Reliable bike for my kid returning to riding after illness | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reliable bike for my kid returning to riding after illness

Sad story about your son, glad you have good time to spend with him now.
You mentioned reliability.
Go with Honda.

I suggest a VFR

There are two on Pickle Lake

I owned a 2006 FZ6 for a about 3-4 years . MY first (and only) EFI ride. The bike does everything well. The seat gets hard too soon but I still managed the JBR on it so...
EFI never missed beat. It got good gas mileage. The over abundance of turbulance in the face was greatly reduced by takeing about 4" off the windsheild.
Came on about 5000-6000rpm and redlined near 14 I think but after a while you get tired of spooling it up.

Last edited:
Thanks

Bought the bike a while back. Rode it to Pickle Lake to make sure all is good.
He just gets to ride it Saturday

View attachment 44103

glad to hear your son is riding again
and figured you'd not be content with ~ 50 HP for too long :)
nice bike

still thinking of going west?
been reading a ton and prollly gonna take your advice
blast across MB and only need one gas stop

the rest of the west does't seem to have an issue with visiting Ontarians
as long as we follow the same distancing/mask rules we have here

Thanks - I'm quite happy back on the CB500x. More comfortable for distance, much better range and fuel mileage and lighter.

The power on the CBF1000 is nice but I sold my first one for thhe same reasons I've switched back now.

The kid however is coming from a hopped up FZ8 a few years ago and will not appreciate a stodgy bike. He can do two up with his squeeze and tour with me. All in consideration of picking his spirits up. ?

He had an attack of nerves so gonna wait til he talks to the neurologist on Wednesday. Better he feel good about it
Muscle memory will come back.
I took a long layoff from sailplanes ( 5 years ) but one check ride and it all came back. He sent me off solo on the second flight :eek:

I really enjoyed the CBF1000 today - whoever said I might miss the 1Liter was correct. Have both for the season now. Need a few more farkles for it so don't need to switch back and forth. Damn motor is silky smooth. Need some risers tho.

Kenz did fine on the mcycle today ...duck to water ... and he's more comfortable than with the top heavy FZ08.
The CBF might be a long term ride for them which would please me to no end.
Mcycling has been a very good confidence builder for him since he was 14 and we've ridden both coasts together
...he a fine rider and it all came back easily to him.
We just did a few km on suburban roads and he felt fine and looked fine.....easy to tell. He still wants to get Dr clearance to do much more.

He’s teaching his squeeze to ride a bicycle just now ?

He had the 2013 version and actually likes the CBF1000 better as not so top heavy and he can take his squeeze touring with it. You should be able to move that FZ easily.

Some progress...had a longer ride together up to the Forks tho we got a late start due to his doc appointment ....got our SENAs working ....said he felt a little tentative on that King Road twist but but generally fine. He has chemo for the next 8 days which is unfortunate as he will be too whacked for more riding but we plan a couple days a week in Sept ?

Still thinking I might head east during that 8 days. :unsure: .

Back
Top Bottom