Problems in Hockley | GTAMotorcycle.com

Problems in Hockley

FJRgeezer

Happened to be at the Hockley store on Saturday. A large number of mostly sport and standard type bikes rolled in. Maybe 70 or 80 , hard to tell actually how many but a lot. Keep in mind that the store is only open for takeout and none of their seating areas are available for use. So we end up with people standing in the street, huddling in big groups with no masks and my personal favourite, testing the rev limiter on their bike. So eventually the situation evolves into local residents yelling at the riders, riders yelling back and two OPP cars showing up. To my knowledge there weren’t any tickets written. So is it just me or are we, motorcyclists, determined to wreck everything and make sure we are not welcomed anywhere. Do we have to antagonize the locals?

This is the reason I ride alone.
If you want to act like an ass and be a "tough guy" be brave enough to do it on your own.

This is the reason I ride alone.
If you want to act like an ass and be a "tough guy" be brave enough to do it on your own.
A few riders (2-3) is fine too IMO but I agree.

A few riders (2-3) is fine too IMO but I agree.
For sure. I agree, perhaps I should have said "choose to ride alone"
But if you have friends to ride with, that always makes for a fun trip.

Ride solo, if you're gonna ride with others, make sure you're on the same page in terms of pace, style etc.
Or ride with people you know and trust

This 100%
I've got 2 guys I ride with regularly. I'm also comfortable with them at 250 km/h side by side coming into a braking zone on the track.
These are also guys I would spend a week with at the Dragon and surrounding area. Others? Not so much.

When a certain group in KW region posts videos of their leader doing wheelies, generally riding like an @ss, it simply reinforces my idea of not starting or attending larger group rides.

I've got 2 guys I ride with regularly. I'm also comfortable with them at 250 km/h side by side coming into a braking zone on the track.
These are also guys I would spend a week with at the Dragon and surrounding area. Others? Not so much.

When a certain group in KW region posts videos of their leader doing wheelies, generally riding like an @ss, it simply reinforces my idea of not starting or attending larger group rides.

Sounds like the old M.O.B. rides. Leaders off the front at 250+

Had a few group rides in my short career....I noped out of a few. Most guys tell me ‘we go fast but will wait for you at the next turn’

Works for me. Have at it and by the time I arrived they were having a smoke. Everyone wins.

Happened to be at the Hockley store on Saturday. A large number of mostly sport and standard type bikes rolled in. Maybe 70 or 80 , hard to tell actually how many but a lot. Keep in mind that the store is only open for takeout and none of their seating areas are available for use. So we end up with people standing in the street, huddling in big groups with no masks and my personal favourite, testing the rev limiter on their bike. So eventually the situation evolves into local residents yelling at the riders, riders yelling back and two OPP cars showing up. To my knowledge there weren’t any tickets written. So is it just me or are we, motorcyclists, determined to wreck everything and make sure we are not welcomed anywhere. Do we have to antagonize the locals?
anyone want to guess when the orange cones and no parking signs are going to be put up. Another spot where you won’t be able to stop and have a light lunch. You just can’t fix Stupid. If I was a moderator on the forum, I would not permit anyone posting group rides at all, there are just a recipe for disaster. Especial thru this Lock down. Flame away.

I saw this on Sunday through Hockley as well, I ride alone but there was a MASSIVE gathering at the store there. I noticed the ice cream shop on Forks of the Credit is now blocked off, not sure if that was because of all the bikes gathering there but it was a hot spot last year when I went through.

Back
Top Bottom