Public Inquiry? Nothing to see here | GTAMotorcycle.com

Public Inquiry? Nothing to see here

justride

I believe David Johnston's credentials are impeccable.
The key word here is PUBLIC - for claimed security reasons.
There will be a report to follow explaining more in detail.
Oh, and in my humble opinion P.P. and the Toronto Sun are dickweeds.

I'm not going to argue with you about pp or the sun but calling Johnstons credentials impeccable is way off imo. Any inquiry should avoid both bias and the appearance of bias. Appointing the ex-head of the family foundation that accepted money from the entity under investigation to decide if an investigation should see light is about as far from where you should be as possible. Giant steaming turd. No public inquiry just means more money lit on fire to friends of the family/party and suppressed findings. If the arbiter is connected, there is no point wasting any money on the charade.

There’s 2 issues here

1) the security threat.
I think Johnston addressed this. “We know the scope. Nothing in my investigation leads me to believe anything was compromised.”

I would say he’s got enough integrity to be honest about this. So if he’s willing to put his reputation on the line for this, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

2) public confidence in the government

This recommendation leaves this door wide open. I’m shocked he didn’t take the opportunity to recommend a public inquiry even if half of it gets redacted…because that’s the only thing that will put a confidence concern to bed.

The idea that instead we will have public hearings instead (that he will chair????????????!) is a complete farce. He dropped the ball on this big time.

Frankly I will be surprised if Trudeau doesn’t order a public inquiry vis a vis cabinet anyways due to public pressure.

There’s 2 issues here

1) the security threat.
I think Johnston addressed this. “We know the scope. Nothing in my investigation leads me to believe anything was compromised.”

I would say he’s got enough integrity to be honest about this. So if he’s willing to put his reputation on the line for this, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

2) public confidence in the government

This recommendation leaves this door wide open. I’m shocked he didn’t take the opportunity to recommend a public inquiry even if half of it gets redacted…because that’s the only thing that will put a confidence concern to bed.

The idea that instead we will have public hearings instead (that he will chair????????????!) is a complete farce. He dropped the ball on this big time.

Frankly I will be surprised if Trudeau doesn’t order a public inquiry vis a vis cabinet anyways due to public pressure.
I do not expect trudope to start now with shining light on the darkness. "Public" hearings chaired by his buddy are perfect. He can continue to pretend that it is objective and open while also ensuring no skeletons are exposed.

I do not expect trudope to start now with shining light on the darkness. "Public" hearings chaired by his buddy are perfect. He can continue to pretend that it is objective and open while also ensuring no skeletons are exposed.
Could be. Johnston has another mandate until October iirc. They can drag this out if needed.

That's an interesting opinion.

Please explain your thought process, as I would really like to know how someone could come to those conclusions.

Isn't the guy a life long friend of the Trudeaus? His kids and Justin used to hang out and go skiing and chill at their cottages together. How are those impeccable credentials for someone running an investigation?

Bunch of thieves and liars with absolutely no respect for this Country, they are only concerned with banding together to save their own skin. It’s so blatant that it stinks to high heaven.
That is great description of our Gov. Honestly, and nothing can be done about it is the saddest part of it all. They have rigged it so they can't be touched.

Last edited:
P.P. is clearly a dickweed. Not sure about the rest

Sent from the future
Ditto. Please explain your reasoning. Is it just a feeling you have that the guy is "xxx", or are there a series of actions etc?

If there's any relationship b/w those being investigated, and those doing the investigations...it's a problem.

Even if it's squeaky clean, the IMPRESSION of a conflict of interest is enough to cast doubt on any decision being made.

So IMO...failure on multiple fronts and there should be an actual independent party doing the investigation...if anyone can be found to be 'independent' 100%.

jfpqc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom