Riders choice oil change gone wrong. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders choice oil change gone wrong.

Sucks when stuff like that happens.. Wonder if they have a camera pointed in the direction of where your bike was in the shop. Maybe you can see the mechanic say "oops" or "oh ****"... Who knows. Another reason for me to not go back there. I'm already not fond of their "service" in the front...

Ok. Usually I don't write bad reviews. Basically went in for an oil change the other day at Riders Choice. It was a walk in so I was happy they took me in quick no wait.
10 minutes into the oil change, they call me in back to see something. First thoughts in my mind were if something is wrong mechanically wise... But no, Jeff I think his name is, pointed out that the bottom right fairing had 2 cracks on it. One around the bottom fastener screw and other bellow the hole where you can spot the filter.
Now this really made me speechless as I just washed my bike 30 mins before getting there and bike was in pristine condition apart from a scratch on top Fairing. He kept insisting I Ren over something or a rock. Well I doubt this could have happened as I drove through local roads and took it slow. And it happens to be in an area around where his filter wrench adapter was sitting.
To add to this... He was removing old oil already and his filter wrench adapter was on with fairing still in place. I'm positive he cracked it while trying to remove filter with fairings on. But I cannot say 100% as I was not there, instead waiting in store front.
Spoke to John the owner and he says he has 2 witnesses (his employees) and is not going to go against them.
Here I am... Stuck with probably around $300 in damage? (CBR600RR) Correct me If I'm wrong..
With 0 help or willingness to work something out from the owner... Instead rude behavior and insisting the bike came in like this.
Having spend over a grand in his place for merchandise.... I figured he would at least have some respect for his loyal customer. Will not be coming back anytime Soon.
I thought he deserves this review. I wouldn't have wrote it if he at least was willing to work something out. But this is not a good way to treat a customer who is honest.
Apart from all this... The oil change was done well it seems. (for $108 I would hope so anyways)

Thanks for reading.

(sorry for the formatting, wrote this from my phone)

Pics of damage? I cant see how anyone would crack a fairing removing an oil filter....

Sucks when stuff like that happens.. Wonder if they have a camera pointed in the direction of where your bike was in the shop. Maybe you can see the mechanic say "oops" or "oh ****"... Who knows. Another reason for me to not go back there. I'm already not fond of their "service" in the front...

Hi Smutty,
Yes I did ask the owner if he had cameras in the back, he said "NO.". Because I actually did hear the mechanic say out loud "****" Few minutes before he called me in. But what good is my word over his. In any case, Im not in for the drama, just figured he deserved this review... anyone going there, either keep an eye on your bike or do inspection with the mechanic before going in I guess.... stupid I didn't.

Thanks

View attachment 26294

I can see how... considering it is right where his wrench was sitting. Thanks

Just saying! Because I have changed many many 600RR oil filters without removing the fairings, and I dont crack them...LOL

To make that kind of crack by hitting something on the road, there would have to be other scratches or gouges in the bottom fairing...No other damage would lead me to believe the same as you, damaged by ham fisted mechanic

I have also seen damage like that result from just rolling the bike onto the bike lift, when the bottom fairing bottoms out on the lift....Again there would be scratches and or gouges if that was the case

Last edited:
Just saying! Because I have changed many many 600RR oil filters without removing the fairings, and I dont crack them...LOL

To make that kind of crack by hitting something on the road, there would have to be other scratches or gouges in the bottom fairing...No other damage would lead me to believe the same as you, damaged by ham fisted mechanic

I agree.. Yeah Im not the kind of person who bullshits people and wastes their time. Does not run in my blood.. But it does piss me off when people try to take advantage of your hard earned money and lie their way around. To make things even more frustrating he mentioned ahh its probably just a 100$ fairing in the states (I thought they were former Honda Race Team? They should know how much these parts cost heh).

I have no proof I guess of him doing this, but I hope this review will make their business suffer for what they did to my bike.

yeah no way that crack would come from hitting something given where it starts from.. a wrench smashing into it however, looks plausible from the angle it would be at while torquing

I have also seen damage like that result from just rolling the bike onto the bike lift, when the bottom fairing bottoms out on the lift....Again there would be scratches and or gouges if that was the case[/QUOTE]

Thats possible too... I don't know. The bottom fastener area is also cracked... so that may be the case. But all I can do is guess.

yeah no way that crack would come from hitting something given where it starts from.. a wrench smashing into it however, looks plausible from the angle it would be at while torquing

Thank you for taking my side.

When it comes to customer service issues, I believe the better the attitude the easier the issues get resolved. (sometimes) In this case, I would of freaked on the mechanic and made a big scene that would surely have gotten some other customer's attention. Which would of have been to the owner's best interest that the issue gets resolved QUICK!

Your "nice person" attitude is the reason you got the short end of the stick imo.

When it comes to customer service issues, I believe the better the attitude the easier the issues get resolved. (sometimes) In this case, I would of freaked on the mechanic and made a big scene that would surely have gotten some other customer's attention. Which would of have been to the owner's best interest that the issue gets resolved QUICK!

Your "nice person" attitude is the reason you got the short end of the stick imo.

What can I say... Just expected better from Riders Choice. But you are right on that.

That sucks about your plastics. I hold RC in high regard, too. Wow... just wow. And you're being incredibly polite about it. I would have flipped out if that was my bike.

$108 for an oil change is also ridiculous. I have no idea who you are, but PM me and use my garage to do your own oil change next time. You'd save like, $45!

That sucks about your plastics. I hold RC in high regard, too. Wow... just wow. And you're being incredibly polite about it. I would have flipped out if that was my bike.

$108 for an oil change is also ridiculous. I have no idea who you are, but PM me and use my garage to do your own oil change next time. You'd save like, $45!

Thank you for the offer storm cat.. might take you up on that in near future.

What can I say... Just expected better from Riders Choice. But you are right on that.

Sweet bike though, always loved the graffiti edition... If it was me, I would most likely get a brand new one from the dealer. Which I know is not cheap.
Good Luck!

Sweet bike though, always loved the graffiti edition... If it was me, I would most likely get a brand new one from the dealer. Which I know is not cheap.
Good Luck!

Yes... that is the plan... have to go state side first and price it out... will let you guys know how much it cost if I find out heh

I am not taking sides on this..... We all know its plastic and plastic CRACKS EASY.. I have seen CRACKS on newer bikes just from a GOOD BUMP on the road..... I would like to see the other small crack you have on the bike before I start pointing fingers......

Back
Top Bottom