Sport Bike Insurance -- Who are you insured with? How much do you pay? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport Bike Insurance -- Who are you insured with? How much do you pay?

I have great neighbours, the ones in ontario were the worst. I have acres of land and 96,000 acres of crown land behind me. I ride fast and have yet to get pulled over, something that happened in Ont. And the twisty roads are awesome.

INFORMATION REQUESTEDRESPONSE
Annual Premium$1650
Company on Pink Slip (i.e. not the Broker)Aviva
Year2001
MakeYamaha
ModelFZ1
First 8 Characters of your VIN (i.e. NOT including the serial number)JYARN07N
Collision Coverage included?Yes
Comprehensive (i.e. Fire & Theft) Coverage included?Yes
Rider Age47
Years Riding (since M1)19
Any convictions in the last 3 years?No
Any Claims in the last 6 years?No
City, ProvinceMississauga, ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)2nd motorcycle
Anything else you want to note?No

Edit: changed the yearly amount since the earlier amount was pro-rated for the time until my renewal later this year. My overall insurance is also a bit higher because I purchase all the extra coverages for catastrophic/beneficiary stuff.

Last edited:
Annual Premium$1650
Year2001
MakeYamaha
ModelFZ1
First 8 Characters of your VIN (i.e. NOT including the serial number)JYARN07N
Rider Age47
Years Riding (since M1)19
City, ProvinceMississauga, ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)2nd motorcycle

Edit: changed the yearly amount since the earlier amount was pro-rated for the time until my renewal later this year. My overall insurance is also a bit higher because I purchase all the extra coverages for catastrophic/beneficiary stuff.

Have you tried asking Desjardins for a bundle quote with your house and car? Also a liability umbrella policy, so you can lower the individual liability on each vehicle.

Have you tried asking Desjardins for a bundle quote with your house and car? Also a liability umbrella policy, so you can lower the individual liability on each vehicle.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are with CAA for our cars for which my wife got us a really good rate. I think my car insurance dropped $1k/year with CAA for the same coverage. Our house is bundled with our condo so we get a good rate through that.

When my bikes come up for renewal in August, I will shop around again for sure!

I'm curious as to how many young people in your area (G.T.A.) that buy sports bikes above 600cc are actually riding with out insurance. Someone once told me that 5% of the cars driven in GTA area drivers have no insurance. I live down in the most southern part of Ontario, having had continuous insurance on 1000cc sport bikes and am paying over $1000 per year with a "standalone' policy.
There is no way any one under 35 is paying under $3000 per year for a 1000cc, which is totally insane

There is no way any one under 35 is paying under $3000 per year for a 1000cc, which is totally insane
Well there is people paying less then that and there's people willing to pay more then that.

I've see jackets 'casually' covering the rear plate/lack of plate at many, many meetups.

I'm curious as to how many young people in your area (G.T.A.) that buy sports bikes above 600cc are actually riding with out insurance. Someone once told me that 5% of the cars driven in GTA area drivers have no insurance. I live down in the most southern part of Ontario, having had continuous insurance on 1000cc sport bikes and am paying over $1000 per year with a "standalone' policy.

A fair amount for sure.... more than 5% of supersports I would say but just a guess. Large group rides get blocked sometimes and everyone gets checked. They got a couple from when I've seen it. Been there, but I have insurance duh

INFORMATION REQUESTED​
RESPONSE​
Annual Premium
$1860
Company on Pink Slip (i.e. not the Broker)
Desjardins
Year
Make
Yamaha
Model
R6
First 8 Characters of your VIN (i.e. NOT including the serial number)
NA
Collision Coverage included?
Yes
Comprehensive (i.e. Fire & Theft) Coverage included?
Yes
Rider Age
Years Riding (since M1)
Any convictions in the last 3 years?
No
Any Claims in the last 6 years?
No
City, Province
Stouffville
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)
Bundled with another bike but no material discounts
Anything else you want to note?
No

Last edited:
Annual Premium$890
Company on Pink Slip (i.e. not the Broker)Wawanesa
Year2021
MakeDucati
ModelPanigale V2
First 8 Characters of your VIN (i.e. NOT including the serial number)NA
Rider Age30
Years Riding (since M1)11
City, ProvinceBrampton,ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)2 cars and house

Annual Premium$890
Company on Pink Slip (i.e. not the Broker)Wawanesa
Year2021
MakeDucati
ModelPanigale V2
Rider Age30
Years Riding (since M1)11
City, ProvinceBrampton,ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)2 cars and house
Yep WAWANESA has awesome rates for sport bikes and is one of many moto insurance options we can compare and place you with at NFP Moto

Annual Premium$910
Year2015
MakeBMW
ModelS1000R
Rider Age41
Years Riding (since M1)15
City, ProvinceToronto, ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)Auto, Home

Annual Premium$910
Year2015
MakeBMW
ModelS1000R
Rider Age41
Years Riding (since M1)15
City, ProvinceToronto, ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)Auto, Home

Is this your own bike? S1000r?

Just signed up with Wawanesa. Bundled with a commuting car, summer car and house.
Full coverage on everything with $2m liability.
$632 - ‘17 Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 RR
$420 - ‘12 Kawasaki Versys 1000

Riding for 20+ years, no claims, clean record, live about halfway between Waterloo and Stratford.
How? I am also with Wawanesa but they don't insure 1100 CC bikes (I have the same bike as you), I had to insure it with Intact.

Back
Top Bottom