Staying in shape during corona | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Staying in shape during corona

One Punch Man workout.

Comes from an anime. 99% of the population will fail so if you complete it consistently, you got a good reason to be prideful. Best part is costs $0.

10km run, 100 sit ups, 100 push ups, 100 squats. Everyday.

I modified the original workout and added 50 chin ups and to replace the 100 push ups/squats with 100 burpees. Oh, and do everything in one go without rest. If anyone reading this is actually gonna do this, please ramp up from x% to 100% if you don't know your body. Injury is very likely otherwise.

Luckily for me COVID-19 hit right after I finished a powerlift test and I was planning to train for Spartan Race anyway after.
Note: You'll lose your hair with this workout.
one-punch-man_1545897445533.jpg

Note: You'll lose your hair with this workout.
one-punch-man_1545897445533.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

For those that have never seen the anime, he's not always spacey and regular looking lol

Saitama loses irises whenever he's gonna try. I don't lose mine no matter how hard I try....I need to get stronger!

@油井緋色
this guy did it

For the OP, you could go at the 10k swings in a month challenge if youve got your form down right already. Works on swing and another exercise of your choice (you can try different exercises throughout the weeks)

You'll get tons of grip gains, core, back, upper legs (especially hammies) and the bragging rights that you did 10k swings in a month lol
Then you can move to a more minimal program like simple and sinister that takes up less time and volume...

@油井緋色
this guy did it

The comments on the video with people not believing him getting shredded are actually hilarious. This guy never lost his hair though!

I've also noted many comments regarding the OPM workout being "a joke" among my generation
...by people who clearly don't know fitness or their bodies very well lol

OP just got himself some kettlebells, is learning to use them.. just 'discovered' squatting 2 days ago... and people are suggesting he try these challenges?

OP just got himself some kettlebells, is learning to use them.. just 'discovered' squatting 2 days ago... and people are suggesting he try these challenges?
What doesn't kill you makes your stronger?

A facebook friend suggested the age challenge where you squat/situp/chinup/pushup/etc your age every day. Seems like a very poorly conceived idea. 100 minus your age (or similar) seems like a much better plan.

I learned to swim (distance) last year and i'm aiming for ironman within a few years... it's something big to strive for and i get to fill in the interim years with smaller baby steps.
All these challenges (one punch man, 10k kettlebell swing) are scalable. It's an end goal/end state. For a lot of people, these are things that can keep it interesting on a fitness journey. Some people are all about the journey, others are about the end goals...
Whatever keeps you moving right?! :)

I learned to swim (distance) last year and i'm aiming for ironman within a few years... it's something big to strive for and i get to fill in the interim years with smaller baby steps.
All these challenges (one punch man, 10k kettlebell swing) are scalable. It's an end goal/end state. For a lot of people, these are things that can keep it interesting on a fitness journey. Some people are all about the journey, others are about the end goals...
Whatever keeps you moving right?! :)
If I add much upper body muscle, my swimming goes for *&^&*(^. Speed drops off substantially and it is a struggle instead of fun. Obviously that would be solveable over time (probably need to change my stroke or something to get more lift and less drive) but it's something to keep in mind if you have been working out and not swimming for a while.

If I add much upper body muscle, my swimming goes for *&^&*(^. Speed drops off substantially and it is a struggle instead of fun. Obviously that would be solveable over time (probably need to change my stroke or something to get more lift and less drive) but it's something to keep in mind if you have been working out and not swimming for a while.

Specially as we get older. As an example, my sprinting on the bike (bicycle) was still excellent but my climbing had been following off for a very long time...started to refocus on climbing last summer (ignored sprinting) and at the end of the summer climbing was way better, sprinting dropped by a huge amount...way more than I would have thought possible!

Major change in exercise can have some unforeseen impacts on other performance (good or bad..)..

I went from a 200lb obese piece of **** to a 130lb runner when I was 18 within 6 months.

Last year I finished powerlifting around August and had a Tough Mudder in September w/ the intention to annihilate my personal record. Anyone into fitness knows muscle mass and running do not mix. I did the OPM workout starting at 50% and ramping up to 100% within 4 weeks. I lost 15 lbs of muscle, shattered my old record, and also tore a few ligaments.

Immediately the next week, without recovery, I started powerlifting with the intention of breaking my personal records for squat/deadlift/bench set in August by November. I taped everything that was loose with the help of my physio therapist for 3~ weeks. And decided to see if I could lift using ratios assuming that I did not lose any muscle mass.

I set new PRs in November.

You, like me, don't know your limits until you actually go past them. So if a guy like me can do it, a guy that spent most of high school fat as ****, picked last for every sport, and laughed at during gym....everyone else can do it too =)

I went from a 200lb obese piece of **** to a 130lb runner when I was 18 within 6 months.
Yeah i hear you... Although some people might not be able to workout while injured and might make it worse...

When i would tell people i commute 23km one-way on the bicycle to work from sauga to downtown they usually say "oh im too out of shape, i couldnt do it"
But when i started, i was 210lbs at 5'8" but i just kept pushing through and eventually it got more natural. But as people say "it doesnt get easier, you just get faster" ;)
In the end, it's all about keeping at it and keeping the moving going whatever you're doing!

@GreyGhost yeah i tend to depend a lot on my upper body to get me moving...my swim kick is $hit and also in a triathlon environment you don't want to depend too much on the kick... luckily for me the kettlebell goals i have work mainly on the posterior chain. Which tends to be useful in most sports :)

Last year I finished powerlifting around August and had a Tough Mudder in September w/ the intention to annihilate my personal record. Anyone into fitness knows muscle mass and running do not mix. I did the OPM workout starting at 50% and ramping up to 100% within 4 weeks. I lost 15 lbs of muscle, shattered my old record, and also tore a few ligaments.

Immediately the next week, without recovery, I started powerlifting with the intention of breaking my personal records for squat/deadlift/bench set in August by November. I taped everything that was loose with the help of my physio therapist for 3~ weeks. And decided to see if I could lift using ratios assuming that I did not lose any muscle mass.

You, like me, don't know your limits until you actually go past them. So if a guy like me can do it, a guy that spent most of high school fat as ****, picked last for every sport, and laughed at during gym....everyone else can do it too =)

Goggins bruh

2 pages in?
I think it's just members sharing at this point
OP may get to the extreme stuff eventually

I'm not saying doing those challenges isn't something to work towards.. but OP is a few days into it... He should be thinking about learning proper techniques, movements, good form... the basics.
How long have you been at it?

Bought a used Bowflex on Kijiji last week super cheap and have been using it every day. Works great, plus the gym is closed and I have now have a tonne more time available.

I'm not saying doing those challenges isn't something to work towards.. but OP is a few days into it... He should be thinking about learning proper techniques, movements, good form... the basics.
How long have you been at it?

14 years. As @LePhillou said, it never got easier. Dream big, deal with the minor details when the passion develops. Form, technique, etc. etc. are things you work on continuously. I'm still working on them.

Goggins bruh

Funny enough I read his book last year. I guess you did as well.

Back
Top Bottom