Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 145 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

The editing, dialog, scene sequencing, and even the plot/story. It was just hard to watch. It reminded me of a bad 8o’s sitcom.

I can re-watch many movies and enjoy them. I held Top Gun in high regard but, never sat down to watch the whole movie in years.

I think I was holding onto the nostalgia and memories from back in the day and when I watched it recently, it fell flat.

Bit of a bummer actually.

So I had to go back and watch after your comments. I dunno I think it's still a good movie, tons of memorable moments (which is a hallmark of a good movie). I never thought it was a great movie and it shows.

I do agree with several of your points, the movie is a bit of hack, jumping scenes (limited intro shots to move the story) and not smooth flowing dialogue. But it does some other things well. The story is decent, it's not displayed or told very well, but it is there. You are not totally guessing what the heck it going on, even if they miss the mark on some dialgoue, and you do feel for the characters, ahh damit Goose! It does tick a lot in the story categories in action, humour, romance, emotion, and achievement, and is well paced enough. Some parts could use some trimming though.

But the third act does fall apart with the climactic action scene with the Mig's at the end. It fails, there just wasn't any intensity or originality of the shots or action from the rest of the movie. I think part of the problem was technically shooting fighter jets (or access to them). Problems today which are mostly solved with modern camera equipment and effects. I guess we'll see.

So I had to go back and watch after your comments. I dunno I think it's still a good movie, tons of memorable moments (which is a hallmark of a good movie). I never thought it was a great movie and it shows.

It's not nearly as bad as Days of Chunder

Mission of Honour on Netflix was pretty good. It’s about displaced
Polish fighter pilots feeling to England during WWII and joining up to fight for the allies. There’s an undercurrent that shows the institutional racism of the time even during wartime and the ending leaves you shaking your head with disbelief at how badly they were treated despite being the best squadron in the RAF during the war.

Lion King (2019) - It's the same story as the original just with better images. My wife loved it though.

Lion King (2019) - It's the same story as the original just with better images. My wife loved it though.
same lol. she had a grin on her face the entire time and sang every song.

"Don't judge me if I start crying" was my wifes words just before that scene.

Brightburn.... lame and dull. I hope no one saw this in the theatre.

Godzilla (2019) - Similar to the recent King Kong movie but they did Kong a bit better.

Shaft (2019) - Has its moments but is largely a forgettable time waster.

We watched the 1980 "classic" Flash Gordon with the kids a few weeks ago, it is what it is but we did actually really enjoy it--it was fun. The music is not bad either...

Green Book , Bohemian was better than I thought it would be . I did like A star is born , but im a sap :)

If you are thinking of checking out Rocketman, you might be disappointed after watching those other 2 movies. I found it to be not the same quality and just overall lame.

Sent from the moon!

I saw John Wick 3 last night. I am still in shock.

Back
Top Bottom