Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

I'm trying this one today. It's pretty smooth.
yNCOx4Kh.jpg

I'm trying this one today. It's pretty smooth.
yNCOx4Kh.jpg

I have a Californian MacManis Cab Sav that I’m trying tonight. Very smooth and rich. Got a Lodi old vines Zinfandel for later on in the week, another Californian that’s a winner. These are all from the vintages section and just under $20 a bottle and are fantastic value. Really well rounded wines.

Carte Noir Cotes de Provence Rose. Perfectly chilled on the deck with spicy crab sushi. Perfect end to a perfect day’s riding.

OK so I picked up a $25 bottle of a reasonable Chianti to give Italian wines another try. Maybe Chianti just isn't for me. Tasted a bit....meh? Not bad mind but just lacking in something that I can't quite put my finger on.

I have a nice Cotes du Rhone waiting for me though and those are pretty good at the upper tiers. Keeping my eye out for bargain priced Gigondas for the next little bit. That's one of my favourite French wines.

I have a Californian MacManis Cab Sav that I’m trying tonight. Very smooth and rich. Got a Lodi old vines Zinfandel for later on in the week, another Californian that’s a winner. These are all from the vintages section and just under $20 a bottle and are fantastic value. Really well rounded wines.
McManis is my go-to wine. Very smooth and not bad price either.

OK so I picked up a $25 bottle of a reasonable Chianti to give Italian wines another try. Maybe Chianti just isn't for me. Tasted a bit....meh? Not bad mind but just lacking in something that I can't quite put my finger on.

I have a nice Cotes du Rhone waiting for me though and those are pretty good at the upper tiers. Keeping my eye out for bargain priced Gigondas for the next little bit. That's one of my favourite French wines.
Chianti is not really a true representation of Italian wines, you should try Barolo or Barbaresco, Ripaso is also nice if you dont want to spend $$ on Amarone but like the taste of it.
I really like Italian wines, but have yet to drink a Chianti I liked

Went out to get some breakfast items from the grocery store this morning.....came back with OJ for mimosas and some club soda, limes and fresh mint to go with the Cayman rum I have. I’m having a lovely afternoon.

Here's another great rarer cocktail. The Paper Plane.

attachment.php

This is a great drink, a newer cocktail recipe, award winning and known for its enthusiast popularity, using different and unique ingredients. And it's easy to make.

The recipe is:
3/4 oz Bourbon (I use Bulleit)
3/4 oz Amaro Nonino
3/4 oz Aperol
3/4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice

Pour into shaker with ice and shake, then serve in stemware.

Amaro Nonino is another highly recommended herbal liquor; it's not the easiest ingredient to find but I've been able to track it down. Amaro Nonino is like Campari, but a little lighter and boozier.

The Paper Plane is a very popular and excellent cocktail.

Obligatory TO reference here.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
For the ON wine enthusiasts, this was a great Chardonnay.

Tawse 2011 Hillside Chardonnay.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I found this winery around 2005-2006 and have enjoyed it for many years.

Tawse in the news (two different links).

The best bottles of Ontario wine at the LCBO

William Hill Californian Chardonnay 2017. This one is so good I think I’ll get half a case or a case of it for Xmas. $20 a bottle and it’s a bargain for the quality. Buttery, smooth and even a hint of vanilla in it. I think it’s a Vintages regular but I haven’t had it before tonight.

Back
Top Bottom