is looking for a speculative play next year..
I got burned in the Quadratix fiasco, no more bitcoins for me until there is some form of regulation.

virtual currency is pure speculation
not that there's anything wrong with that
but I prefer value investing in companies that I can research
and look for low valuations that are not inline with potential

AC and CTC, 8 months ago, were obviously way undervalued
it's not always that easy to spot them

AC and CTC, 8 months ago, were obviously way undervalued
it's not always that easy to spot them
I don't know if it was that obvious.

AC could have easily bailed (and still might although it is unlikely). To be undervalued, they had to survive and get back to a reasonable capacity factor.

CTC website fell flat on its face in lockdown round one. Their curbside distribution wasn't much better. CT website was barely functional again last week. They are not likely to collapse, but they are not a shining star of retail if you take away in-store traffic. It looks like the pandemic is an extended bump in the road and won't change retail patterns forever but if it did CT would be hurting badly.

Reactions: J_F
I got burned in the Quadratix fiasco, no more bitcoins for me until there is some form of regulation.
I had a significant amount of money (for me) on QCX, removed it two weeks before the exchange imploded.
I figured something was up when not too long before someone kept making huge buys way above market price.

yup
the CTC website crash was a big factor in the stock losing 50% of value
that's when I bought...they are almost back to their 52 wk high
summer sales were very strong as we got on with our lives (thanks CERB)

AC was def riskier, but I just couldn't see JT letting it fail
not a crown corp any more, but still considered our flag carrier airline
I'm in the black now, but could easily be another year to get back to the 50/share range

CT is more than tires:

PartSource, Petroleum, Gas+, Party City, Mark's, Mark's Work Wearhouse, L'Ãquipeur, Helly Hansen, SportChek, Sports Experts, Atmosphere, Pro Hockey Life, National Sports, Sports Rousseau, and Hockey Experts banners.

2 minutes before the mkt closed, the day amazon reported a couple or 3 weeks ago, I bought some (countable on 1 hand). I'm counting on black friday, cyber monday and xmas shopping to show well on the next earnings release.

Sold BB at 10.00 today sometimes automatic orders bit you in the ass but I paid 6 so all good anyway

Bought 200k in VET at 3.34 still holding waiting on 8.00 and 50K LSPD at 15 sold it at 50 last week
People naming stock tickers need to think through what people find when they search for your ticker. VET, SCR, VERY don't return the stocks unless you explicitly add stock ticker or similar to your search. Searching for FLT, AMZN etc gets you straight to the stock.

doesn't matter whether you're playing with 200K or 2K

if bragging about $ values is what this thread is for

yeah, I'm out
Dollars don't matter, percentages do. After about $5000, the commissions are a rounding error in the transaction. I just look at the security prices people post, the size of their position matters very little to me (unless someone managed to turn a normal person sized investment into a holy crap amount of money, that is interesting but still not important).

doesn't matter whether you're playing with 200K or 2K

if bragging about $ values is what this thread is for

yeah, I'm out
If you just want to look at percentages all good I am just looking for some good pick and this has been helpful picked up Doc.V at .60 a bit ago from this thread

Back
Top Bottom