Questions To Harley Riders | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Questions To Harley Riders

I think it's more in reference to a Consumer Reports study about MC reliability from a couple years ago.

As to the question of why do people like Harley's?

Sort of the same as which is your favorite color - red or blue?
Yes.And as my grandkid said to me a while back......"red or blue Papa,yes or no?"

That's a V-Rod. That's about as far from a Harley as they have ever made. Bad camera mounting on any bike will make for a miserable viewing experience. My guess is that camera was on an arm.
That explains it :sneaky: VRSC is not a REAL Harley and the camera mount was faulty.

Is this normal or a good example of one that has something mechanically wrong with it?

I would say not normal if the whole bike is indeed shaking while moving. I have not ridden a V-Rod but have a Sportster 933? (can remember exact CC), Sportster 1200, Ultra Classic, Soft tail and a dyna glide, they all shake furiously while standing still but once moving they are very smooth.

AgNkF8r.jpg

Every year it's the same ol' circle-jerk by the same ol' shitposters. Just ride whatever you want.

I guess I'll never understand. I'm a sportbike rider so I'm not the right target for the bike, but just looking at Ducati Xdiavel makes me want to a ride cruiser.

Anyway, I didn't say anything about what people should ride. I was genuinely asking if I'm missing something.

Does anybody know if Indian demo is available?

You never know you might end up liking them down the line. I started out riding supermoto’s and sport bikes. I still really enjoy both those style of bikes but at this point to me those are cool bikes to have as a second or back up bike.

I’ve ridden a few metric cruisers and they just don’t do a whole lot for me. Everything about them is just okay to me not great but a lot of that can be chalked up to personal opinion and I bet they are really good at racking up trouble free mileage. So if someone prefers a metric I really don’t have a strong argument against it but they aren’t for me.

The Harley’s. I started with a 2003 Road King 2 years ago and recently replaced it with a 2013 Road Glide so I’ve only been riding the touring frame bikes. To me Harley’s touring line is the best looking in that category. The proportions are right, paint and chrome is the best in the business, controls are all substantial quality parts, wheels are high quality, fork tubes nicely finished etc etc. Like someone mentioned Harley is a premium product and it shows in those details.

Maybe you didn’t miss anything. They might not be the bike for you and that’s okay.

My next street bike will likely be electric so H-D is a possibility IF they ever get around to building and selling that prototype they've been showcasing for years. Hopefully by then that silly swingarm mounted rear fender plate holder thing will be long gone & out of style.

Just wanted to ask what's the deal? Why do you like them?

I just test rode HD Forty-Eight. it was my first time ever on a HD and wonder why would anyone want this?

The bike was brand new and it was shaking like it has Parkinson's, It had a 8L gas tank needs a fillup after 120km. 1200cc that make only 62hp? 5speed in 2019? Single front rotor with 550lbs motorcycle? No rear suspension travel, and you can't make any tight turns because it only has 27deg. lean angle clearance. It was loud and embarrassing when you consider how slow it was. And they are asking $13k and ABS was optional.

I was wondering if I missed something. I've seen more refinements from $5~6k motorcycles.
If you have to ask, a this is not the bike for you -- move along, you don't know enough about motorcycling yet.

If you really need to know, there is more to motorcycling than the bike. Did you ride the little Harley to a rally? Look at any pics anything like Dover or Sturgis? Try on a pirate outfit to see whether it draws a look from your partner? Count the 48's rolling down the road compared to Bolts?

HD is a cultural icon, not just a mechanical horse. It has a community, historical significance, and a certain fashion-ability that any MC company in the world would love to have.

You missed 'Lifestyle'

I guess I'll never understand. I'm a sportbike rider so I'm not the right target for the bike, but just looking at Ducati Xdiavel makes me want to a ride cruiser.

Anyway, I didn't say anything about what people should ride. I was genuinely asking if I'm missing something.

Does anybody know if Indian demo is available?
Bikes are like women -- they also come in parallel categories. Post a pic of your wife or girlfriend, we will be able to help you pick your next bike!

Pointless trivia. Obviously BMW and HD owners have CAA coverage while most Yamaha and Honda riders do not.

Is CAA not a mandatory requirement for HD owners?

(Sorry, a HD joke was sitting right there...too hard to resist...don't anyone get butthurt.. ;))

Bikes are like women -- they also come in parallel categories. Post a pic of your wife or girlfriend, we will be able to help you pick your next bike!
I'll bite, what's my next motorcycle?
patcappra.jpg

It's not that Harley's are unreliable.It's just that the big four have made their bread and butter bikes very reliable with proven technology.I like Harley's and respect the lifestyle.I can understand the raw mechanical thumping down the highway that appeals to the "HOG" owners.Just don't try to tell me that your pushrod twin is better than everybody elses ride.
Who am i to talk? My street ride is a Ducati.They need to pushed thru to the end of every ride because they fall apart.Right?

I'll bite, what's my next motorcycle?
patcappra.jpg
The Capra and Courier are 74ish, puts the girl as an early 50's model. If you're the same age, your next bike will be a:

Fantic ! Good heavens no ! you ever try to kick start one of those things? that would be a serious downgrade even without the sidehack.
Fail (n)

Back
Top Bottom