Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Into John Collins cocktails right now with bourbon, turbinado sugar syrup, lemon juice, topped with soda water and garnished with a slice of lemon and some maraschino cherries. Very very nice. A good take on the traditional Tom Collins.

I try to post a cocktail to the thread once a week, here's another. With the cold weather and fresh whipping cream in the house I went with an enthusiast style cocktail and favorite of the dude (The Big Lebowski), a white russian (I usually only have this over the Christmas and New Years holidays.

This serving is 1.5 Oz of Smirnoff vodka from the freezer, 1 Oz Kahlua, and 1 Oz of fresh whipping cream (35% fat). It's poured in that order carefully over large ice cubes (so as to minimize mixing).
wp_20200503_00_10_48_pro-3-s-jpg.134419

Stay warm and enjoy a cocktail.

Reactions: J_F
The only drink that I make:
0dc3ffe4c52cae62967d6ce5f911dfa2.jpg
66793e45f011570ab40e153072f0749e.jpg
1402884dbab296f1477ab70b51d4ff52.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nice @Joe Bass. I'd be interested in your recipe and ratios for a Caesar. And try a few other cocktails :).

I set myself up for the long weekend. I made simple syrup (first time ever) and fresh strawberry syrup (first time ever). Both very easy. Highly recommended.

I also picked up fresh lemons, limes and mint.

Having recently picked up Orgeat syrup as well... I went with a new-to-me cocktail I've been wanting to try for a while. It was excellent; a big keeper and highly recommended. There's a lot going on for flavours with the reposado tequila and Campari. And what a unique combo. The bitter and sour ingredients balance out the sweet components.

wp_20200515_18_08_12_pro-3-s-jpg.134440

Strawberry Fields cocktail
- 45ml Reposado Tequila (I went with 1800 Reposado)
- 15ml Campari
- 15ml Orgeat syrup
- 15ml Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 20ml Strawberry syrup

METHOD
1. Add all ingredients to your cocktail shaker
2. Shake and strain over fresh ice into an Old Fashioned glass
3. Garnish with a half strawberry (I garnished with a slice of strawberry from making the syrup)

Adjust to preference.

Have a great May long...

Last edited:
I try to post a cocktail to the thread once a week, here's another. With the cold weather and fresh whipping cream in the house I went with an enthusiast style cocktail and favorite of the dude (The Big Lebowski), a white russian (I usually only have this over the Christmas and New Years holidays.

This serving is 1.5 Oz of Smirnoff vodka from the freezer, 1 Oz Kahlua, and 1 Oz of fresh whipping cream (35% fat). It's poured in that order carefully over large ice cubes (so as to minimize mixing).
wp_20200503_00_10_48_pro-3-s-jpg.134419

Stay warm and enjoy a cocktail.

a nice variation on that is Sheridans with Stoli
unsweetened almond milk in place of the creme
you know, keep the fat down while denting the liver

PgDVj3H.jpg

a nice variation on that is Sheridans with Stoli
unsweetened almond milk in place of the creme
you know, keep the fat down while denting the liver
LOL, sounds great How are the ratios mixed? e.g., 1.5 Oz Stoli, 0.5 Oz each Sheridan liqueur (or 1 Oz?) and 1 Oz unsweetened almond milk.

Thx for sharing; I'll buy and try it.

So many interesting cocktails out there...

LOL, sounds great How are the ratios mixed? e.g., 1.5 Oz Stoli, 0.5 Oz each Sheridan liqueur (or 1 Oz?) and 1 Oz unsweetened almond milk.

Thx for sharing; I'll buy and try it.

So many interesting cocktails out there...

same glass and ice as per your description, KW

yeah 1.5 of vodka
if you haven't bought Sheridans before, its neat
under the cap are 2 orifices, both liqueurs are dispensed simultaneously
2 ounces in total works well, then top up the glass with the almond milk

makes a pretty tasty caucasian

@Joe Bass, check out this Caesar recipe I found... Classic Canadian Caesar Recipe - Jo Cooks

I recently enjoyed a premium Margarita rimmed with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt; 3 Oz El Jimidor Blanco (I like the flavor and bite this blanco tequila brings to cocktails; it competes better with the other ingredients and flavors... not very expensive either), 0.6 Oz Cointreau, 0.6 Oz organic Agave nectar, 1 Oz fresh squeezed lime juice. Shaken over ice.
mpnaeb5j2e051.jpg

Also a Whiskey Sour in the Orrefors cocktail glass; 2 Oz Bulleit Bourbon, 0.75 Oz fresh squeezed lemon juice, 0.5 Oz simple syrup. Shaken over ice and garnished with a Fabbri Amarena Italian wild cherry. Shaken over ice.
1gas6fmpfl051.jpg

today is rhubarb marguritas , stew rhubard as per usual , strain through cheesecloth, 2oz of rhubarb juice, 2 oz of tequila, shake with ice.
If its "too rhubarby", throw in another shot of tequila to thin it down. Use the cheapest tequila you have on hand.

Dont plan on running power tools when finished

today is rhubarb marguritas , stew rhubard as per usual , strain through cheesecloth, 2oz of rhubarb juice, 2 oz of tequila, shake with ice.
If its "too rhubarby", throw in another shot of tequila to thin it down. Use the cheapest tequila you have on hand.

Dont plan on running power tools when finished

rhubarb is an ornamental plant.....I still think people that tell me you can eat it are pulling some elaborate prank on me. Nasty stuff.

Finally got around to making that Moscow Mule....delicious!

5E4A22D1-B08F-435D-A5CB-C78A5C7B54A3.jpeg

Attachments

• C69811C6-A648-44F2-A806-D3795B3D875F.jpeg
    C69811C6-A648-44F2-A806-D3795B3D875F.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom