QC to tax antivaxxers | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

QC to tax antivaxxers

There are gym exceptions that some are using. The shady hole is mental health facility, the legal hole is related to physio (something along the lines of fitness to address a long or short term injury. Gym stays open, you get a doctors note that you need access to a facility and bob's your uncle.
Than I stand corrected. I recall the news being that all gyms must shut down.

Unvaxed cannot at this time:
- enter many workplaces including any federal gov't job, provincial health or long term care facility
- access non-essential businesses, including gyms, indoor restaurants, movie theatres, and concert halls
- purchase beer or weed in Quebec
- travel to Australia to play tennis
- create a credible argument against vaccination unless it's based on Facebook science or a conspiracy theory
- stand on my lawn
😆 that last one is the one that will convince them all to convert

Than I stand corrected. I recall the news being that all gyms must shut down.
Well.. when you're hanging on to your dear life to not go bankrupt for most of the past 2 years i guess you end up becoming..hmm... original in your survival tactics

Most antivaxxers I know are living life as is. The vaccine certificates are trivial to fake and no one checks too closely. I wonder if the QR code will change that but I doubt it.
I think that's more or less correct. The ones I know aren't in gyms, restaurants or bars and they are not traveling to winter hotspots with their friends.

The vaccine-proof thing relies on trust, I'd like to think the hesitant are respectful of the rules, and the safekeeping of their acquaintences and fellow citizens.

I think that's more or less correct. The ones I know aren't in gyms, restaurants or bars and they are not traveling to winter hotspots with their friends.

The vaccine-proof thing relies on trust, I'd like to think the hesitant are respectful of the rules, and the safekeeping of their acquaintences and fellow citizens.

Well the ones you know are certainly more respectful than the ones I know :rolleyes:

The ones I know eat babies for breakfast before they spill used engine oil down the sewer and idle their f150s all day for no reason.

The ones I know eat babies for breakfast before they spill used engine oil down the sewer and idle their f150s all day for no reason.
F150's and real oil changes? You must know the rich ones.

The most well-to-do anti-vaxer I know drives a hand-painted 2004 Altima that changes it's own oil thru the tailpipe.

😆 that last one is the one that will convince them all to convert

Well.. when you're hanging on to your dear life to not go bankrupt for most of the past 2 years i guess you end up becoming..hmm... original in your survival tactics
Assume a person begins to accumulate assets at 30 YO, getting their head above water. At 45 they convert the assets to a business that shows promise for 10 years. They are then 55 YO. Covid hits and their equity drops back to what they had at 30 YO but they're 55. It would be irrational for us to think they wouldn't come up with irrational theories and ethics.

I was picking up something at a parts counter in the early 90's and overheard the owner having a heated telephone discussion with a bill collector. When he got back to me he bluntly stated that he didn't cause the recession and if someone was going to lose his home it wasn't going to be him. How long can he hold his breath?

Interesting. I know a few anti-vaxxers and they’re all fairly well to do. Multi million dollar homes, good jobs, and cottages with boats and other toys at them.

Just goes to show it’s everywhere, and the mentality is all around us. Mind you these are people that have a deep distrust of govt and anything that comes out of politicians mouths.

This is on Ontario's covid website that I just pulled right now. Do the math and you see that about 75% of hospitalizations are vaccinated. This means that at that rate the surplus in the hospitals due to unvaccinated is about 235 people. That's less than 1 person per hospital in Ontario. So blaming the unvaccinated at this point is just sad. If everyone was vaccinated we would still have 2700 people there.

And no, it has almost no effect on kids. I have two kids so believe me when I say I'm sympathetic when kids are involved. But look at the number of flu deaths associated with kids annually and compare those to covid. The flu is far worse for kids than covid and there has never been a school that I can remember or any activity shut down because of a flu outbreak in Ontario. Let alone one that lasted the better part of 2 years. The lockdown effects on kids are way worse than the disease. And posting an article of two kids dying with covid with no evidence supporting they died of it to try and prove a point is pathetic. No different than a case in Alberta where the media and the Chief Medical Officer of Health got hold of a case where a child died with covid and blamed covid. The family of the child later came out and said the kid had stage 4 brain cancer that he battled for 9 months and tested positive just 2 days before he died.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-210937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-210937_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 13
This is on Ontario's covid website that I just pulled right now. Do the math and you see that about 75% of hospitalizations are vaccinated. This means that at that rate the surplus in the hospitals due to unvaccinated is about 235 people. That's less than 1 person per hospital in Ontario. So blaming the unvaccinated at this point is just sad. If everyone was vaccinated we would still have 2700 people there.

And no, it has almost no effect on kids. I have two kids so believe me when I say I'm sympathetic when kids are involved. But look at the number of flu deaths associated with kids annually and compare those to covid. The flu is far worse for kids than covid and there has never been a school that I can remember or any activity shut down because of a flu outbreak in Ontario. Let alone one that lasted the better part of 2 years. The lockdown effects on kids are way worse than the disease. And posting an article of two kids dying with covid with no evidence supporting they died of it to try and prove a point is pathetic. No different than a case in Alberta where the media and the Chief Medical Officer of Health got hold of a case where a child died with covid and blamed covid. The family of the child later came out and said the kid had stage 4 brain cancer that he battled for 9 months and tested positive just 2 days before he died.

Can you do us all a favour and post something a little more vague?

There are gym exceptions that some are using. The shady hole is mental health facility, the legal hole is related to physio (something along the lines of fitness to address a long or short term injury). Gym stays open, you get a doctors note that you need access to a facility and bob's your uncle.

I know of 4 gyms that have stayed open under this current lockdown under some Ontario disability act loophole. same thing - present a doctor note saying you need it for your sanity and it is legal. One big fancy gym in Burlington that all the bodybuilders and social media stars go to has been open, I'm sure they funneled all their members to the same doctor for said note. Thinking they might have told their members not to post photos or videos of them working out due to backlash or getting shut down but some have slipped...

How much wrong can you take? You must enjoy it.

You do the math…by proportion of the population as it’s been spelled out to you multiple times and I even posted you the AB and BC figures that break it down there and the situation isn’t that different in Ontario.

The chances of the flu leaving you with neurological issues after contracting it are small. Not the same with COVID unfortunately.

The lockdown effects are difficult for kids? Sure..they are difficult for everyone cry me a river. This thing is serious that’s why these things are happening. Suck it up buttercup. I hate to use the word snowflake but seriously, there‘s a ton of them about. Worse than possible neurological effects from a disease? Debatable. Also, why should we give kids a pass for an infectious disease and treat them any different? That’s kind of like saying “black rats matter” for the bubonic plague and only hating on white rats.

It’s not about deaths. It’s not about deaths. It’s not about deaths. Maybe you’ll get it this time.

The lockdown effects are difficult for kids? Sure..they are difficult for everyone cry me a river. This thing is serious that’s why these things are happening. Suck it up buttercup. I hate to use the word snowflake but seriously, there‘s a ton of them about. Worse than possible neurological effects from a disease? Debatable. Also, why should we give kids a pass for an infectious disease and treat them any different? That’s kind of like saying “black rats matter” for the bubonic plague and only hating on white rats.
Mental health issues developed now might stick with them during their whole life.

They feel disenfranchised. They become fearful of human contact.

It's gonna f*ck em up real good. Sure they can bounce back, somewhat but if you compare to OTHER jurisdictions around the world that haven't closed as much, our kids will be left behind in the global market.
Whether it be our future olympians, or our future geniuses, we basically took away the end of 2019-2020 school year, most of the 2020-2021 school year and now part of the 2021-2022 school year. Research in different universities has been put to a halt...
We are replacing one issue (covid) with tons of other issues due to the stoppage of all kids' "normal activities" removing all the normal stimulation they should be getting, creation of highly anxious environments (related to covid), online learning works if you're lucky on your dice roll and get a teacher that can actually do it annnnd if your kid is old enough...annnnd if you can stay home to support them while working?!
My neighbour works with developmentally challenged kids... she's lost YEARS of progress that some kids might not get back because of those lockdowns. These are people that might've been able to be integrated, working parts of our society who might never get there now.

And we're doing all this to protect from long term side-effects from covid that we do not understand yet. But we do have some grasp of what's happening to a whole generation of kids right now.
So yes, i'll cry you a river. Because it only took two years for us to listen to the experts (the ones who treat our children) who have been saying non stop, "close schools as last resort" but we don't listen to them. We only pick and choose when to listen to them.

/endrant

Mental health issues developed now might stick with them during their whole life.

It's gonna f*ck em up real good. Sure they can bounce back, somewhat but if you compare to OTHER jurisdictions around the world that haven't closed as much, our kids will be left behind in the global market.
Whether it be our future olympians, or our future geniuses, we basically took away the end of 2019-2020 school year, most of the 2020-2021 school year and now part of the 2021-2022 school year. Research in different universities has been put to a halt...
We are replacing one issue (covid) with tons of other issues due to the stoppage of all kids' "normal activities" removing all the normal stimulation they should be getting, creation of highly anxious environments (related to covid), online learning works if you're lucky on your dice roll and get a teacher that can actually do it annnnd if your kid is old enough...annnnd if you can stay home to support them while working?!
My neighbour works with developmentally challenged kids... she's lost YEARS of progress that some kids might not get back because of those lockdowns. These are people that might've been able to be integrated, working parts of our society who might never get there now.

And we're doing all this to protect from long term side-effects from covid that we do not understand yet. But we do have some grasp of what's happening to a whole generation of kids right now.
So yes, i'll cry you a river. Because it only took two years for us to listen to the experts (the ones who treat our children) who have been saying non stop, "close schools as last resort" but we don't listen to them. We only pick and choose when to listen to them.

/endrant
There will always be people without children that just say **** it, who cares about the kids or their future, me me me me is all that matters. Do this to help me, do that to protect me... they have no empathy and don't care about the future because they have no skin in that game, so they look for the instant gratification.

They don't understand that once a person has kids their entire world revolves around raising them and protecting them from loathsome people like them.

There will always be people without children that just say **** it, who cares about the kids or their future, me me me me is all that matters. Do this to help me, do that to protect me... they have no empathy and don't care about the future because they have no skin in that game, so they look for the instant gratification.

They don't understand that once a person has kids their entire world revolves around raising them and protecting them from loathsome people like them.
It's not just that. These same kids are the ones who are going to be changing your diapers when you grow old, serving you your food in restaurants, and doing your customer service for your banking, cashing you out at the grocery store and maybe even help you carry your bags.

Anyways, allegedly, we're all in this together.

Errr…sorry, I forgot that kids miraculously cannot pass on infectious diseases during a pandemic to anyone else.

Errr…sorry, I forgot that kids miraculously cannot pass on infectious diseases during a pandemic to anyone else.
So maybe, instead of just shutting down, or doing online learning and trying to stick a freaking under-10-year old in front of an electronic device all freaking day (oh wait, isn't that horrible for their development? i guess that doesn't matter anymore)
Take the measures that experts have been suggesting since the beginning and implement them. I hear there are a few billions of dollars that have not been spent. We're not denying that kids can't get it and can't spread it. But we can definitely make the space safer to reduce spread. You know, like they do in arenas for sport ball watching.

/endrant
Everyone has a psychological cross to bear and everyone carries their differently.

Your first statement uses the words "might stick with them" but then the rest of what you write seems to imply it "will" stick with them with the occasional switch back to "might". That's Covid. Following its "mights and what ifs" is like watching a pinball machine, trying to guess which way the ball is going to go and which paddle to hit.

In public school a good friend wasn't there when we returned after summer break, hit by a car. We didn't have grief councilors back then. We learned the hard way that people die.

Is the fear of trauma more dangerous than the trauma itself?

Does adversity make a person tougher, harder or more understanding?

In a race, a pebble could determine whether you end up in the winner's circle or a hospital. Life can be the same.

Thank you for that. I'll let my buddy know that his daughter is faking the ague, loss of smell and taste and her 7 YO who was learning in a petri dish has nothing to do with it. (sarcasm font)

Back
Top Bottom