QC to tax antivaxxers | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

QC to tax antivaxxers

It helps that Mom is a biologist and Dad is a professor of ornithology.
It helps that she is compliant, or inclined towards that activity.

If one of Mike's kids turns out to be a mass murderer, I will definitely blame MIke - not!

They shouldn’t be in arenas at this point (and at other points) though…that’s the thing. It’s not just a free for all in schools that’s a bad idea.
Well, in Waterloo Region all minor hockey, high school hockey and adult hockey has been shut down as far as I can tell.
So, they’re not in arenas.

Well, in Waterloo Region all minor hockey, high school hockey and adult hockey has been shut down as far as I can tell.
So, they’re not in arenas.
They were playing the other day in puslinch games after public skating

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Professional and Amateur sports franchises and the Olympics have been going strong.

Follow the $$$.

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. 18 year old mom, 19 year old dad, booth with vocational high school education, both raised in by blue collar parents. They were taught to work hard (work ethic), to be resilient under pressure and to deal with challenges head.

I got the same upbringing, although there weren't 14 kids in the house so our standard of living improved year by year. Work ethic and determination paid off for them, they taught that to us and it paid off for me and my sister. I taught that to my kids and despite the stresses of my work constant travel and our many distant family moves, they too learned to work hard, take measured risks and how to be resilient.

They have a body of friends I have known since they were teens -- the families who coddled and defended lasy or troublesome kids whned up with lazy and troublesome adult kids.

If you kids tell you their friends don't have to shovel snow, cut the lawn or take out the garbage - empathize then smile inside.

If you're kids get in trouble at school, never assume it's the teacher's fault or the other bully. Defend your kids when necessary, prepare them to defend themselves when that's the responsible thing to do.

Help them financially by teaching them about money, how to borrow from you and pay things back, and always have conditions when you have to bail them out.

24 months of home hardship need not damage kids - it's a learning opportunity. 24 months of having their parents tell them the system is damaging them just might.
I was lucky, my parents are "middle class" immigrants from the poorest country in the western hemisphere who moved to get better lives. So nothing was handed to them, but they got decent jobs (Revenue Quebec for one and ESL Teacher for the other..) then we ended up starting our family business so i was put to work when i was 8-9 to help with the "IT" of the company, I haven't spent a year not working since.

Those type of values are not something that most kids get these days... and a lot of those opportunities have been made unavailable by the countless lockdowns (swimming instructor/lifeguard, gymnastics lead for kids classes, etc etc) so we could say some of those valuable work experiences that help build work ethic have been removed from their development. Add on top of that limited social interactions with their peers and being stuck at home ... put simply, if you had a good home situation, these past 2 years weren't that bad.

If you had a less fortunate home situation, you got the sheety end of the stick. Sure there are lots of things parents can do, but there are only so many resources that are available during a pandemic. I'm grateful that my kids are this young as this will just be a bump in the road for them, my youngest might not even remember. But for some kids, their lives will have changed drastically.

If you had a less fortunate home situation, you got the sheety end of the stick. Sure there are lots of things parents can do, but there are only so many resources that are available during a pandemic. I'm grateful that my kids are this young as this will just be a bump in the road for them, my youngest might not even remember. But for some kids, their lives will have changed drastically.
Most kids in high school in this mess are going to have a really rough go after graduation. Many have not had the typical high school experiences/life learning/jobs. What does higher education look like when the entry classes are not even normal high school maturity? Similarly but less affected are the kids in higher education. What do they look like coming out when they completed the vast majority of their program remote with little human interaction?

Most kids in high school in this mess are going to have a really rough go after graduation. Many have not had the typical high school experiences/life learning/jobs. What does higher education look like when the entry classes are not even normal high school maturity? Similarly but less affected are the kids in higher education. What do they look like coming out when they completed the vast majority of their program remote with little human interaction?

Have you met the average youth these days? Little actual human contact is the norm even in non-COVID times. They would rather FaceTime someone that lives next door than actually get off the sofa to go and look them in the eyes. I hold office hours for my courses, recently online but before that in-person. They are deserts of despair! I get a few regulars but not much else. The thought of actually talking in person scares the bejesus out of them and I’m one of the approachable ones!

Have you met the average youth these days? Little actual human contact is the norm even in non-COVID times. They would rather FaceTime someone that lives next door than actually get off the sofa to go and look them in the eyes. I hold office hours for my courses, recently online but before that in-person. They are deserts of despair! I get a few regulars but not much else. The thought of actually talking in person scares the bejesus out of them and I’m one of the approachable ones!
I know someone that took a niece to a party where she met a guy and it seemed like they hit it off. Then they split off and went to different sides of the venue. Nothing went wrong. They spent the evening texting each other from across the room.

It seems that the right to gather is a bigger issue than actually using the right.

I wonder how much of the isolation now starts at home. I shared a bedroom with my brother so we didn't have any private space. We had one telephone so little in the way of secret conversations, complaining about your parents wasn't an option.

One TV so either read in your room or watch according to house rules. We ate what mom cooked. There were no individually frozen prepped and wrapped meals to be microwaved. Everything was closed Sundays so there was Sunday dinner....be there.

P.S. If I told my mother that when I grew up I would order my dinners by telephone and have them delivered by taxi she would have laughed herself silly.

I wonder how much of the isolation now starts at home. I shared a bedroom with my brother so we didn't have any private space. We had one telephone so little in the way of secret conversations, complaining about your parents wasn't an option.

One TV so either read in your room or watch according to house rules. We ate what mom cooked. There were no individually frozen prepped and wrapped meals to be microwaved. Everything was closed Sundays so there was Sunday dinner....be there.
Sounds familiar. Except i had to walk to school 2 miles uphill, both ways.

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. 18 year old mom, 19 year old dad, booth with vocational high school education, both raised in by blue collar parents. They were taught to work hard (work ethic), to be resilient under pressure and to deal with challenges head.

I got the same upbringing, although there weren't 14 kids in the house so our standard of living improved year by year. Work ethic and determination paid off for them, they taught that to us and it paid off for me and my sister. I taught that to my kids and despite the stresses of my work constant travel and our many distant family moves, they too learned to work hard, take measured risks and how to be resilient.

They have a body of friends I have known since they were teens -- the families who coddled and defended lasy or troublesome kids whned up with lazy and troublesome adult kids.

If you kids tell you their friends don't have to shovel snow, cut the lawn or take out the garbage - empathize then smile inside.

If you're kids get in trouble at school, never assume it's the teacher's fault or the other bully. Defend your kids when necessary, prepare them to defend themselves when that's the responsible thing to do.

Help them financially by teaching them about money, how to borrow from you and pay things back, and always have conditions when you have to bail them out.

24 months of home hardship need not damage kids - it's a learning opportunity. 24 months of having their parents tell them the system is damaging them just might.
Copy-write the above^^^

How does anyone expect the children to adjust to this situation when the parents can't?

Copy-write the above^^^

How does anyone expect the children to adjust to this situation when the parents can't?
Had a long text for this but...

I think what you see is parents from one generation to another always wanting "something better for their kids"

So the coddling keeps getting worse and worse. Wall-e coming soon

Sounds familiar. Except i had to walk to school 2 miles uphill, both ways.
Ha - that's nothing. My school was 4 km and they never plowed the sidewalks so I did it in knee deep snow.

Can't pin it on the youth alone. I have two adult friends (56 & 64 years old) who text each other from different rooms.

Right.. I used to get up in the morning at night at half-past-ten at night, half an hour before I went to bed, Eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work 28 hours a day at mill, and pay da mill owner to let us work there. And when I went home our dad used to murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves, singing hallelujah.

Yah, you try an tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you...

Back
Top Bottom