S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Nope, his GSX-R1000 motor got blown up in round 1 and he didn't get it all up and running again for round 2, so he just used his 600. Think he's about 2-2.5 seconds slower on that thing.

I ran a lot of laps behind Rupert in Round #2. And even 4 in front of him in the Open Sprint Q race on Sat, that was definitely a 1000 in the Open and Superbike race. I kidded with Scott that he should of at least passed on me in the corner instead of on the straight. He told me that was an 08 1000.

Dont know he had his 09 1000 at the track. I am about to publish the secret 1800 number for Zoomius and y'all can get on them too. Dave P likely already has it. Its freakin rediculous that we are still waiting.

1800 LOL Screw that I would just call Chris direct on his cell and get his *** out of bed! :D Actually I forgot to write it down, was using Vanessa's cell to make calls...

Hey ken is the box in Vegas or Cayuga right now? I wanted to get out this coming weekend for back to back track-days and do some system testing but there's no chance the shoulder will be ready by then.

Last edited:
I ran a lot of laps behind Rupert in Round #2. And even 4 in front of him in the Open Sprint Q race on Sat, that was definitely a 1000 in the Open and Superbike race. I kidded with Scott that he should of at least passed on me in the corner instead of on the straight. He told me that was an 08 1000.

I asked Rupert about the 1000 he said, he's got a used ebay motor coming in from the states, but he hadn't got it all up and working yet. Maybe he's got 2+ 1000's! The guy was running 1:17's in an endurance race, that's nuts! :D

1800 LOL Screw that I would just call Chris direct on his cell and get his *** out of bed! :D Actually I forgot to write it down, was using Vanessa's cell to make calls...

Hey ken is the box in Vegas or Cayuga right now? I wanted to get out this coming weekend for back to back track-days and do some system testing but there's no chance the shoulder will be ready by then.

Box is sitting on Vanessa's desk right now. Just uploaded the data (such as it was) tonight. Tracy is pouring over the results and times as we speak. Should have quasi accurate results and points for tommorrow with updates on lap records if there are any.
We are working on a media ride day Sturday so if we can find any reporters with the stones to ride with Scott we will be there.

Box is sitting on Vanessa's desk right now. Just uploaded the data (such as it was) tonight. Tracy is pouring over the results and times as we speak. Should have quasi accurate results and points for tommorrow with updates on lap records if there are any.
We are working on a media ride day Sturday so if we can find any reporters with the stones to ride with Scott we will be there.

Zoomius test day? :rolleyes: Actually that box needs more than a test, it needs the correct drivers to get the wireless adapter working as the product was engineered. Is the plan to send it back? If so it would be nice to get the damn thing back before round 3's Thursday night at the FedEx depot, i'm sure Tracy has no interest in doing that one again! :D If you guys have Chris coming back down here let me know, i'll try and plan to spend a day with him for some advanced training.

If Tracy has time i'd like to know what kind of times I was running in the superbike qualifying before crashing, likely my best ever! :rolleyes:

Zoomius test day? :rolleyes: Actually that box needs more than a test, it needs the correct drivers to get the wireless adapter working as the product was engineered. Is the plan to send it back? If so it would be nice to get the damn thing back before round 3's Thursday night at the FedEx depot, i'm sure Tracy has no interest in doing that one again! :D If you guys have Chris coming back down here let me know, i'll try and plan to spend a day with him for some advanced training.

If Tracy has time i'd like to know what kind of times I was running in the superbike qualifying before crashing, likely my best ever! :rolleyes:

Word is Chris is coming for July. Not sure if the box is going back or not. TMP wants to use it for their trackdays. Is it possible for him to do what he needs top do online?

Word is Chris is coming for July. Not sure if the box is going back or not. TMP wants to use it for their trackdays. Is it possible for him to do what he needs top do online?

Sure he doesn't physically need to be next to the box, he can just remote into it from Vegas, the only exception would be if he needs to reload the OS (ubuntu) from scratch then he would have to get the box in his hands. (For the other nerds out there I doubt they have a fully automated Linux installer)

I think allot of the problems have to do with insufficient user training and the complete lack of documentation on there part.

I think allot of the problems have to do with insufficient user training and the complete lack of documentation on there part.

I'M Tellin Tracy ........... Back of the grid for you :p

BTW Send me your July entry when you get a chance

I asked Rupert about the 1000 he said, he's got a used ebay motor coming in from the states, but he hadn't got it all up and working yet. Maybe he's got 2+ 1000's! The guy was running 1:17's in an endurance race, that's nuts! :D

He was flyin for the first 10-15 laps or so! Someone gave him a signal or he figured out on his own to dial it back a bit. Colin and Broady were running consistent 1:19-1:20's and ended up 45 seconds back after 3 hours.

He was flyin for the first 10-15 laps or so! Someone gave him a signal or he figured out on his own to dial it back a bit. Colin and Broady were running consistent 1:19-1:20's and ended up 45 seconds back after 3 hours.

Actually they were a lap down. Rupert and Gibson did 122 laps and they did 121. Still impressive though.

Caboose and I did the manual scoring and i know GoLo Racing( Colin and Broady) did 124 laps, Tracey( i think it was her) has the sheet with the times on it counting down from 180 minutes and the times are consistant with the laps run, you can't lose 3 laps if the laps times are correct.Perhaps when the timing issue is sorted all the laps can be viewed online?. Rupert and Gibson still won though, i'm just giving input for you to verify that the timing system is working 100% seeing as this is a major investment on your part and the racers need to know it works as intended.

Edit, just remembered, the sheet you gave us didn't have enough "lines" on it so the last laps were written at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Caboose and I did the manual scoring and i know GoLo Racing( Colin and Broady) did 124 laps, Tracey( i think it was her) has the sheet with the times on it counting down from 180 minutes and the times are consistant with the laps run, you can't lose 3 laps if the laps times are correct.Perhaps when the timing issue is sorted all the laps can be viewed online?. Rupert and Gibson still won though, i'm just giving input for you to verify that the timing system is working 100% seeing as this is a major investment on your part and the racers need to know it works as intended.

Edit, just remembered, the sheet you gave us didn't have enough "lines" on it so the last laps were written at the bottom of the page.

how many rider changes did they do? That will be the difference.

Every pitstop drops a lap as it doesnt register in pit lane. The official timing system was 100% for the endurance race (the only freakin one that it did). Everyone was scored the same. So every rider change loses a lap. We will ask Zoomius how to fix this. I think we may have to move a pick up on the side of the timing building to catch the bike as it leaves pit lane.
Not ideal but seeing as its fair accross the board it doesnt effect the outcome.

2 pit stops. Broady started, change to Colin@ 52 laps, then back to Broady to finish, so still missing a lap? not making a deal with this at all, just trying to help you iron out the hiccups with the timing equipment.

I am publishing the secret 1800 number for Zoomius and y'all can get on them too. Its freakin rediculous that we are still waiting.

Zoomius.jpg

Thanks for the number and email :p;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the number and email :p;):rolleyes:

Funny but thats not the "magic number" :p All laughs aside they did drop the ball and make a mess of our last event but, in the end when we iron out the growing pains it is still a superior system with great benefits for the racers.
We Will Overcome.

Funny but thats not the "magic number" :p All laughs aside they did drop the ball and make a mess of our last event but, in the end when we iron out the growing pains it is still a superior system with great benefits for the racers.
We Will Overcome.

True of any new system... let alone one setup at the side of a track.

Don't worry, it will come.

True of any new system... let alone one setup at the side of a track.

Don't worry, it will come.

We appreciate your support. I did notice that you waited until after we had it corrected and were showing you in first place in the middleweight BOTT though :D

Just kidding...I know you have supported the SOAR initiative from the get go. See you in July!

Back
Top Bottom