Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 212 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

"Avatar: The Way of Water" - It's a beautiful movie and Cameron takes full advantage of that, to hide that the story is wafer thin. It's more than twice as long as it needs to be, for the content. Do any of you remember "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" when they spent maybe 10 minutes just going "Oooo... Ahhh..." while circling around the refitted Enterprise? Well, it's like that, except where ST:TMP had one of those scenes, A:TWoW has one maybe every 15 minutes. It's like cotton candy; lots of volume but, really, nothing there.

"Avatar: The Way of Water" - It's a beautiful movie and Cameron takes full advantage of that, to hide that the story is wafer thin. It's more than twice as long as it needs to be, for the content. Do any of you remember "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" when they spent maybe 10 minutes just going "Oooo... Ahhh..." while circling around the refitted Enterprise? Well, it's like that, except where ST:TMP had one of those scenes, A:TWoW has one maybe every 15 minutes. It's like cotton candy; lots of volume but, really, nothing there.
The cinematic version of Cameron’s own ego?

Watched it a while back. Was pretty meh. The character dynamics from the first were all lost, and the story felt rushed, and seemed like a bit of the repeat of the conflict from the first movie with the main characters and villain. Well shot and visually stunning, James doesn't disappoint there, as well returning to adventures in water, he seems to like that environment. (titanic, abyss).

James doesn't disappoint there, as well returning to adventures in water, he seems to like that environment. (titanic, abyss).

He's responsible for several advancements in deepsea diving. The Rolex Deepsea was made for/in conjunction with Cameron's Mariana Trench dive.

Agreed. About an hour too long with nothing gained in that hour.
In comparison I just watched Dune and even though it had amazing visuals and was 2.5-3hrs long there was so much story there it felt rushed in spots.

In comparison I just watched Dune and even though it had amazing visuals and was 2.5-3hrs long there was so much story there it felt rushed in spots.
"Dune" is quite a long book and takes a fair bit of cutting, to adapt to film. The SciFi Channel miniseries was quite well done, if you haven't already seen it. The recent movie is also very good. I just hope that they finish it off with just the one sequel and don't start delving into what follows. I know a lot of people liked the books that came after but, to me,they start to become very silly.

Couldn't stand the new Dune, I feel asleep. Visually amazing, but boring AF. I will say no more.

"Dune" is quite a long book and takes a fair bit of cutting, to adapt to film. The SciFi Channel miniseries was quite well done, if you haven't already seen it. The recent movie is also very good. I just hope that they finish it off with just the one sequel and don't start delving into what follows. I know a lot of people liked the books that came after but, to me,they start to become very silly.

DV has said he wants to do Children of Dune in one film then end it.

Watching "Nineteen Eighty-Four" for the first time since I watched it in a theatre, in 1984. Forgot how good it is but didn't forget the controversy over how the director didn't want The Eurythmics to do the music, which is why there's only a couple of bars of their song "1984" in the movie. Contractually, he couldn't cut them out completely, so he did the next best thing.

Took me three or four starts to read Dune, same as The Fellowship Of The Ring. I much preferred Whipping Star/Dosadi Experiment and The Hobbit.

Back
Top Bottom