Positive Vibes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Positive Vibes

Wingboy

Site Supporter
What is your experience with "paying it forward"?
At a drive thru, the driver behind me wasn't have a good day. Hand gestures, etc. At the window i asked to pay for that person's order. Pulled ahead and waited for them to reach the window. Flashed a peace sign and got a big smile and a wave. That's the feel good moment.
Let's hear positive vibes! Pay it forward.

At a drive thru, the driver behind me wasn't have a good day. Hand gestures, etc. At the window i asked to pay for that person's order. Pulled ahead and waited for them to reach the window. Flashed a peace sign and got a big smile and a wave. That's the feel good moment.
Can you line up in front of me at the LCBO? I’ll drive to the one closest to your house.

I’ll show you grateful.

On a serious note, Ive never done that, but I often drop off a hot coffee to the old pensioners who do crossing guard duty for the schools near me.

I'm more likely to toss the worker at Wendy's $20 than I am to pay for the person behind me buying overpriced marginal food/drink.

Sorry Wingboy, I first thought it was a bit of humour as follows.

An old lady was having problems placing her order at the squawk box and the following car was giving her a hard time. When she got to the pay window she said wanted to pay for the car behind her as well and they complied. The following car waved nicely and blew kisses when they found out.

When the old lady got to the food window she asked for both orders and drove off with them.

More to the OP.

A field worker for a contractor that I did a lot of work for called me in for a small job. When I finished I emailed him a draft invoice so he could send it to purchasing for a PO #. After a few months I got thinking he might have overstepped his bounds and I decided to forget the call. They had been good to me over the years and I didn't want to get the guy in trouble.

A bit after that I found out that a member on another forum had a health issue and being in the USA, had no insurance.

A fund raiser was being held and I kick started with a decent donation.

A month or so later the electrical contractor, without any further action on my part, sent me a check for the earlier job.

It was the same amount I had sent the member in the US.

What I like to do, specially if the person behind me seems to be having a really bad day.

I pay for mine and their meal at the first window but I get the receipts. At the second window I show the person the two receipts and I tell them both are mine, I take their meal and mine and leave..... Now they have to go through the entire drive through line again.

Life is about consistency and their is no point in giving out momentary false hope about humanity!

What I like to do, specially if the person behind me seems to be having a really bad day.

I pay for mine and their meal at the first window but I get the receipts. At the second window I show the person the two receipts and I tell them both are mine, I take their meal and mine and leave..... Now they have to go through the entire drive through line again.

Life is about consistency and their is no point in giving out momentary false hope about humanity!
That’s not a positive vibe, which was the point of the original poster.
Open up that Grinch heart a tiny bit more.
Hopefully Wingboy is ahead of you next time at the drive thru.

I was at Chubby's subs at Morningside and Shep. Paid for my two subs and an older guy who looked pretty normal asked for the exact price of their cheaper sub. Didn't speak much English, but was confused and wanted to see if he can get the $5.50 6 inch sub for five bucks assuming that's all he had. At least that was my inference.

Anyways, me and the owner/manager figured out that he was down on his luck and that's all he had, so I was like "Just add it to mine". However, the manager was more than willing to take care of the guy and give it on the house. So, go Chubby's! if you're in the hood, look them up. Haven't been to a Subway or Mr. Sub since I found this place, family owned and great food. Cheap & good is hard to find and great service too peeps.

Nah...if I was the guy behind you, all I'd say is "I don't know what that idiot was doing, go get my combo1 with triple mayo and quadruple ketchup, post haste!" and that's that.

A while back was walking near Ryerson University with my gf at the time, now my wife. We see an older lady freaking out so we go see what’s up. She needs to get somewhere and has a flat tire.

I ask her if she has a spare, jack and all the things and she has no clue. I open up the trunk and it’s all there…so I change her tire on Gerrard mid day. She was ecstatic and offered us $20 for the help. I refused and told her to give it to someone else as it’s just something I’d like someone to help my mom with as they’re the same age.

She took the money and gave it to my gf to make sure we have a drink on her.

Once upon a time, I found myself in a Wendy's drive through. I noticed that the vehicle in front of me had a light out. Being very smart and quick witted, I told the person taking my order about it and asked if they could mention it to them. They absolutely had no idea what I was talking about (I don't hold it against them) ... I think all they got from me was "car in front of me" and assumed that I was trying to pay for that person's order. So they're all, yup no problem and the line moves on.

I get to the window and I found out that they had told the person that I was paying for their order, so they decided to pay for mine, which was roughly similar in cost. Net result was no harm done, I'm left slightly confused and frustrated, and they sailed on with their burned out light

Yeah I've seen that meme too (y)

I've donated some old gear and add-ons to people on here before. Not everyone is from Mimico.

One thing we do (or did since we're not going this year) is buy a ton of stuff for kids, women, workers, etc when we go to Cuba. We're allowed 4 luggage, so 2 of those are just stuff.

Kids toys, coloring books, pens, markers, crayons, Children's Tylenol, work gloves, knee pads, shaving cream and disposable razors and women feminine products when we go to Cuba. Each time we go we just randomly give them out to the workers, particularly the gardeners and cleaners of general areas as the bartenders, waiters, and housekeeping get all the good stuff while the rest just toil all day long with nothing there.

We tip generously there as well, but countless times the staff always tell us 'we appreciate the money, but there's nothing on the store shelves to actually buy'.

To us it's $500 or so. But hopefully it makes their life easier / better even if they barter it away for something they actually need.

I was at Chubby's subs at Morningside and Shep. Paid for my two subs and an older guy who looked pretty normal asked for the exact price of their cheaper sub. Didn't speak much English, but was confused and wanted to see if he can get the $5.50 6 inch sub for five bucks assuming that's all he had. At least that was my inference.

Anyways, me and the owner/manager figured out that he was down on his luck and that's all he had, so I was like "Just add it to mine". However, the manager was more than willing to take care of the guy and give it on the house. So, go Chubby's! if you're in the hood, look them up. Haven't been to a Subway or Mr. Sub since I found this place, family owned and great food. Cheap & good is hard to find and great service too peeps.
I had a similar incident at Swiss Chalet. A guy asked the total price of a chicken sandwich, checked what he had and left.

I left a minute later with my order and noticed the guy rummaging through his car looking for a bit of change. I stopped and have him enough to get him fed. What impressed me about him in the restaurant was that he didn't make a scene or blame anyone else, no cuss words or rip off comments.

Working at First London Place an office building in London for a week I had my meals and breaks at the cafe in the building. The food was really good, not the soups out of five gallon pails. At the end of the week I went to pay for my lunch and the guy says. "It's on the house. You've been eating here all week." I was flabbergasted.

It was along time ago and I don't know if the same guy still runs the place.

Back
Top Bottom