Riders choice oil change gone wrong. | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders choice oil change gone wrong.

Some people still go to riders choice? I'd rather drive past them to go to a shop further away than stop at Riders Choice, just to avoid the incredibly rude encounters with their sales staff.

I will only support shops that respect customers. Riders Choice isn't one of them.

I was with you until you posted a picture of the headers. How on earth would you be able to pull that off driving onto a ramp?

Live in a condominium.. if I lived in a house I would.

You can do a bike oil change in place literally anywhere the bike is parked, you don't need a house or garage or fancy driveway. That's not to downplay what happened to you though, that really sucks :(

You can do a bike oil change in place literally anywhere the bike is parked, you don't need a house or garage or fancy driveway. That's not to downplay what happened to you though, that really sucks :(

condos expressly prohibit the performing of maintenance of vehicles in the underground parking to prevent people from doing oil changes. if you try to do it on the street in front of a condo, i'd say it's probably too much of a headache to even attempt.

I live in condo, and I just did oil change, coolant flush and spark plug change, i dont see why you cant change the oil at underground parking lot.

condos expressly prohibit the performing of maintenance of vehicles in the underground parking to prevent people from doing oil changes. if you try to do it on the street in front of a condo, i'd say it's probably too much of a headache to even attempt.

do you even live in a condo? how many security guards have actually told you off? The management never go around the parking lot and security guards only do like 2 times a day. They wont give a damn if they see you working on a bike, they say hi and then continue on with their patrol.

do you even live in a condo? how many security guards have actually told you off? The management never go around the parking lot and security guards only do like 2 times a day. They wont give a damn if they see you working on a bike, they say hi and then continue on with their patrol.

uh, yeah, i do live in a condo. the condo reg's that most boards use is usually a generic one (i am told by the property manager) and it will expressly prohibit the performance of maintenance on you vehicle.

again, the reason for this is to prevent people from doing things like oil changes etc. which in turn is because underground parking is an exclusive use common element. they don't want oil stains, contamination, slips and spills on the oil, etc.

just because you got away with it, doesn't mean it's actually allowed by the board.

and it's not just the security staff that you'd have to be concerned about: other residents may have an issue with you doing that stuff in the parking garage too and file a complaint, to which the property manager will have to respond. penalties can range from warnings to fines that will be levied against your common element fees. the property manager in my building is a stickler. he does his own patrols too to make sure the security and cleaning staff are doing their job.

my post was in response to people who stated that the OP should have just done the oil change in his own garage. it's not that simple, so there are good reasons for the OP not doing so.

Last edited:
I used to live in a condo and I used to do maintenance stuff.

Old people would rat me out to the security and property managment.

Security would come down and tell me to stop and I'd very politely tell them that I can't and I need to finish what I was doing, but the old people who would come down and yell at me were very distracting.

uh, yeah, i do live in a condo. the condo reg's that most boards use is usually a generic one (i am told by the property manager) and it will expressly prohibit the performance of maintenance on you vehicle.

again, the reason for this is to prevent people from doing things like oil changes etc. which in turn is because underground parking is an exclusive use common element. they don't want oil stains, contamination, slips and spills on the oil, etc.

just because you got away with it, doesn't mean it's actually allowed by the board.

and it's not just the security staff that you'd have to be concerned about: other residents may have an issue with you doing that stuff in the parking garage too and file a complaint, to which the property manager will have to respond. penalties can range from warnings to fines that will be levied against your common element fees. the property manager in my building is a stickler. he does his own patrols too to make sure the security and cleaning staff are doing their job.

my post was in response to people who stated that the OP should have just done the oil change in his own garage. it's not that simple, so there are good reasons for the OP not doing so.

This +++100%

Welcome to life my friend, what can you really do. You win some you loose some right. I picked up a go pro from those dudes my attitude towards that shop is neutral it's just like any other business. It's kind of weird though I mean why would they even mention it at all if they did it or not you know. If you think about it from a business owners point of view they should have just avoided it so maybe they are guilty.

I used to live in a condo and I used to do maintenance stuff.

Old people would rat me out to the security and property managment.

Security would come down and tell me to stop and I'd very politely tell them that I can't and I need to finish what I was doing, but the old people who would come down and yell at me were very distracting.

haha old people? lol

i park next to a car owns by a young pretty lady, i talk with her whenever i see her around and she never complaint about my bike, well she only said the bike is good looking. guess im lucky not parking next to some old people

i never said they allow me to do maintenance on my bike, like washing, changing the oil, coolant, changing plugs, etc but they DON'T CARE unless someone complaint or something happens. To be honest unless you are making a big mess nobody would care. I talk to drivers who parked around me and they say hi to me whenever seeing me getting in and out of my car or fixing the bike, never get told off or starred.

OP try to do it in your condo, if someone complains then just dont do it but at least you can get a few maintenance done at very little cost.

It all depends on property management and how strict they are. I work in condos every day and some managers are just laid back and it all depends on the condo.

Back
Top Bottom