Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 152 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I watched "The Art of Racing in the Rain". Great film. If you like dogs it's well worth a watch but beware there's the potential for weepy bits.

Hustlers - Marketed as Oceans 11 but with strippers. Jennifer Lopez as a stripper, how could it go wrong? Instead of a fun crime movie, it tries to be a serious take on modern culture. Couldn't wait for it to finish.

Ad Astra was a monumental waste of time

watched that on the flight home tonight

Captain Willard travels up the river narrating the journey as he seeks the rogue Colonel Kurtz
no, wait....... that was another movie

what a blatant rip-off of one of best films ever

Ad Astra is an all around terrible picture

Irishman - Glad to see the old guard can still knock out some good work. Watched in the Westdale Theatre in the hammer and enjoyed it very much.

Ford v Ferrari - it’s not a documentary. It’s a movie and a good one at that. Not a fan of Bale but, damn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“The Mule” . Clint Eastwood film. Pretty good, I always love a good Clint film but here he’s looking really frail and I don’t think it’s all acting. Nice cameo from Andy Garcia as a cartel leader. All round a pretty solid story, almost has an art house feel to it. I really hope this isn’t Clint's last film.....

“The Mule” . Clint Eastwood film. Pretty good, I always love a good Clint film but here he’s looking really frail and I don’t think it’s all acting. Nice cameo from Andy Garcia as a cartel leader. All round a pretty solid story, almost has an art house feel to it. I really hope this isn’t Clint's last film.....
Every year Clint does some commentary for the Pebble Beach pro-am golf tournament.It's been interesting watching him as he gets older.But he is still very sharp and witty.He was one of a few investors that stepped in and bought Pebble Beach to keep it a public GC.

Hmm that is too bad about Rambo, it kinda looked interesting from the trailer and would have been fun to revisit the character.
Funny enough it got a high rating then the other movie you mention.
I thought Rambo was very good, excellent actually!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Usual Tarantino style. Intertwined vignettes. Sharp scene cuts. Good acting. Rick and Cliff seemed to be loosely based on the friendship between Steve McQueen and Bud Ekins. A lot of it was reaching, but still plausible. Cliff knowing George Spahn, etc...............right up until the WTF? ending. I don't know what QT was thinking with that. What he imagines could have or wished had happened maybe (the beat down on Squeaky was brutal. made the ear scene in Reservoir Dogs look like a love tap).

watched The Way-Way Back, again
really like that movie

never found Steve Carrell to be funny
but he's actually a pretty decent dramatic actor

cameo from Amanda Peet is hilarious
Carry a Laser.....

The Laundromat.My wife bugged me to watch it,it has Meryl Streep in it,she said.(yawn). Really good film.Gary Oldman does a great job.

Hustlers - Marketed as Oceans 11 but with strippers. Jennifer Lopez as a stripper, how could it go wrong? Instead of a fun crime movie, it tries to be a serious take on modern culture. Couldn't wait for it to finish.
I tried to give this movie a shot as well. After Jennifer's intro and reveal of her assets, there was nothing more to see. I was expecting it to be a little more like Molly's game, but this was just dull, didn't watch until the end. Checking out the Irishman next.

Watched 'Ad Astra' with Brad Pitt as I'm running out of things to watch on AC flights...meh. Nothing special in all honesty. Some good parts, but overall I didn't enjoy it.

Watched The Irishman... it was ok, a little long. Someone said it was at he old guard of mob films, totally was. I found the beginning more interesting then the ending, which just fizzled.

I liked The Irishman. Did drag a bit in the middle but overall a good movie.

Rewatched Bad Santa and it's still good.

Tried to watch El Camino Christmas and had to give up 25mins into it. How can something with Jessica Alba and Michelle Mylett (Katy from Letterkenny) be so unwatchable?!

Tried to watch El Camino Christmas and had to give up 25mins into it. How can something with Jessica Alba and Michelle Mylett (Katy from Letterkenny) be so unwatchable?!
I gave up on El Camino at the same point, I was just chatting with a buddy of mine about it and he thought it was great, and it picks up right after the ending of Breaking Bad and supposely ties in perfectly.... I dunno I didn't get the same vibe... might give it another chance.. maybe.

Reactions: J_F
I gave up on El Camino at the same point, I was just chatting with a buddy of mine about it and he thought it was great, and it picks up right after the ending of Breaking Bad and supposely ties in perfectly.... I dunno I didn't get the same vibe... might give it another chance.. maybe.
Different El Camino movie lad ;)

El Camino Christmas (2017)

Bad Santa is always on my Xmas watch list, usually along with Love Actually (cheesy, plus it's fun to see the guy from The Walking Dead in it before he was really famous).

Bad Santa 2 was a huge letdown though. I was really looking forward to that sequel too.

Back
Top Bottom