Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Most of those Carmeneres are great wines for the price. I picked up the 94 rated Aconcagua Alto one for $20 and it’s really good.
yeah, im a big fan of Carmaneres.

did you know that Chileans thought they were raising Merlot grapes initially because they are so similar in taste and appearance, and they only discovered that is was a different grape when they started genetic testing of grapes in the mid 90s

yeah, im a big fan of Carmaneres.

did you know that Chileans thought they were raising Merlot grapes initially because they are so similar in taste and appearance, and they only discovered that is was a different grape when they started genetic testing of grapes in the mid 90s

Didn't know that. So it’s a distinct varietal?

Meiomi Californian Pinot Noir. Some really really classy wines at good price points about. This is silky smooth, absolutely lovely, a great example of what happens when you grow the right grapes in the right climate!

Meiomi Californian Pinot Noir. Some really really classy wines at good price points about. This is silky smooth, absolutely lovely, a great example of what happens when you grow the right grapes in the right climate!

not a huge fan of California Pinot to be honest, i prefer the stuff from Burgundy, was lucky enough to try this bottle last year, its completely different than what you would expect from a current release Pinot noit

aoFeKNxXFzmJKjTQ9g5hYMs7Aovx05v64lY41eMd_LGGtgWrn6i04R6UrvMPVG_64NPDbGqk4ccUiHsmu_Nywb9x9capc97rRUt-dHU_7T3271LIanOxYd67vi4h7TFaTp1y2BB3KjNS5K_T99v9_N9bW_1ExYiQAvYptn1e1TstkObCVEqulEUjvTYcK-YYkDcLpe7W0wZSlP9uRw9hBhs23tKCRApKy0yRkfUMLSpP6TZt0VuXJhbKL2k_1xR7w8cDzdbYzzem5bZ7Af-R5EBgw-5AJzIv90BJuJELefySiRORfSGKSUX9AfG9woAonNM-C43xHsE3zLafMcO5DZJtv1VZrt9eSp16GfHEUaMGzLcce_vxY7V8OzhgZ59-Zdue1NwWwqGV8ZdAFKPWQi2lCogOZkNgseV_NPHIXWVATy1T_pjqSd7VOMUMSqJk57lbmYCknsk7te89VFysqpz9h9vcBid7pv6pYnv8J9CynM5XmQxftODOVYTeoWUENwo_oNTfujKIGiPwgZ-odEthyfe3zZayikOxUD734KEFJvBGIHP-wyJcOpOg3ieFzj-ANKrsuVR-rSE0IdY3djuQP1jAeTHkvZ2nBufnh-5kprI9pvlMjrQcEF7by1IflX2_L_fjpbchna9uAVYw8MNe2WVGwLe8bGvR644fIECOvGB5KHMXySs=w703-h937-no

not a huge fan of California Pinot to be honest, i prefer the stuff from Burgundy, was lucky enough to try this bottle last year, its completely different than what you would expect from a current release Pinot noit

aoFeKNxXFzmJKjTQ9g5hYMs7Aovx05v64lY41eMd_LGGtgWrn6i04R6UrvMPVG_64NPDbGqk4ccUiHsmu_Nywb9x9capc97rRUt-dHU_7T3271LIanOxYd67vi4h7TFaTp1y2BB3KjNS5K_T99v9_N9bW_1ExYiQAvYptn1e1TstkObCVEqulEUjvTYcK-YYkDcLpe7W0wZSlP9uRw9hBhs23tKCRApKy0yRkfUMLSpP6TZt0VuXJhbKL2k_1xR7w8cDzdbYzzem5bZ7Af-R5EBgw-5AJzIv90BJuJELefySiRORfSGKSUX9AfG9woAonNM-C43xHsE3zLafMcO5DZJtv1VZrt9eSp16GfHEUaMGzLcce_vxY7V8OzhgZ59-Zdue1NwWwqGV8ZdAFKPWQi2lCogOZkNgseV_NPHIXWVATy1T_pjqSd7VOMUMSqJk57lbmYCknsk7te89VFysqpz9h9vcBid7pv6pYnv8J9CynM5XmQxftODOVYTeoWUENwo_oNTfujKIGiPwgZ-odEthyfe3zZayikOxUD734KEFJvBGIHP-wyJcOpOg3ieFzj-ANKrsuVR-rSE0IdY3djuQP1jAeTHkvZ2nBufnh-5kprI9pvlMjrQcEF7by1IflX2_L_fjpbchna9uAVYw8MNe2WVGwLe8bGvR644fIECOvGB5KHMXySs=w703-h937-no

how much did that set you back?

Dry vodkatini with a dash of violet syrup from Quebec garnished with lemon rind. Delicious.

Picked up a few French wines today too. A Madiran and a Cairanne. Moderate prices, just over $20. Will see what these are like.

Making Beef Bourguignon for dinner tonight, the recipe takes two bottles of Burgundy wine and there are no cheap Burgundies. Any of you wine savvy folks have any recomendation on a taste that could come REALLY close.

I have the burgundy on hand but would willingly head to an LCBO to save some bucks, its already got a hundred dollar tenderloin going in the pan.

Making Beef Bourguignon for dinner tonight, the recipe takes two bottles of Burgundy wine and there are no cheap Burgundies. Any of you wine savvy folks have any recomendation on a taste that could come REALLY close.

I have the burgundy on hand but would willingly head to an LCBO to save some bucks, its already got a hundred dollar tenderloin going in the pan.

What about a decent merlot? You just want something full bodied really.

most pinot noirs should do the trick,

looking forward to seeing some pics of the dish in the other thread :)

Pinot it is ! My chef playmate, who will also be here for dinner agreed, we'll serve the burgundy with the stew. The next question , will anybody know ?once all the onion, Thyme, rosemary and garlic go into the pot? I'll guess no.

I zipped into the LCBO to round out the beer selection for tonight, pre dinner beer being the safe choice if liters of wine are to follow, then $300 of wine jumped into my cart. There is no 'value shopping' but geez my LCBO local has a really great selection.

Pinot it is ! My chef playmate, who will also be here for dinner agreed, we'll serve the burgundy with the stew. The next question , will anybody know ?once all the onion, Thyme, rosemary and garlic go into the pot? I'll guess no.

I zipped into the LCBO to round out the beer selection for tonight, pre dinner beer being the safe choice if liters of wine are to follow, then $300 of wine jumped into my cart. There is no 'value shopping' but geez my LCBO local has a really great selection.

Honestly aside from Madeira and other fortifieds, once red wine has really cooked down with herbs, garlic etc they all mostly taste the same to me in cooking unless it’s absolute plonk or really watery with no body to begin with.

Honestly aside from Madeira and other fortifieds, once red wine has really cooked down with herbs, garlic etc they all mostly taste the same to me in cooking unless it’s absolute plonk or really watery with no body to begin with.

I certainly cant argue the subject. I've had cooks explain the acidity balance and pairing with foods, its truly beyond my palate. I always work off the assumption way more talented people than me come up with these recipes in the first place so i tend to not drift far from original when its not crazy money to stay the course.
We made sausages last week (to a 300yr old Tuscan recipe) that took about 5 lbs of procuitto. ground veal and some other stuff, each sausage was worth about 8 bucks.
I know just enough about wine and food so as not to embarass myself too poorly, however my circle of playmates include a couple actual chefs, and a couple wine experts (they have papers) so I try hard. I cant keep up and thank goodness they dont expect it. , they appreciate i try LOL

Back
Top Bottom