Project noisemaker | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Project noisemaker

Not sure what the end of your pipe looks like but you can sometimes shove a db killer into the muffler to get a few db quieter.
I put one already at the end of the muffler. It is still loud so I was hoping to put something at the front but I dunno if that is safe

When I had a Fiat 500 Abarth for my daily driver it comes from the factory sans mufflers. Just a cat. Not even a resonator.

Cop at a ride spot check tried to give me guff about my exhaust saying my "muffler was illegal". I was like "Jokes on you, car doesn't even have a muffler". He looked crazy confused when I tried explaining to him it's just how the car is.

As other have said, so many cars these days come with loud, snap, crackle and poppy exhaust from the factory. But if Halton is gonna come down on loud exhaust I'm not about to go hunting for a stock exhaust for my 21 year old bike. I'll just stay outta Halton.

When I had a Fiat 500 Abarth for my daily driver it comes from the factory sans mufflers. Just a cat. Not even a resonator.

Cop at a ride spot check tried to give me guff about my exhaust saying my "muffler was illegal". I was like "Jokes on you, car doesn't even have a muffler". He looked crazy confused when I tried explaining to him it's just how the car is.

As other have said, so many cars these days come with loud, snap, crackle and poppy exhaust from the factory. But if Halton is gonna come down on loud exhaust I'm not about to go hunting for a stock exhaust for my 21 year old bike. I'll just stay outta Halton.
you had a 500 abarth? you`re my hero.

Just to stir the pot, I read that someone came up with a fake exhaust noise maker. Basically it picked up the engine RPM's from the ignition system and ran the signal through a computer and amplifier that generated the sound you wanted. F-1, Big block, Healy 3000 etc.

If they stopped you for a db check just turn down the radio. You've got stock exhaust.

While we're talking exhaust the window rattling stereos are equally dumb.

Just to stir the pot, I read that someone came up with a fake exhaust noise maker. Basically it picked up the engine RPM's from the ignition system and ran the signal through a computer and amplifier that generated the sound you wanted. F-1, Big block, Healy 3000 etc.

If they stopped you for a db check just turn down the radio. You've got stock exhaust.

While we're talking exhaust the window rattling stereos are equally dumb.

About 8 years ago, my friend showed me his Speedracer that someone got him as a gift - it plugged into the cigarette lighter and generated different engine sounds based on RPM and played it over FM through the car radio. The v8 sound (at the time) was pretty cool. He was an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer and I joking said he should gut one of his mufflers and put speakers in it, pair it with one of these and sell them to EV owners as a "performance" exhaust. Can't believe someone actually ran with it!

About 8 years ago, my friend showed me his Speedracer that someone got him as a gift - it plugged into the cigarette lighter and generated different engine sounds based on RPM and played it over FM through the car radio. The v8 sound (at the time) was pretty cool. He was an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer and I joking said he should gut one of his mufflers and put speakers in it, pair it with one of these and sell them to EV owners as a "performance" exhaust. Can't believe someone actually ran with it!
IIRC Fiskar put optional sound on their vehicles because pedestrians couldn't hear the things.

This is how the SAE says the test should be administered. I don't know if it would help in court, but likely couldn't hurt ?

This is how the SAE says the test should be administered. I don't know if it would help in court, but likely couldn't hurt ?
I havent seen an Ontario by-law that referenced the standard. The ones I have seen reasonably follow it but without a specific reference that they are enforcing to that standard it shouldnt help in court. You need to fight within the wording of the by-law as that is the law and everything else is just information.

Back
Top Bottom