Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 221 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Watched Oppenheimer recently - it was just ok. Felt more like a documentary, with some drama thrown in. The focus of the movie seemed off, was it about him, the creation of the bomb, or the trial to slander him.

Tried Now you See Me II ...did nothing for me. :(

Midnight Cowboy ...too depressing tho I love the score.

Now Batman Begins .....Christian Bale is wonderful and Michael Caine is eternal. It's leaving Netflix soon. Third time lucky - totally engaged.
What a terrific cast.
Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at Nov, 25    2023    4.28.22 AM.jpg
If you've never seen Empire of the Sun ....you've missed the birth of a super star. Bale is superb.

Last edited:
Tried Now you See Me II ...did nothing for me. :(

Midnight Cowboy ...too depressing tho I love the score.

Now Batman Begins .....Christian Bale is wonderful and Michael Caine is eternal. It's leaving Netflix soon. Third time lucky - totally engaged.
What a terrific cast.
View attachment 64533
If you've never seen Empire of the Sun ....you've missed the birth of a super star. Bale is superb.
I found "Now You See Me II" to be quite inferior to the original.

Maggie Moore(s) on Netflix. Surprised this has flown under the radar, super enjoyable dark comedy

Decided it was time for my annual rewatch of "Project London." It's an indie movie that was produced on a shoestring budget, with VFX done by volunteers and showcasing the skills of Ian Hubert (all done in Blender, I think). Doesn't hurt that my gorgeous friend Jen Page is one of the stars either ;) Free on Youtube but I have a BluRay and DVD. The DVD is from helping fund distribution and the BluRay is from Jen.

Several songs from the sound track are in my daily driving rotation.

I seem to be drawn to dark movies..
:rolleyes:

I can't quite tell if it is soft 4k or HD - watching via the TV instead of the laptop so no info on Netflix. Phoenix is an amazing actor. Going to take in Napoleon today I think if my Blu Ray 4k discs arrive in time.

I seem to be drawn to dark movies..
:rolleyes:

I can't quite tell if it is soft 4k or HD - watching via the TV instead of the laptop so no info on Netflix. Phoenix is an amazing actor. Going to take in Napoleon today I think if my Blu Ray 4k discs arrive in time.
I saw "Joker" in a theatre, in Seattle, when it came out. While it doesn't really need it, I think you notice a fair bit more when you see it that way. It also helps with the final scene.

Re-watched 'The Batman' again, and found it even better the second time through.

Also had zero clue that Colin Farrell was the Penguin in this one....shocked when I found out.

Testing limits of the 4k Blu Ray upscaling...Snows of Kilimanjaro
50s FFS : rather politically incorrect :?
Gregory Peck FFS !!!!

Trying to figure a way to convince partner a $200 upscaling BR 4k player that will play ALL of the hundred + videos she owns from early DVDs including many sets to a few 1080p Blue Ray are upscaled to be at least watchable on a 4k screen. Cheap tech upgrade for existing media and the image and sound on 4k BR which I'm currently setting up a library is flat out jaw dropping.
Some of the wildlife scenes might be rare these days.

Last edited:
Brought it forward a a few decades
Still soft compared to 4k of course but very watchable.
Cannot see a big gain with 4k in this case. It is so well done anyways.
Hmmm after watching for a while I could see case for 4k....will see what the price is like.
Looking forward to
Masters of Air on Apple+ in January from the same bunch

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom