Rosey Toes - Still scratching up rims... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes - Still scratching up rims...

UltrA_09

Site Supporter
I just wanted to warn other riders (who care about their rims) that it's highly likely your rims will get scratched after a tire change at Rosey toes. In the past I have read older posts warning riders about having their rims scratched, though I figured that by now Ted had made changes to his operations in changing tires; unfortunately, I was wrong.

I want to also be clear that this isn't meant to insult Ted (the owner/operator) as he seemed very nice and easy to talk to; this is merely a 'notice' for others. If you are not too concerned about getting your rims scratched, then I would say Ted would be a great option as he did both wheels (already off the motorcycle) for $30 cash - the cheapest price I found anywhere in the GTA.

If I had known that my rims would be scratched, I would have taken my rims/tires elsewhere for a little more $...

That's the way it has always been.... it is cheap, but they might get scratched up. If it is any consolation, when my friends and I do our tire changes we usually end up scratching our rims too, but then again they are track bikes and don't look pretty anyways. :D

what do you expect for the price he charges...red carpet service? have you taken a look at the bikes that sit outside his shop, or the bikes inside his shop?

Dave from Competition Cycle just changed my tires.
I brought my bike in and he charged me 36$/wheel.
Best price on tires, install and no scratches on the rims.
Highly recommended, excellent guy to deal with!

was it ted that scratch your rims or was it the harley tech?

It was Ted. This was my first time at Rosey Toes and I have yet to meet the harley tech

what do you expect for the price he charges...red carpet service? have you taken a look at the bikes that sit outside his shop, or the bikes inside his shop?

I expected my tires to be changed, and my rims to be in the same condition as they were before the service.

I did take a look at the bikes outside his shop, but I wouldn't expect anyone to assume their parts would be damaged based on the condition of those bikes.

In the past I have taken my rims to Dan at Heritage Auto, and he managed to change my tires and leave them in perfect condition (absolutely remarkable service, I might add) for $40 ($20/rim, off the bike), not much more than Rosey Toes. The only reason I didn't go to Dan this time was because he was closed that particular day, so I thought I'd give Ted a try.

For $10 he could put plastic guards on the tire bar and never scratch another rim. That's pathetic.

That's just how ted is. Half the reason I go to Rosey Toes is for the funny **** Ted does.

He scratched my rim once but I don't really care. I ride my bike, as long as the wheels still turn the right direction I am happy.

Bahahaha! You tell them!

The dirt will cover the scratches nicely.

honest and gets the job done right, dirty as **** though

He was honest and got the job done, though I wouldn't consider it done right; at least, not changing tires. Everything else the shop does I can't judge.

Bahahaha! You tell them!

The dirt will cover the scratches nicely.

I hope so! ;)

The worst part about this situation is that the rims belong to my new motorcycle, so the scratches sting even more (knowing the first scratches to the bike were done by a mechanic/tech, and were easily avoidable).

OMG. He scratched my rims???????

OMG.

You try to change as many tires as Ted does and not scratch a single rim.

And who cares of you have a scratch on your rim.

Are you going to see that scratch after an hour of riding because of the dirt?????

He scratched up the rims on your 250?

Plenty of shops will do it for 5-10 bucks more. Stop being cheap and you won't have anything to complain it about. :p

I've been using Ted to change my tires for over 15 years, never a scratch. Did you piss him off or something?

I went to Ted's once. I was not impressed.

Ted is set up for keeping bikes on the road. If your bike is your precious baby you might be happier DIY or going elsewhere. I'm not trying to be sarcastic but it's almost impossible to serve both types.

Go to Competiton cycle and see Dave, awesome services, no scratches and cheap on on great tires!! He's off Wentworth in Withby!

I don't know how ppl don't care about scratches and such. Maybe it's because your bike isn't in great condition in the first place. Who knows. But if your bike is in great condition, of course you are going to be ******. I would think all this should go without saying... Clearly not. I ride hard as well. I track my bike. I put on tons of km's every season and I use my full tire. But I wash my bike and keep it in the best condition possible, and if Ted scratched MY pearlescent rims, I'd lose it on him. But you get what you pay for is the moral of this story I would say. Don't seek out the cheapest possible solution and put your money into the most reputable shop you can trust the most.

Mikeymoto will do tire changes for the same price $15 for each rim when you bring them in off of your bike. He's been changing them on all my bikes for the past 3 years saving me big money!! And he doesnt scratch rims at all!! He's become a pretty good friend of mine now since then. Its great to have a good honest guy working on both my own bike and my sons track bike.

He advertises a lot on kijiji

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...RCYCLE-TIRE-CHANGE-SPECIAL-W0QQAdIdZ319372400

Back
Top Bottom