Scarborough shooting | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

hittingfence

Site Supporter
OK, not trying to start a massive arguement here but for debate and opinion!

In light of the events to what the Toronto police chief called "the worst in Toronto's history"

Looking at the big picture, what is the problem here? Handguns still indeed have to be registered, a pending bullet ban I dont think would have made a difference, then the media sensationalize's the crap out of it. Politician's seem to only seek a band aid solution for a problem that doesnt go away

So what is the solution here?

In light of the events to what the Toronto police chief called "the worst in Toronto's history"

Looking at the big picture, what is the problem here? Handguns still indeed have to be registered, a pending bullet ban I dont think would have made a difference, then the media sensationalize's the crap out of it. Politician's seem to only seek a band aid solution for a problem that doesnt go away

There isn't one that will make everyone happy. You can ban handguns in Canada, but they'll still come here illegally.

You can legalize carrying hand guns, but all the anti-gun groups (Minivan Moms etc) will put this country into an uproar.

Banning bullets won't do crap, because along with illegal hand guns comes illegal bullets.

You can stay the course, but then it looks like you're doing nothing. So really? There is no solution. Tougher gun laws, and penalties won't really deter people who just open up on a BBQ.

We could always take the Chris rock approach and make bullets $5,000.00 each :D

But then you'd see all the gangster G's with reloading machines in their garage re-using ammo.

I can't tell you the obvious because i'll get banned.

I can't tell you the obvious because i'll get banned.

There is no cure for stupid punks who think they are badass.

One dude that was interviewed said "the new players in the game are playing it wrong" ie go back to stabbings and beatdowns.

The answer is obvious, hire more police and target these communities with a more community style of policing.

that would be racial profiling...cant be doing that LOL

god i hate this city sometimes...

you think they checked the gun registry to see if....oh wait gangsters dont use registered guns....hahaha

quick, better ban handguns in toronto. this wouldnt have happened :)

fml

But then you'd see all the gangster G's with reloading machines in their garage re-using ammo.

First thing I think of after getting into a running gunfight is policing my casings.

Seriously, how many of the punters here are ever in the situation that they're at a party where there's a chance of gunplay?

That's what I thought.

Late nights is full of led that whistles as it goes by
Murder arrives, anytime
Bullets take flight when the fo'-five ignites
Some hearts skip a beat, some get blew out, and never re-light
But you in the site of youngsters with automatics
Bustin on **** to lay everything down even tourists and non-affiliates
These days, gun play is official with green lights on every block
Though the sign tells you to it's not best to stop
On every corner, Cali ****** are dumpin
You'll be shakin your soul loose from the box at the coroner's
Makin death not so foreign to ya
****** got Rugers and M-14's with enough
Ammo to leave an armored truck swiss cheese
I've learned to stay away from house parties
I've seen too many go and end up absent without leavin
Ain't no, warm welcomings, my eyes have witnessed the bend in on
Nights that don't sleep, and fireworks until dawn

batmanwallpaper.jpg

meh, black ppl problems?

Yeah, people willing to commit murder and don't care about how many innocent civilians they injure or kill will comply with the municipal gun/bullet ban.. This brings us back to our old mayor..

bulls.jpg

What we need is a combination of taking our economy in a different direction, so fewer people are desperate enough not to see opportunities in having lawful employment, proper education (including better access to extra-curricular activities - athletic/academic/artistic) for the kids and meaningful sentences for the gangbangers.

Constantly throwing money at social programs is not going to solve gun violence. It's not the city's job to act as a surrogate father to potential gangsters, which is the root of the problem.

Constantly throwing money at social programs is not going to solve gun violence. It's not the city's job to act as a surrogate father to potential gangsters, which is the root of the problem.

You have to ask yourself why those people decided to become gangbangers in the first place and you can't blame it all on MTV. You also have to ask yourself why he have fewer of those than the Yanks do and the answers are obvious:

1) People have better economic opportunities here so the gangsta life is less attractive to the poor [this is changing for the worse, hence my comment on pushing the economy in a different direction]

2) Kids have better after school programs, so fewer are out there just playin' rap music and smokin' dope [those are also the first on the chopping block whenever budget cuts come and they come often these days]

3) Parents have to work fewer hours to make ends meet so they have more time to do actual parenting [that is also changing for the worse these days as people have to work harder just to maintain their current level]

We're on the way to becoming like the US but we still have plenty of time to prevent that and become more like Sweden or Germany.

Put gangbangers to work for community??

Back
Top Bottom